No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » Can't get pass the Catalog update screen with 2 loading bars
 Author Can't get pass the Catalog update screen with 2 loading bars
darkcloud89
Midshipman

Posted: 2011-01-13 13:42   
Ok I think I have the right requirements to play the game but after its done installing I get the "Do you want to run DarkSpace" option after installation. After I hit yes and done it brings up the loading bar screen and after a seconds its says "Catalog update" but the thing is the loading bars aren't showing any colored bars. I can't figure out what's wrong? and on top of that it just freezes right at that part and then comes back and again then Freezes again. What's going on?

darkcloud89
Midshipman

Posted: 2011-01-13 14:01   
Nevermind I skipped that part and went on through with some hiccups and hassle but now I"m on the DarkSpace-GCQL screen installing the rest of the game.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-13 15:57   
The 'catalog' is a store of every file's CRC. If your HDD or CPU are slow then this will take time, as it has to scan each file and process it's CRC value.

We do this to ensure that A) no-one tries to hack the client or modify its contents, and B) that none of your files are corrupt.

Fetching and processing the catalog usually takes a matter of seconds, with a maximum of 10 seconds on a 5400 RPM drive. If it's taking longer, then you might have administration issues with Windows (ie, you haven't launched GCQL with admin rights), your HDD might be heavily defraggmented, and/or, as mentioned above, your CPU might be underpowered.

- Jack

Page created in 0.009102 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR