No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » new enhancements = more money
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author new enhancements = more money
µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-07 19:03   
What would, we the player base suggest as new enhancements that you would buy to improve your game play.

since i mainly play as the ICC i suggest a new enhancement that increases the power generation of aux gens or better yet an enhancement that replaces the aux gen with a ship based variance generator so please share your ideas on enhancements you would spend money on.

Email µOmniVore
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-07 23:15   
An enhancement that gives you an extra ping, or reduces your ping regen time.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-08 02:56   
Maybe an enhancement that actually affects fighters?

I tried testing fighters out with a friend before and after adding various combinations of advanced mods and the damage of the fighters was identical for each test.

I'm still wanting a better description of enhancements on the whole. Instead of having 2-3 enhancements that give 8% defence bonus the 'defence' part of the enhancement should be elaborated on to actually say what the exact difference is between the modules. Some people are un-aware that there is a significant difference between the defence power and the defence whatever for example. (i've forgotten the name of the 2nd one and I haven't slept in a long long time)
It isn't like it is adding alot of code, simply a String or variation of one, depending on the programming langauge used.

I was going to say a Jump Drive enhancement, that obviously the kluth wouldn't be allowed but that won't work.

[ This Message was edited by: Snafu (Okkam) on 2011-01-08 03:02 ]

| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-08 03:36   
how about enhancements on planets ?

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2011-01-08 03:57   
Quote:

On 2011-01-08 02:56, Snafu (Okkam) wrote:
Maybe an enhancement that actually affects fighters?

I tried testing fighters out with a friend before and after adding various combinations of advanced mods and the damage of the fighters was identical for each test.

I'm still wanting a better description of enhancements on the whole. Instead of having 2-3 enhancements that give 8% defence bonus the 'defence' part of the enhancement should be elaborated on to actually say what the exact difference is between the modules. Some people are un-aware that there is a significant difference between the defence power and the defence whatever for example. (i've forgotten the name of the 2nd one and I haven't slept in a long long time)
It isn't like it is adding alot of code, simply a String or variation of one, depending on the programming langauge used.

I was going to say a Jump Drive enhancement, that obviously the kluth wouldn't be allowed but that won't work.

[ This Message was edited by: Snafu (Okkam) on 2011-01-08 03:02 ]

And you'll pay for that?
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-08 05:12   
Quote:

On 2011-01-08 03:36, | Dark Hiigaran | wrote:
how about enhancements on planets ?

hmmmm plantary indicator and base range extenders anyone

Lazurkri
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2011-01-08 12:04   
Mabe bet rid of all the beam enhancements and replace them with fighter enhancements?

Other possiblities could include:
Faster JD or WH chargers ( This would be great for stat users, as stat JD's charge soooooo slowly)

Increased Armor/Shield boosters- I've noticed that def upgrades only seem to affect how strong your hull is, not your actual armor or shields.

Sensor package: would completely nullify Kluth cloak as well as ECM devices, or completely prevent a detected Kluth ship from re-cloaking.

Enhanced Self Destruct: Kinda a "Just for Fun" thing, but this would boost the damage yields of a Self Destructing ship 50 to 100%'s, making it economical for corvettes to kamikaze into hostile stations.

Additional Ammo Package: This Enhancement would be a godsend for Missile Dreads, and any ship that relies heavily on projectile weapons as well; I was thinking anywere from a 25 to 45% increase in amount of ammo carried.

I was also thinking of a whole line of "additional" packages that would range from adding extra generators while attached to additional shields, and even a additional weapon pack, adding on a single additional weapon, class appropriate, of course.

Possibly a enhancement that decreases the time required to charge equipment like ECM and EECM suits; pinging always takes so long netween pings to be much use normally.....

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-08 13:09   
Making new enhancements is a simple process. I'm sure if a player submitted some new enhancements that were balanced and not too powerful in the beta forums, the developers would consider them. (don't quote me on that though)

But it isn't too bad an idea to try.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Deth *CO2*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-01-08 13:10   
Quote:

On 2011-01-08 12:04, Lazurkri wrote:
Mabe bet rid of all the beam enhancements and replace them with fighter enhancements?

Faster JD or WH chargers ( This would be great for stat users, as stat JD's charge soooooo slowly)

Increased Armor/Shield boosters- I've noticed that def upgrades only seem to affect how strong your hull is, not your actual armor or shields.

Sensor package: would completely nullify Kluth cloak as well as ECM devices, or completely prevent a detected Kluth ship from re-cloaking.

Enhanced Self Destruct: Kinda a "Just for Fun" thing, but this would boost the damage yields of a Self Destructing ship 50 to 100%'s, making it economical for corvettes to kamikaze into hostile stations.

Additional Ammo Package: This Enhancement would be a godsend for Missile Dreads, and any ship that relies heavily on projectile weapons as well; I was thinking anywere from a 25 to 45% increase in amount of ammo carried.

I was also thinking of a whole line of "additional" packages that would range from adding extra generators while attached to additional shields, and even a additional weapon pack, adding on a single additional weapon, class appropriate, of course.

Possibly a enhancement that decreases the time required to charge equipment like ECM and EECM suits; pinging always takes so long netween pings to be much use normally.....

Mooore ammo fore MD's....Hell no

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-01-08 14:39   
Quote:

On 2011-01-08 13:10, Lethal Injection(ADM) wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-01-08 12:04, Lazurkri wrote:

Mooore ammo fore MD's....Hell no

if he wanted to make hi's md more lag capable then he would just add advanced weaopn coolers on it and have a ball with your connection

Lazurkri
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2011-01-08 18:10   
heh....no comments on the Self Destroy enhancement I see....

I've brainstormed a few more:

Increased Cargo/troop enhancement; make your ships carry more resources or troops.

Maybe a homing/increased damage mine enhancement? Mines are pretty redundant in DS, almost completely incapable of killing hostile ships, which kinda defeats the purpose of a minefield; no point in having mines around a strategic planet as a deterrent if a enemy can simply plow through them without taking appreciable amounts of damage.

Enhanced reload drone: a counterpart to the Enhanced Building Drone Enhancement, this Enhancement would boost the speed of the normal reload drone.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-08 18:24   
Quote:

On 2011-01-08 18:10, Lazurkri wrote:
heh....no comments on the Self Destroy enhancement I see....

I've brainstormed a few more:

Increased Cargo/troop enhancement; make your ships carry more resources or troops.

Maybe a homing/increased damage mine enhancement? Mines are pretty redundant in DS, almost completely incapable of killing hostile ships, which kinda defeats the purpose of a minefield; no point in having mines around a strategic planet as a deterrent if a enemy can simply plow through them without taking appreciable amounts of damage.

Enhanced reload drone: a counterpart to the Enhanced Building Drone Enhancement, this Enhancement would boost the speed of the normal reload drone.

Lots of your enhancements would have too big an effect on gameplay, but I absolutely love the idea of a better repair drone, on NON-STATION supply ships.

Maybe even a "Resist splash damage" enhancement, that reduces PCM explosions and enemy ship explosion damage. Many many times have I died in a scout beaconing cuz I was paying more attention to pinging than an enemy kluth's hull. They blow up, but so do I .

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-08 18:40   
I though about an enhancement that enhances ship based resupply components to repair ships like an AOE type thing.

an enhancement that increases the amount of weapons fired at one time for example the rail gun shoots 3 shots before cool-down maybe they would make an enhancement that gives a +1 to your weapons that increase the # of shots fired.

another idea is an enhancement that would effect planet listed earlier but i would go farther to state that maybe they could add a new structure that allows dedicated players to purchase and store these enhancements that boost planet stats like mining weapon range interdictor range and maybe a ability to buy enhancements to improve regular structures stats like

1. Bio-dome - doubles the space of all dome structures and the colony hub.

2. military command - lowers the tech requires for defense structures.

3. electric grid - boost all power generating structures by 10%-25%

4. Sensor grid - makes eccm and ecm scanners more efficient and boost their range by 50%(maybe 100%)

5. Research command - allows space ports to share the tech level of a sy planet up to the range of 50k gu or increases the effectiveness of research structures by 10.

6. medical center - heals troops and reduces the time plagues effect planets.

7. Fleet command - allows players to purchase ai ships that will only defend the planet that this structure is built on (i sure can dream can't i) (also this could potentaly be a replacement to the free roaming ai that we have now) ships are limited to scouts - cruisers.

8. System capital - converts the colony hub on one planet to a System capital that has triple the stats of the colony hub, prevents uprising on the planet upon which it is enhanced.

9.Resource storage - increases the resource storage of the planet.

10.Orbital mining - allows planets to pull resources to its space port with in 2.5k gu of it's surface.

11. Supply base - increases the range of depots to 550gu but slows the repair rates of ships.

12.platform support - doubles the resource storage of platform built in orbit in which ever planet uses this enhancement.

Email µOmniVore
Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-01-08 19:52   
well i was thinking extra additions like if u want a fowerd sheild gen or extra guns like ion cannons or guss guns or the otheres idk what there called only played icc in this game -_-

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
{Arcane|cat}
Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-08 21:55   
Quote:

On 2011-01-08 18:40, *OmniVore* wrote:

1. Bio-dome - doubles the space of all dome structures and the colony hub.

I would love this idea to be in the game .

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020582 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR