No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +16.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » [Guide] Tactics for breaking the UGTO stalemate 101
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author [Guide] Tactics for breaking the UGTO stalemate 101
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-27 19:50   
If you play ICC or K'luth. You may be wondering why you cannot break the UGTO stalemate that they have going on with them having Cincinnati, Luyten and R33 in their grasp as shown below.

To put it simply. It's your fault. ICC and K'luth that is.

Here's a simple picture guide so you can grasp the concept of pushing on two fronts against the UGTO.

Here you can see UGTO would have to split their forces up in order to deal with two factions pushing on two different systems. The UGTO cannot be in two places at once and if they were, they would have their forces weakened to the point they wouldn't have an effective defense against the enemy.

The eventual result would be ICC and K'luth pushing into Cincinnati while they have control over Luyten and R33. Simple right?

---

How ever. Over the past 6 months. This is what actually happened.

Back to the time when K'luth was actually organized and pushing into R33. ICC made the biggest mistake of moving into Epsilon Eri because "they were bored of fighting in Luyten." They were warned that what they were doing would end in a negative result for them, yet they continued to push into K'luth space and forced the K'luth to pull out of R33 to defend their own territory.

Soon enough, UGTO regained R33 and after that the system was pretty much ignored by K'luth. The K'luth forces decided that they would try and take Luyten, but were having to deal with crossing paths with ICC who also wanted to capture Luyten. The result ending in ICC and K'luth taking each other out while irritated K'luth forces began pushing into Tau Ceti. All while UGTO sat back and watched the fun in the comfort of their own depot planets.

And here's what we have today. The battle of Fargo Rock a daily occurrence. The ICC and K'luth can now be bored fighting each other there while the UGTO can sit comfy and move into Tau Ceti when ever they please. The ICC and K'luth unable to fight back the stronger enemy faction.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-01-27 20:02   
soo... you want ICC and Kluth to hold hands in harmony and smite ugto?

it would seem that the devs want us to unite against the UGTO seeing how ICC luth systems have been side by side since the dawn of history.

Good job on the maps, made me LOL. Too bad there is not a way to mass communicate with all members of one faction. A forum all and only ICC can see... UGTO Luth as well. Then we could discuss tactics, and set up daily or weekly goals. Would be like player ordained missions. Would have to elect govering body of each faction too.

Without a head, we are but a beast lashing out at the blur around us. We are Feral...

My personal exp with pushing on the UGTO stalemate, is we make some headway, then luth stabbs us in the back. Im sure it happens alot.. so yea icc decided to get rid of its neighbors first.. no brainer there.

sadly my computer cant handle luyten... something about the red in there.. crashes me almost every time,
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*FTL* on 2011-01-27 20:18 ]

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-27 20:15   
Not expecting ICC and K'luth factions to hold hands per-say. But instead of battling at Fargo Rock every day, the factions could be battling at Kangaroo Outpost in Cinc instead. Then with ICC holding Luyten and K'luth holding R33, it would be a lot more interesting as there are more path ways to attack in a three faction war after the initial push.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-27 21:01   
better post than i thought it'd be

france: hey germany, suck our maginot line
germany: ...?
* germany goes around.
germany: yo waddup belgium
france: ...!
germany: in ur base, killin ur d00ds
* france surrenders

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-27 22:42   
There is no motivation to capture systems.
Higher ranks like combat because it's fun compared to orbiting a planet and spamming the b button or pressing a few buttones every 2 minutes to build.
Lower ranks like combat because it yields more prestige.
So, while I applaud you with coming up with a some-what good strategy, lack of player motivation and random LOLIMAKILLMAHALLYFORTEHLOLS people will break any truces.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-27 23:15   
Whenever I'm playing ICC, and we decide to attack, it's almost ALWAYS luyten. Every once in a while, yes, we get SICK of fighting in luyten, and take that barren cluster near the gate in epsi.

But basically, K'luth constantly attack ICC because they know that a close range invisible faction walks all over the long range faction. Anytime UGTO attack Luyten they are beaten back fairly easy.

Any headway ICC makes is gone, because it seems like the UGTO stations all agree to log on at the SAME time for ONE hour a day, and screw up everything ICC does .

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-27 23:39   
Quote:

On 2011-01-27 23:15, Reznor wrote:
Whenever I'm playing ICC, and we decide to attack, it's almost ALWAYS luyten. Every once in a while, yes, we get SICK of fighting in luyten, and take that barren cluster near the gate in epsi.

But basically, K'luth constantly attack ICC because they know that a close range invisible faction walks all over the long range faction. Anytime UGTO attack Luyten they are beaten back fairly easy.

Any headway ICC makes is gone, because it seems like the UGTO stations all agree to log on at the SAME time for ONE hour a day, and screw up everything ICC does .

More a map design flaw that ICC has only one place to logically move into to gain ground. But it was ICC's fault for breaking K'luth momentum against UGTO. Then further antagonizing K'luth to attacking ICC with constant whinging and taunting. It's also K'luths fault for completely ignoring R33 and giving into mindless combat with ICC to help cause this stalemate.

We may as well reduce Sag to this

and it would be completely the same as it is now.

xo3sonicfan102
Captain

Posted: 2011-01-28 00:36   
lol,u icc and ugto suk. bye the way to does have a way of being 2 places at once.....but thatsonly wen i suggest the idea to a higher rank.(im not tellin u hehehe) and then u attacked eachover?no wonder it was so boring defending and capping systems

AP0LLYON
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-28 00:59   
Time to grab the scout and put advance engine tuners on it and just harass everyone !

Gerlach
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-28 00:59   
The whole need of two factions to beat the third one says there is something else wrong going on, think about it.

And this:

Quote:

[ This Message was edited by: Gerlach on 2011-01-28 01:02 ]

\"I'M HEAVY METAL \\m/>_<\\m/ !!\"

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-01-28 02:27   
again i say, let this new system pan out, then we will see.

It takes far less time to cap a system now than it used to, (exept when all the infantry was on one side of the planet in one stack, and it was just a blow off the infantry and drop in one pass win fest). I really do see sweeping changes in the front lines of DS.

Which is the intended result the staff was after. Give them time to tweek it out.

There will be Blood spilled all over the MV, no where will be safe.
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*FTL* on 2011-01-28 02:28 ]

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-28 04:38   
Quote:

*looks guiltly in both direction*

better dispose of that phone book then to make you happy.

FLASH DO THE SAME

use missles ugto can't fly in a line formation to save their own lives.
oh wait you already knew that

what everyone also knows is that its a icc complain a thon.

and azure power i agree that is just screwed up we need a but load of systems in the middle of those 3 to offset that problem.

hey we could make a star system that has over 200 planets.

oh wait cpu problem would kick in my mistake.

(why do people bother its not like most of the players ACTUALLY LISTEN)
[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2011-01-28 04:40 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-28 05:22   
ugto has 3/4 of the playerbase. when that changes, the rest will as well.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
The_Enforcer (The Vindicator)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-28 18:00   
ummm why dont ICC just move into kaus anyway? ive been there and the MI barely have any ships there, just conveyor on occasions, and if u think

ICC: but were a long-range faction and they will jump us as soon as we open fire
Me: well u have AD pilots right?
ICC: well ye..
Me: WELL USE THEM!!!!

Stevefin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-28 18:21   
a double team on UGTO space will not happen, as both ICC and luth player bases does not trust eachother, or their heads. With the command with AI's, one noob with enough rank and thought is as dangrous as a faction, as wile they are out asulting, this one guy can round up all the AI's and start capping the un ocupied system.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026465 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR