No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +7.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Crew system
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Crew system
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-16 00:18   
Something crossed my mind a few days ago, Our current combat system is mainly involved around the Armor and hull damage, Kill armor to get to the hull, SYstem damage seems to be somewhat semi functional, Im not certain.

Ok here's my point, Since everyship Has a captain (meanign all of you players) There should be a cew to command the ship and obey your oders right?

The idea is to Put a, how should i call this, a 3th health bar, representing your crew status, Everyone knows that in combat, a ship that takes damage is bound to injure or even kill crew members inside the ship.

So, as the ship takes damage , the crew bar slowlys starts to go down, When 30% of the crew has been lost , the ships system start to be Penalised (70% would be needed to operat the ship fully, the 30% would be a back up)
For example, lower rate of fire, lower acceleration, Lower response time for fire order, slower repairs rate, until the ships is either asploded in peices, or inoperable due to the lack of crew.

Wich adds another thing we could do, Crew evacuation, When a captain beleive he cannot win, and retreat is impossible, We could send an evacuaiton order that completes in, say 20 seconds, Once done the ships goes into Self-destruct countdown

during the evacuation process, the ship cannot be operated at All, the result of an evacuation woudl be less Prestige lost for death, i beleive it sound fair

Anyway this is just Example of what we could do With a Crew system, ideas are welcome, H8ters go away, Same for Gramar nazis
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-01-16 00:23   
Quote:

On 2011-01-16 00:18, Zero28 wrote:
Something crossed my mind a few days ago, Our current combat system is mainly involved around the Armor and hull damage, Kill armor to get to the hull, SYstem damage seems to be somewhat semi functional, Im not certain.

Ok here's my point, Since everyship Has a captain (meanign all of you players) There should be a cew to command the ship and obey your oders right?

The idea is to Put a, how should i call this, a 3th health bar, representing your crew status, Everyone knows that in combat, a ship that takes damage is bound to injure or even kill crew members inside the ship.

So, as the ship takes damage , the crew bar slowlys starts to go down, When 30% of the crew has been lost , the ships system start to be Penalised (70% would be needed to operat the ship fully, the 30% would be a back up)
For example, lower rate of fire, lower acceleration, Lower response time for fire order, slower repairs rate, until the ships is either asploded in peices, or inoperable due to the lack of crew.

Wich adds another thing we could do, Crew evacuation, When a captain beleive he cannot win, and retreat is impossible, We could send an evacuaiton order that completes in, say 20 seconds, Once done the ships goes into Self-destruct countdown

during the evacuation process, the ship cannot be operated at All, the result of an evacuation woudl be less Prestige lost for death, i beleive it sound fair

Anyway this is just Example of what we could do With a Crew system, ideas are welcome, H8ters go away, Same for Gramar nazis

I like this idea.

As your crew starts getting killed off, your ship functions should start to get impaired.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-16 00:27   
Exactly
And you can decide to save the crew, or whats left of em, to reduce your Prest lost XD
[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2011-01-16 00:28 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-16 00:38   
How will crew be replenished?
This will hurt a lot of faction/ships/strategies which involve in/near combat repairing if supply drones don't replenish crew.
Example: Kluth AHR...

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-16 00:42   
zero its a great idea but really yah kinda suggested it a bit to soon for any real acceptance with out damaging game balance at the present time.

but save it its a good idea

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-16 00:55   
Quote:

On 2011-01-16 00:38, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
How will crew be replenished?
This will hurt a lot of faction/ships/strategies which involve in/near combat repairing if supply drones don't replenish crew.
Example: Kluth AHR...

This is the reason i said idea's are open, i didnt Say the thing is perfect and ready to be implemented

Obviously, Crew should be replenished at Planets (maybe a new academy building?) and since crew can be transported via ships, i beleive supply ships can also repelenish ship's crews, maybe add a crew replenishing modual on a supply ship (maybe a Penality if its replenishign other ships in the middle of combat)
as for kluth AHR, maybe its time to give Kluth a reason to need planets (even thou admin Says they shoudl need planets and Kluth players say's they dont, go figure)

Of course, crew also replenishes over time since Every ships should(logicly) have a medical Bay to heal wounded soldiers...maybe dead ones too lawl (STO anyone?)

Quote:

On 2011-01-16 00:42, jamesbob wrote:
zero its a great idea but really yah kinda suggested it a bit to soon for any real acceptance with out damaging game balance at the present time.

but save it its a good idea

Whenever we had somethign add in the game, Game balance will be affected, there is no "too soon" or "too lates" for that, it is expected and can't be helped. Im tryign to suggested a more in depth combat more than spacebar smash. This will obviously change balance, and thats why the idea is on the table, So we can think of ways to Balance this out with the rest of the current system

Anywya, thanks all for your positives and constructives replies, keep-em coming

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2011-01-16 00:58 ]

xo3sonicfan102
Captain

Posted: 2011-01-16 01:46   
i love the idea.Battle desisons must be made quick and be the corrrect one,adding ecacuation and crew would make the game seem more real.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-16 04:47   
Quote:

On 2011-01-16 00:55, Zero28 wrote:
Whenever we had somethign add in the game, Game balance will be affected, there is no "too soon" or "too lates" for that, it is expected and can't be helped. Im tryign to suggested a more in depth combat more than spacebar smash. This will obviously change balance, and thats why the idea is on the table, So we can think of ways to Balance this out with the rest of the current system

Anywya, thanks all for your positives and constructives replies, keep-em coming

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2011-01-16 00:58 ]

i love the idea i really do but your not going to get much support from the die hards keep game as it is players.

not to mention the fact a completely new resource for players to manage may not really help in the long term as it just adds one more thing to learn.

mind you it might serve to get that ugly tutorial fixed up (looking on the bright side)

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-01-16 09:07   
One suggestion from me is not to make this idea overly complicated to implement. When you complicate things, you'll end up killing the idea.

You have a good start there.

- Replenish crew at any planets
- Supply drones do not replenish crew
- Once crew goes below 70%, systems start to get impaired.

These 3 ideas are already good starters.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-01-16 09:07 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-16 09:26   
Isn't it already in game? When you are fired heavily, device(s) is damaged and gets repaired.

Balancept
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-16 09:48   
I think its a great idea, we just need to figure out some way for in combat crew refills and the like (trannys anyone?)

Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-16 12:03   
I like it. But dont fall under the pod thing?

Email Admiral C. Wilson
James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-16 12:26   
I like the idea however I would change the supply drones to only be able to replace like say 10% or a very low number, basically just enough so the ship can get back home, remember that supply ships should also be carrying extra crew for this.
in truth I would prefer this for crew replacement:
5% from supply ship
10% from supply station
100% from planets

When I say %, what I mean is a percent from the total crew. for e.i. If I have a ship that can hold 1000 crew, lets say a supply ship, can only replace 5% or 50 of the crew. this is just enough to get the ship back to a planet, but not enough to get the weapon systems up and running

I really hope this/your idea is put into effect. it will give more options to players for more stratgies and for the devs to be able nerf or buff stats in smaller quanitities

P.S. I hope you can understand what I'm saying

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-01-16 12:47   
Quote:

On 2011-01-16 09:26, chlorophyll wrote:
Isn't it already in game? When you are fired heavily, device(s) is damaged and gets repaired.

Not really.

When your systems get damaged they will still be repaired by the crew. But once the crew level fall below say... 70%, repairs will be much slower.

Maybe once crew level falls below, say 40%, you get nothing repaired.

Once crew gets below 10% maybe... time to scuttle the ship.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-01-16 16:07   
yeah, and perhaps now it could be good to name our ships somehow normal and not something like mr.pwnerblasterwhojacksalot-and-has-3-legs (just an example, i dont mean to offend anyone)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027771 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR