No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +15.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Congratulations Flash
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Congratulations Flash
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-07 16:13   
Quote:
On 2011-01-07 13:06, JBud wrote:
This just proves how ridiculous prestige gain is. This game has been ruined, and a overhaul is needed.

You are wrong JBud. Prestige gain is not ridiculous. Flash spend time more efficiently than others.
He's always gaining prestige all the time I see him in game, either way: bomb, build, repair, combat.

Frankly, it's the other who doesn't play as much as Flash, and spend time doing nothing in game complaint how fast he earns his prestige.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-07 16:33   
JBud is correct - prestige gain is bugged.

Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-07 16:54   
Pres gain is beyond buged it would normally have to take years of playing non stop to break 1 mil Prestige Example: Coombie....

But back to topic Nice job flash you still did put the time in and thats honorable.. Congratz

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-01-07 21:11   
I used to do that stuff all of the time (and trust me when I say I was VERY good at what I did... VERY good). This is why I don't play anymore. Garbage like this. I'm sorry, but I spent the better part of four+ years working on not one, not two, but three accounts on an ongoing regular and somewhat obsessive basis - and on all three combined still haven't passed 200k pres, all the while during constant combat, building, repair, and bombing (partook in the bombwhore sprees of 482 and 483 for my part, as well as some of the mission "use" during 480). Still, in 4 years, never came close to this.

Stat wipes all around IMHO - let everyone start on an even keel. AFTER the bugfixes, that is. See how much of a badass your boy Flash is then.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-01-07 22:16   
Quote:

On 2011-01-07 14:11, BackSlash wrote:
Grats!

A severe reduction has already been applied in beta. I'll fire off an email to Faustus to see if we can't push the fix to release.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2011-01-07 14:12 ]

i cant wait to here the qq from the presige gimp

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-07 23:14   
Quote:

On 2011-01-07 21:11, Coeus wrote:
I used to do that stuff all of the time (and trust me when I say I was VERY good at what I did... VERY good). This is why I don't play anymore. Garbage like this. I'm sorry, but I spent the better part of four+ years working on not one, not two, but three accounts on an ongoing regular and somewhat obsessive basis - and on all three combined still haven't passed 200k pres, all the while during constant combat, building, repair, and bombing (partook in the bombwhore sprees of 482 and 483 for my part, as well as some of the mission "use" during 480). Still, in 4 years, never came close to this.

Stat wipes all around IMHO - let everyone start on an even keel. AFTER the bugfixes, that is. See how much of a badass your boy Flash is then.

If I get my credits for enhancements back, I'd go for this too.

Keep in mind that I wasn't subscribed and bought all my credits after DS went free to play. Meaning I don't have 300k credits like all the vets do .

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2011-01-08 03:01   
Wow. Guess I could have played for a month or two hardcore and got a million prestige. Took me years to make Fleet Admiral.
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2011-01-08 03:03   
Quote:

On 2011-01-07 21:11, Coeus wrote:

I don't think stat wipes are appropriate, but I do believe Coeus is a great player in DS.
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-08 05:16   
i rather not had my stats wiped thanks because unlike some people i actually gained most of my ranks before this bug (minus fleet admiral)

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-08 10:48   
Flash is a very active player, playing everyday. I myself captured him 2 times and unlike most players jump back to shipyard or SD, he let his ship captured. His style is fair. Besides, although he's #1 FF but I believe it's accident that someone suddenly flies between he and the red thing. Flash never intentionally FF anybody. And he doesn't lock planet just because he thinks their building style is different than him. Not only he's kind but also he cares for others who is in risk. His personality deserves respect. He's someone you can rely.

Tldr: This is the topic about congratulation to flash. So hatred is out of topic. Btw, QQ prestige gaining too fast = QQ prestige losing too low

Lazurkri
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2011-01-08 18:15   
well, I made Fleet Admiral in less than a year, and that took me quite a while considering how horrible the beginning ships are, so if they reset everything, I'll be pissed...

Congratulations to you Flash; You put in the time, and thus, the million pres is well deserved.

(if they do reset everything, I sure as hell hope they refund my creds for the enhancements; I bought all my credits as well)

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-08 18:27   
Quote:

On 2011-01-08 18:15, Lazurkri wrote:
well, I made Fleet Admiral in less than a year, and that took me quite a while considering how horrible the beginning ships are, so if they reset everything, I'll be pissed...

Congratulations to you Flash; You put in the time, and thus, the million pres is well deserved.

(if they do reset everything, I sure as hell hope they refund my creds for the enhancements; I bought all my credits as well)

The thing is, Darkspace existed a long time before it went free to play. During that time, the prestige gain was MUCH lower, meaning vets spent years making the ranks we can now make in months. That's why you see a lot of people suggesting such things.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-01-08 20:36   
Took me THREE years to make FA - and that was playing the way Flash worked to make his Million. Think about it. Same effort. Same time invested. Same game. Completely different rewards? I'm not saying he isn't due congratulations for (hopefully) being a credit to his faction and enjoying the hell outa the game... I'm saying for the time he put in he isn't due nearly as much as some of the people who have come before - hell, Doran busted his hump for YEARS doing Supply and didn't come close. Coombie - perfect example.

Think of it this way - you're working at your job for a number of years, worked hard to get to your position, kid comes out of college and gets a mailroom position, in a month he's your boss even though he has done absolutely nothing more or less than you. He did the exact same things as you in the mailroom, and all the positions leading upto yours - but because he joined the company later he makes more money got promoted way frickin faster and is getting far more recognition. How would that make you feel? For doing the same exact job that you've done for years.

Just something for people to ponder. It's not going to change anything, and the devs are going to turn a blind eye to the exploited prestige as they always have - but I would hope that by being aware of it and having it in the back of your mind maybe you'll understand why a lot of the vets aren't as friendly with the newbies as they could be. They're getting constantly crapped on, that's why.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-08 20:48   
Let me clear this thread up a little...

A) Prestige gain is way out of wack.
B) I wouldn't be surprised to see a fair few accounts toned down in combat prestige due to this.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-09 01:09   
finially something i aggre with slash on. you guys they have only been here since 2010 and 2009 (not all but some of you) think it hard now. i hate to see what yall would have thought back in the day when you supply for a whole day and barely make any progrees to your next rank.
but there to much to be done for them to worry about little thing like pres gain. but before you go spouting anymore about how unfair most of the vets are being see wehre there coming from first.

oh and GRATZ if the game was still like .483 i beat you sigh oh well i see ya on the battlefield and take taht mil away from ya. catch ya later.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.043246 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR