No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » new enhancements = more money
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author new enhancements = more money
Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-01-10 21:14   
an enhancement that stops all the lagg

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-10 22:29   
Quote:

On 2011-01-10 09:48, Saint Valentine wrote:
I'd like for just one.

Basically, you can buy one of three unique enhancements. They are "crew" upgrades, but their actual effect is that they increase the level of the gadgets of your ship by x amount.

These are very rare drops, and buying one costs an incredible amount of credits (20k+). And they only last last three deaths.

It could be more complex than this. Like for example, they would class binded. So you'd have Scout Veteran Crew Enhancement's and Destroyer ones.

I would say though that there would only be three levels though.

Experienced Crew Enhancement adds 1 level to all gadgets and has 3 durability.

Veteran Crew Enhancement adds 2 levels to all gadgets and has 2 durability

And Elite Crew Enhancement adds 3 levels. So a cruiser having this would essentially have the equivilant level of an elite dreadnaught. And would only last one death.

Use of thise enhancement prevents you from attaching any other enhancements.

I think thats a pretty fair balance no?

-Ent

I have to admit, increasing gadget levels is a fantastic idea. We already have damage reduction and base signature decreases (which are based on ship size), so why not gadget levels (also based on ship size) .

Though, low durability like that....I dunno if I'd ever buy one. But if they're for cruisers and lower (giving dreads station level weapons? I think not. Unless K'luth can't use them ) , it sounds very balanced. Who even really ever uses the smaller ships anymore (cept the dessies are kinda nice. Can't really say for certain before they redo cruisers) ?

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-11 02:06   
[quote]
On 2011-01-09 08:51, *OmniVore* wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-01-08 12:04, Lazurkri wrote:
Mabe bet rid of all the beam enhancements and replace them with fighter enhancements?

Quote:

This wouldn't work instead of getting rid of them make one set of enhancements for weapons and then create a set of fighter enhancements weapons are weapons right.

Quote:

Other possiblities could include:
Faster JD or WH chargers ( This would be great for stat users, as stat JD's charge soooooo slowly)

yes this is badly needed this is a serious issue i know i would buy a enhanced jump drive

Quote:

Increased Armor/Shield boosters- I've noticed that def upgrades only seem to affect how strong your hull is, not your actual armor or shields.

This is more of a bug fix but if they allow def enhancements to effect shields and armor would make the game more intresting.

Quote:

Sensor package: would completely nullify Kluth cloak as well as ECM devices, or completely prevent a detected Kluth ship from re-cloaking.

although the kluth cloaking is terrible how about an enhacment that increases the rate of ping for ships while lowering its range

Quote:

Enhanced Self Destruct: Kinda a "Just for Fun" thing, but this would boost the damage yields of a Self Destructing ship 50 to 100%'s, making it economical for corvettes to kamikaze into hostile stations.

this would be fun turn your ship into a flying bomb but would be abused to the point people would complain. i think they should make an enhancement that combines all your remaining ammo and weapons rating and use that as a blue print for when the ship self- destructs or dies. the more ammo you have the more dmg you can cause when your ship dies.

Quote:

Additional Ammo Package: This Enhancement would be a godsend for Missile Dreads, and any ship that relies heavily on projectile weapons as well; I was thinking anywere from a 25 to 45% increase in amount of ammo carried.

this is a great idea, i would like to also see a means to convert resources to ammo and repair, why should the kluth only get hull repair i mean all ships have crews they aren't just gonna sit around with a hull breach they are gonna fix it.

Quote:

I was also thinking of a whole line of "additional" packages that would range from adding extra generators while attached to additional shields, and even a additional weapon pack, adding on a single additional weapon, class appropriate, of course.

awsome i agree that this game needs to address the way ships produce energy i would suggest a unique enhancement that increases energy production and storage capacity. as for the weapons pack would be nice if it could increase shots fired and speed of projectiles(torps are super slow)

Quote:

Possibly a enhancement that decreases the time required to charge equipment like ECM and EECM suits; pinging always takes so long netween pings to be much use normally.....

Yes this is despartly needed also how about an enhancement that allows regular sensors to ping but not as effectivly as eccm/ecm

i believe i know what the devs and jack are going to say to most of this

so kindly stop trying to make positive augments out of this it won't happen expecially in the case of the jump drive and the projectile ammo expansion because its called a suppy ship figure it out.

ugto have armor which repairs icc have shields missles ranged waepons pulse beams and pulse waves

the only thing the luth really have are massive close range damage cloak and their auto hull repair which is the second reason why they are balanced right now i am just seeing more ugto and icc screaming op get it through your heads if you can't beat the luth you suck that badly.

and on the level of the aditional packs i haven't a problem with the extra generators it will just allow luth to go flat out 15 gu in cloak with out losing any energy and make luth ships all the more deadly.

and to clear it up how does your crew repair a hull breach when they are a little busy making sure all your WEAPONS are still firing at the bugger that made the hull breach. considering luth ships are organic in nature its rather easy how do you get replacements metal to replace your armor and hull icc and ugto GOING TO USE TOILET PAPER ?

so how about we finish commenting on this little bit of this post as its not going to happen ok NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!.

and i believe torps were made slow for a reason. to be honest i think they should be super fast and hit their target instantaniously making it stupid to even try to dodge.

ps apoligise if i was rude inconsiderate or just flat out painful but you need to stop suggesting things with out considering the effect it will have on the game balance hence why i sarcasiticaly reply to theses topics and not start them.
[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2011-01-12 03:05 ]

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2011-01-11 08:03   
"i believe torps were made slow for a reason. to be honest i think they should be super fast and hit their target instantaniously making it stupid to even try to dodge. -JamesBob."

No. Torps aren't fast. And yes, they were made to be slow(er). That's their mechanism. They are slow. But powerful.

A waste of energy to fire them, plus losing the ammo. You can torp-det earlier if you trigger it within the splash range of your enemy, but there is no reason torps should be fast, they'd just be like all other quick-fire weapons but really, really hardcore. Why have all fast or instant-striking weapons? That'd be a pretty tame battle.

The beauty of Darkspace is its variance and multi-role capability.

It's like ignoring pawns and bishops and rooks, and wanting everything to be Queens in Chess... you gotta have some variety.
[ This Message was edited by: dj42 {C?} on 2011-01-11 08:13 ]
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-01-11 08:41   

Torps are a bit too slow, TBH.

While they shouldn't be super fast like missiles, they should at least be hard for a dread to dodge, and have some minor tracking ability.

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2011-01-11 10:04   
Well, in real life -- not that it matters in a game -- you have to lead torps. Normally, you take the enemy vector (in this case x-y axis only) and shoot one in front, one in the middle, and one behind, and you are nearly assured almost 2 hits, assuming you roughly calculated on the fly your relative speeds and distances.

Of course, that mandates that you point target your torps and not space-bar smash. You can quite simply set keys to your torps so you fire them independntly of the rest of your weapons, and even sequence a series of them. No reason to fire all at once that just miss outright because a dread was able to turn. They are easy to hit.

People burning up power and ammo by just running around smashing space bars and seeing their torps miss don't get it... you have to position yourself for the torps to hit directly, especially in certain circumstances.

Just try to to estimate the future point of the enemy ship based on on the speed of your torps, and send 1, then........ 2... then 3... then 4,5,6 if it looks like you have a hit. If not, back off.

Alpha-striking is for when it matters, you're lazy, or just don't get it. Otherwise, manage distance, ammo, and power accordingly.

[ This Message was edited by: dj42 {C?} on 2011-01-11 10:21 ]
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-01-11 17:51   
Quote:

this is a great idea, i would like to also see a means to convert resources to ammo and repair, why should the kluth only get hull repair i mean all ships have crews they aren't just gonna sit around with a hull breach they are gonna fix it.

Didn't you just say additional ammo enhancements are a horrible idea?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-01-11 19:57   
I dunno, I think I'd be happy just seeing something done with Build Drone enhancements. Right now they're arguably the least useful but cost more than most other enhancements. If the dura was removed, cost reduced (maybe halved?), or building pres reworked so it's based on what's built and not how long it takes to build it'd be fine.

{Arcane|cat}
Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-11 23:23   
Should be one that you could remove your enhancements safely from your ship that you attached already.

-feline-{arcane|cat}

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-12 03:00   
Quote:

On 2011-01-11 08:03, dj42 {C?} wrote:
"i believe torps were made slow for a reason. to be honest i think they should be super fast and hit their target instantaniously making it stupid to even try to dodge. -JamesBob."

No. Torps aren't fast. And yes, they were made to be slow(er). That's their mechanism. They are slow. But powerful.

A waste of energy to fire them, plus losing the ammo. You can torp-det earlier if you trigger it within the splash range of your enemy, but there is no reason torps should be fast, they'd just be like all other quick-fire weapons but really, really hardcore. Why have all fast or instant-striking weapons? That'd be a pretty tame battle.

The beauty of Darkspace is its variance and multi-role capability.

It's like ignoring pawns and bishops and rooks, and wanting everything to be Queens in Chess... you gotta have some variety.
[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2011-01-12 03:03 ]

did you notice the ps bit would have pointed out that torps should be super speedy to be sarcastic

Quote:

On 2011-01-11 17:51, darksmaster923 (3IC) wrote:
Quote:

Didn't you just say additional ammo enhancements are a horrible idea?

??? oh that bloody post had another bug god i hate it when i quote posts with qoutes inside it like that its really anorying

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2011-01-12 03:20   
get rid of all the enhancements.Devs stated ships were redone to "balance" them...then added enhancements to "better" them...which screws up "balance"...so which is as intended better or balance?

Email Fatal Command (CO)
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-12 04:18   
man has a point

same thing with our current resource system now we can make stations and dreads from barran.

(if you like i can make a whole topic on the subject)

seems the people that where arround with 142 are the ones that are seeing things logically and not suggesting much lately apart from rolling back.

except a few who find it absoultly nessary to rub in your face how silly your idea was.

enhancements is ok

more enhancements only need one more thats for fighters no more after that really because its unblanaced game crap.

and a host of other problems that are caused by things not really nessary for example scen server if theirs one fleet admiral on on the pure barran planet server always manages to spawn a dread or a station with out and on the bonus side the only rule they are breaking is the fact that the devs didn't think about that simple fact. either that or they did and decided stuff it we don't want any new players.

want to know how i know all this

yep I SPAWNED A DREAD and i didn't use any illegal methord just allowed ones its so much fun.

(figured i would also request pointless topics to be locked when they are not going to happen anyway from a coding point of few and gamebalance)

Lazurkri
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2011-01-12 09:31   
since when do you have to lead targets with modern torpedo systems? Modern Torpedo systems have extremly good homing capabilities, so it seems like in the future, we've lost the guidance systems for them...

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-12 16:00   
Quote:

On 2011-01-12 09:31, Lazurkri wrote:
since when do you have to lead targets with modern torpedo systems? Modern Torpedo systems have extremly good homing capabilities, so it seems like in the future, we've lost the guidance systems for them...

actually moden torpedo systems have limited guidence system hence why subs can attempt to avoid being hit with varying degrees of sucess.

and because of that limited guidence system they have to lead them a bit which is what the game does just not enough according to objects speed.

Lazurkri
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2011-01-12 18:21   
were are you getting your information about modern torpedo systems? they NEVER fire spreads of them anymore. Modern torpedoes, such as the Mark 48 ADCAP, are able to be fired and guided all the way to the target if necessary, which equates to zero misses when used in the wire guided mode....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_48_torpedo

read this over a few times.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.036121 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR