Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Other systems.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Other systems.
tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-26 01:46   
lol Mi playable??????? omg u don't understand what ur asking everyone would play MI so they don't get creamed unless u set it like
(have all gold badges)
VA-unluck 2 frigates
Admiral- rest of frigates(never seen MI frigates though)
FA-2Detroyers
GA-unlock rest of destroyers
(have certain platinum badges)
Marshal-Cruisers
(have all platinum)
GM-unlock all dessies

and for the grand shabang station
1million prez

lol something like this will suffice its only ment for the elite players who supported Dark space throught the years

that's my idea on letting MI being playable lol

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-26 02:01   
Oh I didn't mean playable in thier current state .

But think if we could... A faction ALMOST as OP as kluth .

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-26 03:33   
MI don't have any ships below cruiser, and aren't intended to.

Not that the proposal will actually happen, but just throwing that out there.

PLUS, now that I continue the trend, this thread is veering wildly off topic, so we should probably swing back to discussions on MV layout and design.

Email Shigernafy
Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-01-26 07:26   
Quote:

On 2011-01-26 03:33, Shigernafy wrote:
MI don't have any ships below cruiser, and aren't intended to.

Not that the proposal will actually happen, but just throwing that out there.

PLUS, now that I continue the trend, this thread is veering wildly off topic, so we should probably swing back to discussions on MV layout and design.

well how about this idea if it dosent take long make a bran new map and i know the homesystems will have to be there.but as i am and other people are bored of doing the same thing every day and a new map would be the best way of doing that. but if it not eny troble unless it ruins the storie line if you/we do change. i play sen more now then mv because each map is diffrent and u get diffrent results each time. but a change of map in mv would be nice and it would allow the newer updates go beter with an update map or something like that. but that what i think.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-26 08:55   
Not to go off the thread's orriginal purpose, which was discussing on reducing the amount of systems, but Agamemnon has a point.

It is something that I joke about on a regular basis but everyone just shrugs off.

WE HAVE BEEN FIGHTING OVER FARGO ROCK SINCE JUNE 2010

Had to put that in caps to really drive home how centric the current MV is around that stupid cluster that doesn't have any real strategical value other than it is the closest one to Luyten.
With the mension of luyten we also come to another point, that when Fargo isn't being ravaged some more it is probably because someone is attempting to take Luyten again.

I know that we have other battles now and again in other systems but it just seems like the focus is put in area near luyten.

Back to subject and to give a conclusion to this:

I suggest removing the amount of home systems down to 2 and recreating the MV to be more liniar. Towards the AI side of things, other games have done this and you all know what, how about when you go attack MI space (as mentioned earlier by moi) that it takes time and obviously hurts but at the end there will be some sort of large ship that should drop a really nice enhancement. This would add a certain teamwork to the game and you can also edit in some storyline while you're at it. Nothing big though.

tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-26 09:18   
Well i got another idea How about a MI invasion i mean im preety sure this has been brought up before but just to say we need something new for thsi game it get's boring doing the same thing over and over again we need something new to spice things up

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-26 09:34   
Quote:

On 2011-01-25 15:56, BackSlash wrote:
Would you be happier if the MI system only opened up once a certain number of players were online?

That sounds like the opposite of what I would want, if there are 20+ players in the server I would much rather fight against them.

The value that I see in having the MI in the first place is to have something to do on the occasion that there is no one else on the other teams. I would like the MI set back to their original difficulty, or at least reduce their numbers, so that a small band of players can go into MI space and survive.

If this is considered farming and is meant to be discouraged then I would have to ask why they were added in the first place.

mOno.
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-26 11:09   
Can be even less ... and less is more!

1 Homeworld system for any race (5 total) with many planets and moons.

all leading to a central large system with:
3 main planets + moons for the 3 playable factions (gate around planet)
1 smaller pirate planet with gate orbiting to get into pirate system (low lvl AI system)
1 solo gate far outside to get into MI system (high lvl AI system)
may be add some neutral planets to fight for somwhere in the middle

im not sure how it works when all have planets in the central system, it could prevent gatecamping, and the long endless camping in general.

no dynamic word scaling like when enough players online ... change size manually when needed, if players ever get more (again?).

nerf/disable or remove blockade when less planets! i hate blockade

the rule of balancing is: if something is never used, buff it or make it worth going there or doing it. if all use something, then nerf it or make it less usefull.
[ This Message was edited by: mOno. on 2011-01-26 11:12 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-26 17:44   
The thing I'm worried about is reducing home systems to 2 might cause a resource shortage. But I do agree we can remove those uneeded non-strategic all barren systems every home server has.

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-26 18:06   
Resourse shortage how? As in a reduction in the amount of resources available to use or the reduction in the variation of resources (i.e metal, urdanium) to use? The latter is a silly question because other than metal it doesn't mean squat.

The first is something that should be raised about in another thread soon. Planets are capable of mining alot of resources if you just build them properly. All planets should have atleast one mine on it, even defence rocks, and shipyards should have more. However if you do this, you cripple the planet due to the 32 structures max.

Back to the subject matter at hand, I do not agree that it would reduce the resources available to races. If anything it will make resources more abundant with less planets/systems to share with.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-01-26 18:43   
Quote:

On 2011-01-26 17:44, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
The thing I'm worried about is reducing home systems to 2 might cause a resource shortage. But I do agree we can remove those uneeded non-strategic all barren systems every home server has.

Res shortage? Might be a blessing in disguise. Less station spammage then.
So if a person loses all 3 of his modded stations, he can't just pull out a new station and spam them endlessly without draining his faction's res very rapidly n screwing them over. He either takes out a new smaller ship or takes time to rep his existing station.

Bottomline; no more senseless suicide rushes, more thoughtful play.

Bombg
Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-26 18:43   
I couldn't agree more. This game is much too big for the player base it currently has, and could definitely use some shrinking. If you could shrink the amount of systems into one server even better. With chat, and player lists not crossing over to other servers it's very confusing to new players and sort of isolates parts of the game from itself.

{Arcane|cat}
Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-26 18:46   
Quote:

On 2011-01-26 18:43, Bombg wrote:
it's very confusing to new players

You know new players should be playing the scenario instead of MV, plus new players should atleast known the "manual".

{arcane|cat}-feline-(rogue)

[ This Message was edited by: {arcane|cat}-feline-(rogue) on 2011-01-26 18:48 ]

Bombg
Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-26 19:04   
Quote:

On 2011-01-26 18:46, {arcane|cat}-feline-(rogue) wrote:

You know new players should be playing the scenario instead of MV, plus new players should atleast known the "manual".

You're wrong.

I'm not gonna derail this thread into a debate about what new players should be doing, so I'll just leave it at that.

But to clarify what I meant as far as it being confusing; it's because the home systems are often empty and if you happen to spawn in them then you have no communication with the rest of the player base. A new player isn't going to know that the server's chat Isn't linked, or that there's even multiple servers to begin with. Also if you bring up your navigation map you're not going to see any fellow players.

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-26 19:47   
The shrinking of the systems could also mean less servers.

At this point in time I have forgotten what BackSlash said about servers so I cannot remember if we have one large one or just a few medium ones stuck together or anything. If it is the latter then it might mean that the reduction in systems could mean it was possible to put the home systems on the same server as Luyten and the rest and 'fix' the communication problem stated by another person above.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028236 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR