Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [Event Plan]Return of the Rogen
 Author [Event Plan]Return of the Rogen
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-01-27 09:12   
Story part -

The pirates, having been fed up of raids on the outer colonies foiled by the ever-increasing Confederate Navy, decide to step back and recount their mistakes.

Bitter questions and thoughtless criticism passed around the pirate colonies. "What did our forefathers have that we do not?","Why are we unable to render the confederates helpless?" and "What are our Ace pilots doing!?" were the most common ones.

Fearing a revolt due to drooping morale of pirate captains and corporate patrons alike, pirate overlord Edward Rogens takes matters in his own hands. He places the commissioning order for the largest pirate ship ever.

The pirates have returned to take back what is rightfully theirs! A barrel o' cheese, bottles o' rum and ancestral glory awaits them!

Main concept now -
[*]A server map which hosts a part of cassiopeia - Cygnus 61, Ross 148 and CD-36. The player faction should be only ICC, and enemy faction would be pirates.
[*]The pirates have a station controlled by Edward Rogens, with devastating power, epic armor and quick-charging jumpdrive (say, 1~2 mins). Can be achieved with 4 QST, 4 IC, double station armor and modding it with defense and damage enhancements.
[*]Pirates also get lots of cruisers because they have pulse beams (hindering missile and fighterspam). They also have many Bomber destroyers to damage planets (which is easier now).
[*]The server has a rank cap of 1RA. You have to beat the station using destroyers and cruisers.

Main objective is to destroy the station before it can make 101 kills, and prevent any harm to Exathra. Secondary is to prevent the station from returning from CD36 back to Cygnus.

The uber jumpdrive is not really hard to beat. Get 2-3 interdictors to trap the station and switch with the other when they get damaged.

Do comment
[ This Message was edited by: Boomshot on 2011-01-28 04:13 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-01-27 20:11   
<3 love it! sept one part... it has uber jumpdrives, and "thats no Moon" beam... so exarthra is dead for sure.

I do love the story bit.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-28 00:20   
I do like the idea in general, but organizing it and collaberating it with the staff is quite improbable. I dare not say impossible, because I have managed to do so in the past, but it is not easy... I recommend you get a full plan worked out, and email Faustus to see if he will help you with the technical stuff... Keep in mind that some of the changes you're suggesting would require a game update and that doesn't always go over well. I am just giving you fair warning, this may not be possible.

-JBud

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-03-02 15:48   
A Nautilus is hard enough to kill as it is, only issue is it runs out of energy too fast. All you'd need would be some staff member flying one fitted with a ton of def enh and a hold full of energy rechargers.

Page created in 0.017246 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR