No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » DarkSpace 1.6
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author DarkSpace 1.6
Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-17 20:01   
Ah I thought the command ships (Command Station, Command Dread) would get more control power.

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-01-17 20:51   
Command ships should get more control point gain

Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-17 21:04   
By cloaked K'luth not counting for cap point, "for obvious reasons", I am SURE this means cloaked K'Luth vessels also take no damage from the planet... for obvious reasons.

Email Danek Ma`arna C`arns
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-17 21:08   
Quote:

On 2011-01-17 21:04, C'arns wrote:
By cloaked K'luth not counting for cap point, "for obvious reasons", I am SURE this means cloaked K'Luth vessels also take no damage from the planet... for obvious reasons.

No, K'luth ships take full damage, there's no reason for them not to. Cloak is not designed to mitigate damage, only to give the element of surprise and control the engagement. Allowing cloaked ships to capture or defend a planet without the other side being able to do anything about it is completely out of the question.

I've spoken to a fair few key K'luth players about this in the past, and they were unified in their agreement that allowing such behaviour in the game would skew it too far in their advantage.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-01-17 21:10   
CLAPS

I am i bit worried that the squishy luth will have trouble here though..

we shall see.

Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-17 21:37   
I suggest the implementation of diplomats.

They can be dropped like infantry but only have 1/10 of their durability and absolutely no offensive skills against infantry. However, diplomats should be able to combat (negotiate? debate?) with enemy diplomat units to defeat them.

Diplomats will carry a greater control generation rate than infantry, being diplomats and all. And of course they will improve morale as well.

Enemies orbiting the planet should also be able to click on diplomat units and transfer credits to bribe them to defect! Instant revenue stream, Palestar!

This request is semi-serious.

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

Balancept
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-17 22:09   
One thing that I could see that would be a leveling of the playing field tactic is that if the main colony hub of a building is destroyed, then the control points that the planet naturally generates would be lessened or disappear entirely. This would give a big role to combat bombers, and also force the defenders to use point defense of their own.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-17 22:56   
Will planets have an effect on other planets in the same cluster?

tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-17 23:18   
i think C'arns ment that if you are cloacked uwon't get hurt by the planet if u are close to it since it or enemy players arn't suppose to know u are there in the first place otherwise players would just hug planets so if us luth try to get near by the time we are close we already lost armor and are weakened even further

also how does the damage for ships work does it hurt your ship in all directions or just the side facing the planet

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-17 23:50   
Quote:

On 2011-01-17 23:18, tucker32 wrote:
i think C'arns ment that if you are cloacked uwon't get hurt by the planet if u are close to it since it or enemy players arn't suppose to know u are there in the first place otherwise players would just hug planets so if us luth try to get near by the time we are close we already lost armor and are weakened even further

also how does the damage for ships work does it hurt your ship in all directions or just the side facing the planet

Planet damage starts from 500gu from planet. Ships hug from 100-300 gu.
Traveling 200-400 gu isn't too bad, also why are you approaching a highly defended planet in the first place?
For a long time planet defences haven't helped to stop kluth ships from taking the planet, unless you spam sensor bases.

EDIT: On the flip side, for all of you complaining about UGTO stations hugging enemy planets to transport troops, this system is a good solution.
[ This Message was edited by: SpaceAdmiral on 2011-01-17 23:51 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-01-18 00:27   
Quote:

On 2011-01-17 21:08, BackSlash wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-01-17 21:04, C'arns wrote:

No, K'luth ships take full damage, there's no reason for them not to. Cloak is not designed to mitigate damage, only to give the element of surprise and control the engagement. Allowing cloaked ships to capture or defend a planet without the other side being able to do anything about it is completely out of the question.

I've spoken to a fair few key K'luth players about this in the past, and they were unified in their agreement that allowing such behaviour in the game would skew it too far in their advantage.

I'm a bit confused here.

Do you mean...

1) Cloaked Kluth
- Don't affect planet cap points
- Can't be seen, so won't be engaged (and damaged) by planet defs

2) Uncloaked Kluth
- Works just like any other faction ships

'Cos if cloaked K'luth can't affect the cap points, then they shouldn't be seen/detected or shot at either.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-01-18 00:27 ]

tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-18 00:39   
exactly what im saying also tranport ships have to get close also what if were trying to get behind a ship that is near a planet we wan attack from all sides

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-01-18 01:01   
Quote:

On 2011-01-18 00:39, tucker32 wrote:
exactly what im saying also tranport ships have to get close also what if were trying to get behind a ship that is near a planet we wan attack from all sides

Yeah. Unless there is a specific mechanism that says all vessels get decloaked within X distance from the planet, then I'm fine with it.

But as long as the ships stay cloaked, they should have no effect on capturing the planets.... and neither should they be damaged by planet defs either.

BTW, since planet capture is now roll based, it really doesn't matter whether a cloaked tranny gets under the radar and decloaks at the last moment. Tranny rushing is now a thing of the past.

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-01-18 02:56   
What about AI and player-bought Ally ships? Do they have any effect?

Email Alcedo
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-18 03:15   
i guess theyre treated as players

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023041 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR