No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Other systems.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author Other systems.
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-01-28 16:08   
perhaps you shold make a proposed map of the MV the way your talking about. Visual aid if you will to help get the point across.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-28 19:59   
Quote:

On 2011-01-28 11:26, Defiance*FTL* wrote:
ICC != Luth lapdog

Indeed.

ICC = K'luth's Fargo Rock feeding ground.

Quote:

On 2011-01-28 16:08, Defiance*FTL* wrote:
perhaps you shold make a proposed map of the MV the way your talking about. Visual aid if you will to help get the point across.

Visual aid will help a lot. People like pictures. Worked for me.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-28 20:24   
Quote:

On 2011-01-25 18:27, Defiance*FTL* wrote:
herd stories of MI deads insta pwning Assault Dreads... i havent even attempted to go there since.

to clairfy, FTL and ICCU used to go into proc to cap it all the time, as well as RR and the home systems, (we were trying to get combat out of sag, as sag is stale)

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*FTL* on 2011-01-26 03:47 ]

those storys are quite true even with ugto you need quite a few support stations to help out

kluth just blow up after several alphas honestly why even have the mi when you need 12 players to kill one node and a mi long head with out dying they are seriously overpowered they kill eads for gods sake

Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-28 21:03   
Im sure all of you have seen my(We made history) post. Well to me it was history. That battle was the most fun battle I had helped with. Now its all about Fargo. When I log I ask people what are we doing and wheres the battle and you know what they tell me. Admiral get to fargo in MD or a CD then I sit there holding the stupid planet for 3 hours and you know what happens.? We get not a damn thing done. The one time we toke luyten was it held by ICC for 20 mins. Then me and a squad of CDs held the gate while every one else ran. There were 8 of us and 4 of them. That was not a good day. Theres a reason I name my ship the C.S.S Titanic and this is not the reason. As for the big systems they can stay, because one day Fargo Rock is not going to be the star of the show. I think missions wold help the problem to, because if you have a mission thay sends you some were, and you get pres for it people will do it. For giggles MISSION go to R33 and kill a UGTO ship. Gain 100 pres, I know some people who would die to do some thing like this just to get away form fargo. And if you need a mission system I or someone else could think of all the needed stuff such a system. And for my final spew, If there were such a thing as a mission system there would be more players because people love to do missions and a good place to look at would be eve online or star trk online because they have millions of people playing them just because theres a mission system to go by. Or a story line to the game would help with the mission system. Thats all I have to say so do what you will with the this post.

Admiral of the Red Chance Wilson out.

[ This Message was edited by: Admiral Chance Wilson*CO* on 2011-01-28 21:11 ]

Email Admiral C. Wilson
Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-01-28 22:10   
um we got off topic here again
lets go back on topic
i liked one of the posted about geting rid of urisa minor rogans rift and procyon. then make luyten a bit biger with a few more clusters and a beach head for each side. maby even rearange the tau citi, r33, epsilon, kaus and cincinmati to go better with the newplanet cap system. but i do prefer to keep the home systems the way they are becuase i have spent alot of time there. learning the game and probly put a pirate base in each home system. so there is a place were newbys can chose a side they like and stick with it or not. but also so that there is something happing in the home system apose to them revolting every once in awile. i found the revolting part most frusterating. i like to bomb pirate planets. so hows this idea?

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-01-29 00:16   
the way i thought it worked, is even though you can see the different servers on your F2 map now, they are stilll indeed Differend Servers, and there for do not eat up res. I hardly see what deleting some sectors just because their unused atm, would do to help us out in the long run... that only hurts no matter how i look at it. With exeption of proc. Usless wasted crap.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-29 08:37   
Realistically, we really only need a home planet to spawn from for each faction, and the luyten gate. Nothing else ever happens in this stagnant pond.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-29 15:26   
I'm not really into the idea of posting a new suggestion on how the layout of the MV should turn into, purely because it might cause people to go off the entire argument purely on the way I structure the picture. If they do not like it then suddenly the entire argument is flawed because it seems like I am pushing to change it into a way I like, when it is not.

Just to keep you entertained.

Random idea I came up with just before I made this post:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/dhall/DS-MVidea.jpg

Please note that I do not want the MV to look exactly like this, it is only a suggestion.
Legend:
- Stars = Stars
- Yellow boxes = Starter Systems
- Blue box = MV
- Red lines = Jump gate routes

Ideas behind it:
- Designed to make the MV more liniar than circular.
- All races get the ability to arrive in the middle system which should have quite alot of planets, but each of the pocket, side systems (the ones attached to the middle with no other way out) should have a medium amount of planets and one or two SY suitable planets.
- The reason why this MV design is something I threw together is that it forces each race to fight over common ground but gives each race the ability to gain a strategic foothold by capturing a pocket system. Each pocket system gives better access to the middleground meaning that race has the tactical advantage.
- If all races have a pocket system then it will not take long for one race to dominate two of them. Once one race, for instance UGTO, dominate the middleground and 2 pocket systems they can decide to try and take the 3rd or move into the home systems and attempt a full scale invasion of home ground.
- If they attempt to capture the last pocket system then it will strengthen their hold over the MV but they will lose time in capturing it which the enemy can use to assault the middleground or another pocket.
- If one race is completely pushed back into their home system (which should have a higher concentration of Ice, water and terran planets as with exploration you eventually colonise and keep the most viable planets and the outskirts should be 'outposts' befitting a barren) and then assaulted it will bring an urgency to that side to fight back, creating a new thought on the battle (considering their last system is only a strones throw away).
- Just incase you all forgot, the 3rd race who has been pushed out of the middleground but is not being invaded can use this chance to attack the middleground all over again meaning at no point does the 'dominant' race have true overall power and they must always defend their dominance.

As I said, this is something that I threw together to make the MV have more point and be more liniar. Notice that there is no MI or Pirate systems in that diagram because I still haven't found much use for them, however it doesn't stretch the imagination to add them.
The problem I see with the MV is that it is completely circular, apart from the main exit to the home systems (which 2-3 of the systems in the home cluster are not used whatsoever unless the furthest SY revolts) which means that capturing 4 systems means absolute squat due to the fact that the hostiles can just 'go around' you or sucker punch you in a system you're not close to. The only purpose of which is to cause combat and anarchy.

If you wanted to add a sense of urgency or structure to it you would need to make it liniar. So as in a storyline sense the human races push out and then split (ICC and UGTO) but accidentally stumble apon the Kluth while exploring (whatever it says in the history, I forget). Most races will attempt to take the middleground before moving on, the first step to an invasion is to get a foothold SY system. However you do have the ability to capture a pocket system to create this foothold. The downside is that while you 'sucker punch' the occupying race in attempting to take it, you are bottle necking yourself.

Thoughts?

(May have slightly de-railed, but considering this is attached to the MV makeup of systems and removing the pirate/MI systems in this example I think I stayed on topic in my own thread lol)

[ This Message was edited by: Snafu (Okkam) on 2011-01-29 15:26 ]

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-01-29 16:03   
Quote:

On 2011-01-28 21:03, Admiral Chance Wilson*CO* wrote:
Im sure all of you have seen my(We made history) post. Well to me it was history. That battle was the most fun battle I had helped with. Now its all about Fargo. When I log I ask people what are we doing and wheres the battle and you know what they tell me. Admiral get to fargo in MD or a CD then I sit there holding the stupid planet for 3 hours and you know what happens.? We get not a damn thing done. The one time we toke luyten was it held by ICC for 20 mins. Then me and a squad of CDs held the gate while every one else ran. There were 8 of us and 4 of them. That was not a good day. Theres a reason I name my ship the C.S.S Titanic and this is not the reason. As for the big systems they can stay, because one day Fargo Rock is not going to be the star of the show. I think missions wold help the problem to, because if you have a mission thay sends you some were, and you get pres for it people will do it. For giggles MISSION go to R33 and kill a UGTO ship. Gain 100 pres, I know some people who would die to do some thing like this just to get away form fargo. And if you need a mission system I or someone else could think of all the needed stuff such a system. And for my final spew, If there were such a thing as a mission system there would be more players because people love to do missions and a good place to look at would be eve online or star trk online because they have millions of people playing them just because theres a mission system to go by. Or a story line to the game would help with the mission system. Thats all I have to say so do what you will with the this post.

Admiral of the Red Chance Wilson out.

[ This Message was edited by: Admiral Chance Wilson*CO* on 2011-01-28 21:11 ]

kid you need to get out more

mOno.
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-29 17:47   
What would happen if home gates could be destroyed?

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-29 18:08   
Mono, not a smart idea.

It would just mean that random people would destroy the jump gate as is spawned for kicks, meaning people couldn't go into the server if they got pushed out. It wouldn't solve anything.

====================================================

Let's recap on the discussion so far:
======= MV/Home Systems =======
- Less systems than we currently have available would be nice (it seems a general consensus for this has been achieved)
- MV should have about 3 systems, seems to be the average suggestion, reduction down from 5-6 that is now.
- Begin putting forward ideas towards a new shape of the MV?

======= MI/Pirates =======
- Give them a solar system which only opens up at a certain amount of player base online
- Remove them from the MV and give them a single solar system
- Re-think the MI discussion on what to do with MI, make them a system that gives nice upgrades that only team players can attempt to do.

We could always give the MI another 'server' and just make that a MI based scenario. Humans vs MI or something along those lines.

[ This Message was edited by: Snafu (Okkam) on 2011-01-29 18:16 ]

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-29 20:02   
Quote:

On 2011-01-29 18:08, Snafu (Okkam) wrote:
Mono, not a smart idea.

It would just mean that random people would destroy the jump gate as is spawned for kicks, meaning people couldn't go into the server if they got pushed out. It wouldn't solve anything.

====================================================

Let's recap on the discussion so far:
======= MV/Home Systems =======
- Less systems than we currently have available would be nice (it seems a general consensus for this has been achieved)
- MV should have about 3 systems, seems to be the average suggestion, reduction down from 5-6 that is now.
- Begin putting forward ideas towards a new shape of the MV?

======= MI/Pirates =======
- Give them a solar system which only opens up at a certain amount of player base online
- Remove them from the MV and give them a single solar system
- Re-think the MI discussion on what to do with MI, make them a system that gives nice upgrades that only team players can attempt to do.

We could always give the MI another 'server' and just make that a MI based scenario. Humans vs MI or something along those lines.

[ This Message was edited by: Snafu (Okkam) on 2011-01-29 18:16 ]

my suggestion give the pirates and the mi one system each in their little area

chop the homesystems down to about 2 or 3 system as aposed to 5 to 10

add a few extra systems to sag to give more planets in sag.

now 5 to 10 times 3 is 15 to 30 systems gone if that does not cut down on server times what will ? (with out making planets useless or ships because thats not as fun)

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-29 20:06   
Quote:

On 2011-01-29 18:08, Snafu (Okkam) wrote:

I really really like this idea. Remove the AI systems entirely from the MV. Make them scenarios. Humans vs. AI. PvE servers so to speak. Completely detached from the MV.

-Ent

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.031519 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR