- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +18.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » [1.6] Feedback and Bugs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author [1.6] Feedback and Bugs
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-25 05:50   
Planets can still revolt.

It's no longer illegal to order <#> AI to defend you whilst you solo insta-cap planets. Capturing planets in a timeframe that was not absurd was obviously not meant to be, and has now been fixed.

A planet will now no longer capture faster than 5 minutes, meaning past a certain number of ships, you cannot force the control percentage to go down faster.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind players that if you find a bug or design flaw that is capable of being abused, /report it immediately. Any people found abusing exploits (pretty obvious if you're gaining points at a rate that's not intended) will get their heads chopped off (or maybe the prestige gained from it removed).

- Jack

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-01-25 09:48   
Is it realy that hard to test?

Jump a station to a planet, see if the station takes damage.:

It aint, up the defence by 2 or 3 times then it is.
If it is then still add upp the defence 2 or 3 times.

I see icc station that gains shield sittin orbited to a planet with full def.

How hard is this?
[ This Message was edited by: Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] on 2011-01-25 11:59 ]

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-25 10:48   
Anti ship bases should do more damage over a longer range. I agree with the previous statement about possibly increasing damage the closer you get to a planet so that when you are capturing you are taking the full brunt of the defence.

Anti ship bases need to do more damage to offset the complete and total lack of point defence on them meaning that infantry and bombs can just waltz into the planet.

I would also like to take this time to mension the problems with racial structures in the control of other races. If a race knew how to use shields then they would be using them. If an ICC planet has a shield generator and it is captured by K'luth fleet then the shield generator should have some problem and lose efficiency or become inactive to stop the 'race specific' structure just being a complete con.

=======

On the subject of planetary defences. I would like to see the teir 2 structures for point defence create more point defence than they actually do.

Teir 1 Bunker base
Tech: 20
Population: 1
Power: 10
Resources: 800
Defence rating: 5% (point defence)

Teir 2 Bunker base
Tech: 70
Population: 5
Power: 20
Resources: 2500
Defence rating: 7% (point defence)

Granted you do not want super high point defence on a planet, maybe lower the defence rating of the teir one a bit to signify the difference.
With the tech/population/power/resource requirements of the teir 2 base giving an extra 2% seems really silly. It costs 5x as much population, 2x as much power, 3x as much tech and 3x as much resources and gives 2% more than the basic one.

=====

Infantry drops and transports:
Take a look at Erebuni or a similar planet that gets invaded alot by hostile/AI transports. Note that even if the planet has 2-3 barracks (which on average most will have 1-2) it cannot keep up with the amount of infantry being dropped on the planet. A barracks will produce heavy infantry once every 4 minutes and the average AI transport will succesfully drop about 6 right? Take some time to calculate the math in how long it would take for the AI to have more infantry on the planet than the owning nation.

I have had it in the beta where eventually the planet was ICC but the ground was purely inhabited by K'luth heavy infantry purely because there is a breaking point in the planet building inf where eventually the hostile inf sit on the barracks and very quickly kill new infantry which in turn makes them elite infantry. The AI continues to drop on the planet because it is not theirs yet so the planet will ever increase in Elite hostile infantry and there is absoultely nothing the planet cna do about it unless it has 5+ barracks.
(Also a note, that even with 5 barracks it is not a permanent sollution)

While infantry do not capture the planet as a whole, imagine if someone were to turn this infantry into raize infantry but leave 4-5 elite inf as attacking. The planet would slowly destroy itself and nothing short of bombing the inf off (which can cause collateral damage) or mass dropping of your own could stop it. Does this not seem wrong?

[ This Message was edited by: Snafu (Okkam) on 2011-01-25 11:37 ]

Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-01-25 11:59   
Quote:

Take a look at Erebuni or a similar planet that gets invaded alot by hostile/AI transports. Note that even if the planet has 2-3 barracks (which on average most will have 1-2) it cannot keep up with the amount of infantry being dropped on the planet. A barracks will produce heavy infantry once every 4 minutes and the average AI transport will succesfully drop about 6 right? Take some time to calculate the math in how long it would take for the AI to have more infantry on the planet than the owning nation.

I have had it in the beta where eventually the planet was ICC but the ground was purely inhabited by K'luth heavy infantry purely because there is a breaking point in the planet building inf where eventually the hostile inf sit on the barracks and very quickly kill new infantry which in turn makes them elite infantry. The AI continues to drop on the planet because it is not theirs yet so the planet will ever increase in Elite hostile infantry and there is absoultely nothing the planet cna do about it unless it has 5+ barracks.

While infantry do not capture the planet as a whole, imagine if someone were to turn this infantry into raize infantry but leave 4-5 elite inf as attacking. The planet would slowly destroy itself and nothing short of bombing the inf off (which can cause collateral damage) or mass dropping of your own could stop it. Does this not seem wrong?

I would have to agree here. When I personally tested the cap system, someone dropped 20 to 30 infantry on a planet with around 15. Once the friendly infantry was killed off, there was a friendly planet with 100% control, yet about 10 hostile inf that simply sat on the barracks and killed off any infantry. There were 6 barracks on this planet, so these enemy inf kept getting stronger and stronger. It becomes an Elite Infantry Factory. I highly doubt this was the way it was designed to be.

Once you have a friendly planet full of enemy elites, you have no choice but to bomb a friendly planet, which i'm never a fan of. FF points galore if you start killing structures = negative pres.

Also
I do not fully disagree with what chlorophyll stated. My simple opinion is bombing should be made more valid and profitable as a tactic. People sit and smash spacebar all day and get thousands upon thousands in combat pres, but most don't know a damn about bombing.

Bombing (hostile) planets is my favorite pass time in my sick bomber dread. It's also the most well modded ship I have, and i don't get to use it too often. It would be nice to make bombing a bigger aspect of the game. I know most people feel it's a dangerous tactic, and hate rebuilding after glassing a planet. Honestly, I wouldn't still be a player today if it wasn't for the mad bomber runs me, Dom, Oct, and others used to have back in the day.

That is all

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Kapone
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-01-25 15:16   
I think noone mentioned that planetary lazer defence is offline, and now every AI drop inf 100% if noone is near planet. Also planets still need defence range and damage increased.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-25 15:24   
Quote:

On 2011-01-25 11:59, Strategery wrote:
Quote:

I would have to agree here. When I personally tested the cap system, someone dropped 20 to 30 infantry on a planet with around 15. Once the friendly infantry was killed off, there was a friendly planet with 100% control, yet about 10 hostile inf that simply sat on the barracks and killed off any infantry. There were 6 barracks on this planet, so these enemy inf kept getting stronger and stronger. It becomes an Elite Infantry Factory. I highly doubt this was the way it was designed to be.

Once you have a friendly planet full of enemy elites, you have no choice but to bomb a friendly planet, which i'm never a fan of. FF points galore if you start killing structures = negative pres.

Also
I do not fully disagree with what chlorophyll stated. My simple opinion is bombing should be made more valid and profitable as a tactic. People sit and smash spacebar all day and get thousands upon thousands in combat pres, but most don't know a damn about bombing.

Bombing (hostile) planets is my favorite pass time in my sick bomber dread. It's also the most well modded ship I have, and i don't get to use it too often. It would be nice to make bombing a bigger aspect of the game. I know most people feel it's a dangerous tactic, and hate rebuilding after glassing a planet. Honestly, I wouldn't still be a player today if it wasn't for the mad bomber runs me, Dom, Oct, and others used to have back in the day.

That is all

Well remember that structures are disabled once they drop below 50%. With the higher structure HP, it should be much easier to just disable structures than outright destroy them (more bombs to take it down, means higher margin for error) .

I take my command carrier along with capping ships. It's sturdy, can build repair plats, can deploy masses of fighters while still being able to bomb and build once it's capped.

I don't remember if Sector Command Base comes with mirvs or not.... I think it doesn't.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-25 15:55   
I have a sneaking suspicion that PD isn't being applied to allied infantry, not to mention that it should be affecting drop rates (50% pd = 50% chance infantry will land).

I'll double check - if it's not, I'll push for it to be added, as this was the original intention (although the large document I had written disapeared off of our google docs account).

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-01-25 16:52   
Overpowerd bug: Cloak still works when energy is 0.

tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-26 02:36   
lol i remember i got 15 elites off 1 planet in beta i was like sweet but now i know why lol well at least ppl won't be capped easily now lol

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-26 08:56   
50% chance on each infantry or the whole drop?

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-01-26 10:48   
Quote:
On 2011-01-26 08:56, Snafu (Okkam) wrote:
50% chance on each infantry or the whole drop?

Per unit.
Even if you drop them as a whole. there still individual units and individual drop pods (even if it looks like one diamond, there just one big group in the same spot)

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-01-26 15:07   
Quote:

On 2011-01-25 15:55, BackSlash wrote:
I have a sneaking suspicion that PD isn't being applied to allied infantry, not to mention that it should be affecting drop rates (50% pd = 50% chance infantry will land).

I'll double check - if it's not, I'll push for it to be added, as this was the original intention (although the large document I had written disapeared off of our google docs account).

Is that word supposed to be there because that leads me to assume that if you drop friendly infantry on a planet and the PD percentage is at 50 then only half of the friendly infantry would land on the planet.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-26 16:13   
PD is a defencive rating, and reduces damage, so it should be applied to allied units. Should also effect enemy ones, but in a different manner.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-01-26 16:22   
FYI...

Currently, PD has no effect on any units dropped on a planet... it only affects damage from bombs.

Goto the website of Faustus
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-01-26 16:24   
Quote:

On 2011-01-25 16:52, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:
Overpowerd bug: Cloak still works when energy is 0.

Cloaking devices no longer turn off when energy hits 0... instead they become less effective in masking signature, enemies will see the ship flicker in and out.

Goto the website of Faustus
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.035892 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR