No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » EAD energy problems
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author EAD energy problems
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-01 16:11   
i can second that Kid.

10-15 min charge in station

5-10 min charge in dread

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-01 18:45   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 15:06, SpaceGK wrote:
Try flying the EAD into combat at 2-5fps... Then you'll have energy probelms even when you're only firing torps while travelling at 5gu lol

Energy regain seems to be related to frame rate, meaning energy regains alot slower and the FTL drive recharges alot slower aswell at a lower frame rate...
[ This Message was edited by: SpaceGK on 2011-02-01 15:39 ]

Yeah, when my sister, dad, and mom was on using bandwidth, and i was using a netbook, it took my carrier dread nearly 10 minutes to charge that jd...and i died.
BUT NAO I HAS BETTER COMPUTER!!!

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-01 19:41   

Oh golly geez wow. Looks like I better upgrade my graphics card.
Maybe I can squeeze an extra 20% to 30% energy out of that Siphon.

More pew pew!

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2011-02-02 16:06   
Because I dont like the ship, people flying EAD's always killed my 410...

Nah every ship was given pro's and con's to offset them. Any ship is good in its role as long as you know how to use it.

Email Tael
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-02 16:57   
only problem with EAD, is that one pesky cannon giving it soooo much more mass.

Its laughably easy to get on a ead's rear and stay there.

James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-02 20:27   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 16:57, Defiance*FTL* wrote:
only problem with EAD, is that one pesky cannon giving it soooo much more mass.

Its laughably easy to get on a ead's rear and stay there.

sadly this is so true, hell even if you get on their side you can cut their damage-out-put in half or more. I used to be so scared of the EAD but now I can fly it, I just laugh at anyone who brings one out.
[ This Message was edited by: James 296 on 2011-02-02 20:32 ]

Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-02 21:17   
The Battle Dreadnaught should be used for battles. The Elite Assault Dreadnaught should be used for assaults.

Thus, use your EAD if there are multiple stations out and you want to do serious damage. The EAD is a battering ram, not a ship you'd want to do dogfights in. If an enemy gets behind you, just jump away--it'll be hard for you to out manouever them.

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-02 21:17   
Pretty sure this thread should have closed after my first post.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-02 23:04   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 21:17, Sopwith Camel wrote:
The Battle Dreadnaught should be used for battles. The Elite Assault Dreadnaught should be used for assaults.

Thus, use your EAD if there are multiple stations out and you want to do serious damage. The EAD is a battering ram, not a ship you'd want to do dogfights in. If an enemy gets behind you, just jump away--it'll be hard for you to out manouever them.

It doesn't work like that in this game. In this game, assault dreads are used for battles and assaults. The Battle Dreadnaught is used for .....something.

This game's combat really needs to encourage longer range fighting more and closer range less.

[ This Message was edited by: darksmaster923 (3IC) on 2011-02-02 23:06 ]

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-03 05:40   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 23:04, darksmaster923 (3IC) wrote:
This game's combat really needs to encourage longer range fighting more and closer range less.

Having shot a bunch of stations and dreads to death with cruisers from a distance, I can only assume that people merely fail to realise that flying directly towards the enemy while shooting is not always the best tactic. A lot of "OMG DREADS AND STATIONS ARE OVERPOWERED" arguments can be countered by moving 500gu or more from said dreadnaught/station.

Back onto the main point.

EADs are not line units. As has been said, they are basically battering rams, using torpedoes and QSTs to attack while closing with the target and then firing beams at point-blank to deal lots and lots of damage. They should jump in as close as possible in order to reduce the distance they need to cover and the speed they need to move at, and should probably attempt only a single pass on the target since that's how long their energy lasts. Total engagement time should be the maximum of either JD charge time or when you run out of energy, although ideally one's JD should charge BEFORE you hit zero energy since otherwise it takes much longer for it to charge.

Judicious use of enhancements can also increase your fighting time; for those with the credits to spare there is a particular choice of enhancement that provides less energy usage, which leads to an increased fire rate and more shots per unit of energy, leading to more damage.

If you want to stay in the fight for longer than it takes your JD to recharge, use a battle dreadnaught and bombard the enemy from a distance.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-03 14:42   
Quote:

Quote:

It doesn't work like that in this game. In this game, assault dreads are used for battles and assaults. The Battle Dreadnaught is used for .....something.

I think the units/ships ingame are fine as they are. All factions have their long and close range units. And obviously some factions will have more of either.

The problem is that you want to fight on your faction's turf, style, or philosophy, and the other side is not playing ball.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-03 17:54   
Quote:

Quote:

[ This Message was edited by: darksmaster923 (3IC) on 2011-02-02 23:06 ]

Don't tell me you've been standing point blank in front of an EAD with a CD and expect to win by just spacebar mash... (1 PROPERLY flown HC > 1 EAD)

Battle Dreads seem as popular as the EAD for higher ranked players, it's not OMGZICANGETEADIMADITCHTHEBD!!!!! It now becomes a choice as many people have said. The mandi and siphon should be fixed like this too somehow. :/

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.015295 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR