- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » point of etiquette
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author point of etiquette
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-02 23:08   
It used to be the norm that when a person got any kind of a badge, rank, whatever, everyone made a big deal about it. EVERYONE said gratz. The mods would do /scream Gratz! The thing i remember most, was that people even on your own side would /y Gratz!.

Let me illustrate it the way I remember it.:

One day, sitting in mv, I got a [don't remember] badge

JM: /y Gratz!.

Az: lol. ty. Im on the same team

JM: I know

Az: well then why did you yell it?

JM: In case people on the other side didn't see. Besides, you earn a badge in this game, it is something you had to earn.Everyone should gratz you.

JM was my first DS friend, fleetmate, and also was a former Moderator.

Just a thought I'm throwing out there.

We all bitch about the communal state of DS. I'd like to see people return to this practice. It is a very encouraging thing to earn that badge and see 20+ red GRATZ! and maybe even a purple one too.

I say Gej do it the other day, and that is what reminded me.

anyways.
yeah, that's all.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-02 23:21   
I try to say gratz to people who earned something but sometimes i just miss it because I'm in the middle something like lets say a battle. on top of this it give a person a good feeling especially when you've been trying hard to earn that rank or badge. unforunately I've also have notice the trend of people not saying gratz.

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-02 23:32   
I try to make it a point to stop what im doing and say gratz when i see someone get a new rank badge although sadly sometimes I space out and miss one. If I can stop what Im doing for 2 seconds to type /y gratz and hit enter even in combat or under enemy fire I think everyone else can manage too. Though above everything else its the nice thing to do.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-02 23:33   
I say gratz once in a while, usually to people on the same side and only some times in /yell because I rather not be known that I'm lurking around. I rather have the element of surprise while I'm first on.
[ This Message was edited by: Azure Prower on 2011-02-02 23:34 ]

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-03 02:22   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 23:21, James 296 wrote:
I try to say gratz to people who earned something but sometimes i just miss it because I'm in the middle something like lets say a battle. on top of this it give a person a good feeling especially when you've been trying hard to earn that rank or badge. unforunately I've also have notice the trend of people not saying gratz.

I try and say it when I see it, but that text falls off the screen awful fast :/ .

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-03 02:37   
i only say degratz lol

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-03 06:27   
Can't really be surprised at this point.

Alot of the old, old players are gone, that started a tradition like this. There is no ettiquite anymore. Hell, GTN at one point was the paragon. Honor above all. And man did people want to aspire to that.

But that went away and instead its replaced by this.. I dont know what to call it kind of stew. Friends aren't made they way they used to be and faction loyalties are very popular. People exploit, people just want to rise to the top and use every trick in the book to get there. Theres nothing like being good players to each other anymore.

But Im one to talk I know, because I'm the biggest trash talker in the game. Because the playerbase isnt the kind of mature sportsman like players that used to be here. You can try and be honorable now, but it will just get you killed and laughed at.

Its sad. I do so miss more civilized days. Now you have to fight fire with fire.

-Ent

Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-03 09:10   
Every now and them someone ranks up or gets a bage, I say gratz. But thats not happeden in a while. At least in frount of me any way.

Email Admiral C. Wilson
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-02-03 09:52   
/y Gratza!
/y Gratza! degratz in advanced.

/y Degratza!
/y Gratza. when you get it back!

What i usually use i happen to spot it.

Indeed it is a old practice but its sad and true what valentine said.

Gratz community!
Degratz community!

Honor above Rank!
E.M.P.

mOno.
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-03 10:29   
gratz is loosing it meaning when its used to much, when its meaningless one dont need to say it.
the badges are only a question if time ... nothing really special.
i would keep a gratz for something special, like a capture/kill that was possible only by very good teamplay.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-03 19:06   
Quote:

On 2011-02-02 23:08, Azreal wrote:
I say Gej do it the other day, and that is what reminded me.

I make a point of congratulating people when they're promoted, because I know that when/if I get promoted, I'd want someone to congratulate me. It also shows a bit of thought for other people's achievements and encourages them to keep playing and feel welcome in the community. Communication is key in this game, and if people clam up and try to play solo they don't do very well. Talking to people can encourage them to come out of their shell and integrate with everyone.

For non-newbies, getting FA or GA is (was?) a significant achievement, and should be treated as such.

Finally, I make a point of saying congrats because sometimes nobody else does, and that's a sad thing.

And, of course, I am a semi-senior (somehow) member of the noble GTN. Honour is all.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-03 19:36   
GRATZ

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-03 20:09   
I always congratulate people, and I am always appreciative when people congratulate me. Getting congratulated also has the secondary effect of letting me know when ive done something, because I rarely notice. Like when I got FA last night, I was the last to know
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-04 04:41   
Quote:

On 2011-02-03 20:09, Cory_O wrote:
I always congratulate people, and I am always appreciative when people congratulate me. Getting congratulated also has the secondary effect of letting me know when ive done something, because I rarely notice. Like when I got FA last night, I was the last to know

Same thing happened to me at my promotion to FA xD

xo3sonicfan102
Captain

Posted: 2011-02-04 10:06   
i always say gratz, it engoureges people to continue hard work. my friend once got a promotion but no one said gratz and he quit for like.. a month or 2.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022908 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR