Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A Note About the Large MI incursion today
 Author A Note About the Large MI incursion today
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-30 12:06   
More like it.

I like AI to a point. What I don't like about AI now is how they're big wandering meatshields.

However, random scripted fleets that spawn in a system and attack are much better and an actual threat. And in the case of today's MI raid, actually quite a fun challenge.

Then you can point and say "Hey we have AI that isn't retarded! How about that." Then you can throw in rewards.

Personally, I really, really like unique enhancements. Did I say something like more please? Yeah.

-Ent

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-30 12:30   
In relation to this:
- MI seem to drop nothing most of the time, considering their advance nature and rarity you'd think it would be a decent enhancement upon death.
- Prestige gain from shooting MI isn't much to be frank, I swear I get more from shooting a nearby K'luth station.
- MI should not be capturable. We witnessed UGTO drop inf on the main Node in Luyten and capture it. Considering the advance nature and unknown aspects of the MI it would be a stupid idea to think a mere boarding party could find out how to fly and use a Node. That and the fact that it is itself an extremely large PD boat with huge defence, it just creates a pointless meat shield against other races.
- MI should attempt to destoy planets on these spawns instead of roaming around waiting for someone to shoot at them.

On a plus side, I am for this kind of 'incursion' event happening rather than giving them a solar system all to their selves.

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-30 12:36   
Quote:

On 2011-01-30 12:06, Saint Valentine wrote:

Personally, I really, really like unique enhancements. Did I say something like more please? Yeah.

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-01-30 18:39   
Quote:

On 2011-01-30 12:30, Snafu (Okkam) wrote:
- MI should not be capturable. We witnessed UGTO drop inf on the main Node in Luyten and capture it. Considering the advance nature and unknown aspects of the MI it would be a stupid idea to think a mere boarding party could find out how to fly and use a Node. That and the fact that it is itself an extremely large PD boat with huge defence, it just creates a pointless meat shield against other races.

Yeah. This.

What if the node's internal workings were nothing but solid circuitry and stuff?

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-01-30 22:45 ]

Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-30 22:38   
Reminds me of the borg off star trek

Email Admiral C. Wilson
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-31 08:42   
Quote:
In relation to this:
- Prestige gain from shooting MI isn't much to be frank, I swear I get more from shooting a nearby K'luth station.

Quote:
On 1.543, Development Log wrote:
Slightly lowered prestige gain from dealing damage to armour or shields.
On 1.545, Development Log wrote:
Lowered prestige gain from doing damage to armour/shields further.
On 1.546, Development Log wrote:
Greatly lowered prestige gain from doing damage to armour/shields further in an attempt to return progression pace back to normal.
On 1.6, Development Log wrote:
Reduced prestige gain from damaging armour and shields further.

Note: MI has many wide-angel-beam, their velocity and thrust is "singulare" so your missle won't have a chance to hurt them. Besides, MI has 2 reflective armors, 2 AHR, therefore you hardly touch their hull.
I bet you know why now.
Quote:
- MI should not be capturable. We witnessed UGTO drop inf on the main Node in Luyten and capture it. Considering the advance nature and unknown aspects of the MI it would be a stupid idea to think a mere boarding party could find out how to fly and use a Node.

Eledore told me that capturing is a dice game. Depends on the ship, the value varies.
I have played other dice game and learn a bit of its concept. Assuming the maximum value is 99, minimum is 1, dice value is random per turn. For example, the milestone to capture player ship is 50, if you get 49, no capture, 51 you win. If the milestone of MI set at 98, clearly you are almost never able to capture it. The dice value doesn't depend on how many red inf left on the ship. So uploading 10 inf on a ship in a turn is not as efficient as uploading 2 inf 5 times on it, suppose the ship has no green inf.
In facts, 5 ICC players tried to capture a node with their inf for 2 times each player, all failed. I think MI milestone is at least 80/99. Pirate, I guess, lower than 70/99.
Quote:
MI should attempt to destoy planets on these spawns instead of roaming around waiting for someone to shoot at them.

Why? If they're going to capture it, should they not use the death beam? They don't know how to deactivate-reactivate the structures, thus capturing a death planet is meaningless. Besides, I don't think MI transport has enough inf in Sagi to do anything.
Quote:
On a plus side, I am for this kind of 'incursion' event happening rather than giving them a solar system all to their selves.

Thanks Doran for Nexus fleet and white annoucement.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-01-31 09:01 ]

Page created in 0.011552 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR