No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » new enhancements = more money
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author new enhancements = more money
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-09 02:29   
Quote:

On 2011-01-08 12:04, Lazurkri wrote:
Mabe bet rid of all the beam enhancements and replace them with fighter enhancements?

Other possiblities could include:
Faster JD or WH chargers ( This would be great for stat users, as stat JD's charge soooooo slowly)

Increased Armor/Shield boosters- I've noticed that def upgrades only seem to affect how strong your hull is, not your actual armor or shields.

Sensor package: would completely nullify Kluth cloak as well as ECM devices, or completely prevent a detected Kluth ship from re-cloaking.

Enhanced Self Destruct: Kinda a "Just for Fun" thing, but this would boost the damage yields of a Self Destructing ship 50 to 100%'s, making it economical for corvettes to kamikaze into hostile stations.

Additional Ammo Package: This Enhancement would be a godsend for Missile Dreads, and any ship that relies heavily on projectile weapons as well; I was thinking anywere from a 25 to 45% increase in amount of ammo carried.

I was also thinking of a whole line of "additional" packages that would range from adding extra generators while attached to additional shields, and even a additional weapon pack, adding on a single additional weapon, class appropriate, of course.

Possibly a enhancement that decreases the time required to charge equipment like ECM and EECM suits; pinging always takes so long netween pings to be much use normally.....

how about a whole new enhancement class unless your intention is to piss off the beam lovers in which case you will succed

for your other possiblalitys

for the first one its for a reason as your station is 200 million ton of metal all motion is realtive in space so moving the station faster needs the same amount of force to stop it so when you go to ftl speeds all your really doing is draining more power and draining more power will not solve the problem as the drive would burn out because jump drive recharge is so the highly powerful core can cool down now what happens when you switch a light on and off frequenlty not only does it use lots of power you burn the bulb out faster.

for the second one are you sure about that.

for the third one if your intention is to suggest they close up shop right now then suggest it again as that is purely unfair and will destroy the kluth faction for good considering most of the vets are luth you just can't fly for beans.

for the forth one it would be fun at first right up till you see me with all my ehancements slots filled with it.

for number 5 how about we also make the ship inrease in size as its unrealistic to have more then 12 photon cruise missles on such a ship size considering the fact that cruise missles are big this isn't sose or the galatic civ game with ultra minitrisation this game is actually partly based on SCIENCE.

for your second last idea considering i shoot the other ones out of the water.
you would hate it rather quickly when a ead jumps you and you and oh my god its got about 5 more particle guns 6 more heavy cemical beams weapons or 2 extra qst and we know how much those hurt

then of course you would come back and qq if this got aproved and i would come back and say well sorry you were the fool that suggested this

for the last one theres this maicaly invention its called a recon scout anyway when you have 2 of those flying arround firing eccm off one at a time IT DOES WONDERs

ugto have a covet ops vet that can be changed to eccm dutys XD

not bad ideas but then again they would destroy the game in different ways.

Quote:

another idea is an enhancement that would effect planet listed earlier but i would go farther to state that maybe they could add a new structure that allows dedicated players to purchase and store these enhancements that boost planet stats like mining weapon range interdictor range and maybe a ability to buy enhancements to improve regular structures stats like

1. Bio-dome - doubles the space of all dome structures and the colony hub.

2. military command - lowers the tech requires for defense structures.

3. electric grid - boost all power generating structures by 10%-25%

4. Sensor grid - makes eccm and ecm scanners more efficient and boost their range by 50%(maybe 100%)

5. Research command - allows space ports to share the tech level of a sy planet up to the range of 50k gu or increases the effectiveness of research structures by 10.

6. medical center - heals troops and reduces the time plagues effect planets.

7. Fleet command - allows players to purchase ai ships that will only defend the planet that this structure is built on (i sure can dream can't i) (also this could potentaly be a replacement to the free roaming ai that we have now) ships are limited to scouts - cruisers.

8. System capital - converts the colony hub on one planet to a System capital that has triple the stats of the colony hub, prevents uprising on the planet upon which it is enhanced.

9.Resource storage - increases the resource storage of the planet.

10.Orbital mining - allows planets to pull resources to its space port with in 2.5k gu of it's surface.

11. Supply base - increases the range of depots to 550gu but slows the repair rates of ships.

12.platform support - doubles the resource storage of platform built in orbit in which ever planet uses this enhancement.

loving it omni
[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2011-01-09 02:34 ]

Lazurkri
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2011-01-09 05:04   
I just LOVE how you completely mock and ridicule my ideas, but not his. I was looking for thoughtful feedback, well WRITTEN feed back I have to point out, and all I essentially got was " You suck, your ideas suck, and you should shut up".

Ringing any bells here?

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-09 08:51   
Quote:

On 2011-01-08 12:04, Lazurkri wrote:
Mabe bet rid of all the beam enhancements and replace them with fighter enhancements?

This wouldn't work instead of getting rid of them make one set of enhancements for weapons and then create a set of fighter enhancements weapons are weapons right.

[/quote]

Quote:

Other possiblities could include:
Faster JD or WH chargers ( This would be great for stat users, as stat JD's charge soooooo slowly)

yes this is badly needed this is a serious issue i know i would buy a enhanced jump drive

Quote:

Increased Armor/Shield boosters- I've noticed that def upgrades only seem to affect how strong your hull is, not your actual armor or shields.

This is more of a bug fix but if they allow def enhancements to effect shields and armor would make the game more intresting.

Quote:

Sensor package: would completely nullify Kluth cloak as well as ECM devices, or completely prevent a detected Kluth ship from re-cloaking.

although the kluth cloaking is terrible how about an enhacment that increases the rate of ping for ships while lowering its range

Quote:

Enhanced Self Destruct: Kinda a "Just for Fun" thing, but this would boost the damage yields of a Self Destructing ship 50 to 100%'s, making it economical for corvettes to kamikaze into hostile stations.

this would be fun turn your ship into a flying bomb but would be abused to the point people would complain. i think they should make an enhancement that combines all your remaining ammo and weapons rating and use that as a blue print for when the ship self- destructs or dies. the more ammo you have the more dmg you can cause when your ship dies.

Quote:

Additional Ammo Package: This Enhancement would be a godsend for Missile Dreads, and any ship that relies heavily on projectile weapons as well; I was thinking anywere from a 25 to 45% increase in amount of ammo carried.

this is a great idea, i would like to also see a means to convert resources to ammo and repair, why should the kluth only get hull repair i mean all ships have crews they aren't just gonna sit around with a hull breach they are gonna fix it.

Quote:

I was also thinking of a whole line of "additional" packages that would range from adding extra generators while attached to additional shields, and even a additional weapon pack, adding on a single additional weapon, class appropriate, of course.

awsome i agree that this game needs to address the way ships produce energy i would suggest a unique enhancement that increases energy production and storage capacity. as for the weapons pack would be nice if it could increase shots fired and speed of projectiles(torps are super slow)

Quote:

Possibly a enhancement that decreases the time required to charge equipment like ECM and EECM suits; pinging always takes so long netween pings to be much use normally.....

Yes this is despartly needed also how about an enhancement that allows regular sensors to ping but not as effectivly as eccm/ecm

Email µOmniVore
µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-09 09:11   
i had a few more ideas for enhancements.

1. an enhancement that allows for an emergency repair (been playing wow to much) restores 50% hull armor/shields to combat the abuse of this make it expensive like 2k credits or something.

2. an enhancement that quick charges your jump drive/wh device, disposable of course.

3. an enhancement that is for supply ships that gives them an Area of effect ability that increases the armor/shield regen rates of near by ships.

3a. also an enhancement only for the support ship that increases weapon cool down if friendly ships in the area.

4. an enhancement that pushes ships away repulser ability this would be disposable.

I sure hope devs are reading topics like this to show that the player base needs more change to help make the game better.

p.s. how about an enhancement that reduces lag would be great eh?

Email µOmniVore
Shifcane
Grand Admiral
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2011-01-09 10:23   
Reduce lag enhance?!?

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-01-09 13:21   
Quote:

for number 5 how about we also make the ship inrease in size as its unrealistic to have more then 12 photon cruise missles on such a ship size considering the fact that cruise missles are big this isn't sose or the galatic civ game with ultra minitrisation this game is actually partly based on SCIENCE.

That's not really an argument. This game is completely far fetched an unrealistic, saying that it would be unrealistic to have more ammo for ships is just lawl

Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-01-09 15:30   
Quote:

On 2011-01-09 10:23, Shifcane wrote:
Reduce lag enhance?!?

i love this one

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-01-09 21:33   
Quote:

On 2011-01-09 10:23, Shifcane wrote:
Reduce lag enhance?!?

Add "Instagib cloak whiners" enh to the list.

I would pay 2000 for a 10 shot enh.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-09 21:57   
Quote:

On 2011-01-09 05:04, Lazurkri wrote:
I just LOVE how you completely mock and ridicule my ideas, but not his. I was looking for thoughtful feedback, well WRITTEN feed back I have to point out, and all I essentially got was " You suck, your ideas suck, and you should shut up".

Ringing any bells here?

no the only reason i love omni idea is it might make planets harder to capture your ideas however sadly do destroy what the game is supose to be.

life with out beam enhancements can't turn pulse beams into long range auto point defence

and i gave detailed explaination to each one.

and sadly i never gave a you suck answer oh wait let me go read it again i believe i said not bad ideas but would ruin the game.

however considering people always read what they damn well please from my post let me list all the possible reasons.

rapid jumping space stations

lag

ultra lag

i will add more as i read my post good bye
[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2011-01-09 22:01 ]

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-09 23:02   
Would you guys really pay for planetary enhancements? What if some nub comes up and scraps it?

Plus, what if that planet is captured? If K'luth take luyten one day, you use an enhancement, and UGTO take it back the next day (they usually have that system) , you just made it that much harder to take back.

Plus, they redo the universe map every 6 months or so, what then?

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-01-09 23:16   
Yeah, no planet enhancements

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-10 01:14   
Quote:

On 2011-01-09 23:02, Reznor wrote:
Would you guys really pay for planetary enhancements? What if some nub comes up and scraps it?

Plus, what if that planet is captured? If K'luth take luyten one day, you use an enhancement, and UGTO take it back the next day (they usually have that system) , you just made it that much harder to take back.

Maybe they can have a planet enhancement bank that if we buy them and the planet gets capped would be the same as if a ship gets capped the enhancements get capped too i'll admit that there needs to be a feature that allows players to lock enhancements so that noobs can't remove them (chief Marshall ability maybe).

and with the game resetting that is a whole another issue maybe they can fix it some if planets reset you get to add prepurchased planetary enhancements when the game resumes

Email µOmniVore
MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-01-10 02:23   
Quote:

On 2011-01-10 01:14, *OmniVore* wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-01-09 23:02, Reznor wrote:

Maybe they can have a planet enhancement bank that if we buy them and the planet gets capped would be the same as if a ship gets capped the enhancements get capped too i'll admit that there needs to be a feature that allows players to lock enhancements so that noobs can't remove them (chief Marshall ability maybe).

and with the game resetting that is a whole another issue maybe they can fix it some if planets reset you get to add prepurchased planetary enhancements when the game resumes

That doesn't really work cause planets are a faction resource, not a individual player's one.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-10 09:48   
I'd like for just one.

Basically, you can buy one of three unique enhancements. They are "crew" upgrades, but their actual effect is that they increase the level of the gadgets of your ship by x amount.

These are very rare drops, and buying one costs an incredible amount of credits (20k+). And they only last last three deaths.

It could be more complex than this. Like for example, they would class binded. So you'd have Scout Veteran Crew Enhancement's and Destroyer ones.

I would say though that there would only be three levels though.

Experienced Crew Enhancement adds 1 level to all gadgets and has 3 durability.

Veteran Crew Enhancement adds 2 levels to all gadgets and has 2 durability

And Elite Crew Enhancement adds 3 levels. So a cruiser having this would essentially have the equivilant level of an elite dreadnaught. And would only last one death.

Use of thise enhancement prevents you from attaching any other enhancements.

I think thats a pretty fair balance no?

-Ent

*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-10 10:15   
who would use an insanely priced enhancement which dies in one....no

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024947 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR