- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Combat lols
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Combat lols
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 03:58   
For all of you bored people out there, we will make a list of fun/funny/stupid combat situations you can try out.

1. Over Drive - Do combat at max speed at ALL times during the engagement. (and no, a scout or frig does not count)

2. EMP'd!? - Play as ICC with no shields on during the entire length of engagement. (bonus points if you are a station)

3. Armored Wreckage - Fly into combat with less than 20 hull but full shields and armor.

4. Go Green - Fly into combat with all/some of your engines disabled, must be disabled throughout the whole engagement.

5. Energy Star - Turn off all aux gens during combat, again throughout engagement. (has to be a ship that has aux gens)

6. Dive Bomber - (have to check if bombs do ship damage) Cloud bomb an enemy ship and kill it, teammates may weaken the ship for you

7. Red Lobster - On scen map, barely make the jump crossing Sirius 1's path. Then have a trailing luth hit Sirius 1.

8. Commando - Kill an enemy while piloting a command type dread.

9. One Man Army - Capture a ship using only 1 regular inf and no heavies.

10. WHERE'S YOUR SHIELD NOW!? - Bomb through an enemy planet's planetary shield

11. MINE your own business - Get friends to help you lay enough mines to kill a fully repaired station. Preferable near a gate.

12. LEECH - Using kluth ships, drain all the energy from a fully charged enemy ship, may not fire any weapons except ELF beams. Friends may help.

13*. Body Guards - Launch fighters at yourself, until you reach the cap. Then hug and kill an enemy ship, you may not fire your other weapons.

14*. Noob tube - Kill by fire pcms and other missles at an enemy at point blank range. Bonus points if AoE kills you and teamates around you.

15*. Disarmer - Disable all of an enemy ship's systems, friends may help.

16*. Combat Engineer - Get friends, and build and maintain at least 20 plats in combat. Has to be within pcannon range of enemy to count.

17*. Super Nova - Get as many allies as you can. Surround an enemy ship, and all self destruct. The enemy must die, bonus points for every other enemy that dies too.

18*. Ninja - As a cloaked kluth scout, decloak and steal dropped enhancements. Bonus points if you steal a unique or advanced.

19*. Warp Prison - Make 2 worm holes that lead to the other's entrance, either to trap an enemy or be invincible.

20*. Hit and RRRUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!! - Launch fighters at an enemy during a jump, bonus point if an organized team does this and snipes a damaged enemy ship.

21*. Raid Night - Orbit Sirius 1. Then shoot/bomb an enemy player/plat/planet near the planets near Sirius 1's orbit path.

22*. Orbital combat - Fight in Sirius 1's orbit.

23*. We Are Legion - Get multiple friends with assault type ships. Have one drive a station. Then get the assault ships to drive on top of the station. Have all friends beam any enemy ship that gets close.

24*. Balanced diet - In one gaming session, kill at least 1 engi, 1 bomber, 1 battle/combat/beam type, 1 assault type, and 1 supply ship. Bonus points for mine ships, trannys, do this to both enemy factions, and if you killed all hull types.

25**. New Imperialism, Indirect Rule - Get 5 extractors (ask friends) and mine an enemy planet until your cargo is full. If any extractors die you have to restart

26**. Renovations - Get friends, some in minelayers and others in engis. Have the minelayers lay mines around an enemy planet to kill enemy plats. Then, make your own plats where the enemy plats were.

27**. Drill baby drill - Mine an enemy planet. Then write the letters BP near the planet by spilling resources from your cargo hold. Then die in that extractor near the enemy planet.

28**. Learn history the hard way - Get a missle dread. Equip only sabots, reactive shields, and AFE drives. Use it for combat. Bonus points if you use this against an Agincourt with AFE drives.

29**. Red Squadron - Get 5 ICC stealth corvettes, all having red exaust. Then torp a Battle Station to death. Bonus points if you kill a node.

30**. Blockade - Get enough friends with dictors to surround an enemy planet with planet campers at 1.5k gu. Maintain this until the enemy ragequits. Friends in combat ships may help protect dictors.

EDIT: Post your own if you have some. *indicates one I edited in
[ This Message was edited by: SpaceAdmiral on 2011-02-06 20:55 ]

DarkCloudd
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 04:38   
Some of those actually sound kinda fun but do bombs even do damage to ships? And good lord how many mines would it take to kill a station that is completely repaired? 250? 500? lol I dont know but it sounds like it would take alot.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-02-06 04:51   
@Darkcloudd bombs do a little bit of kinetic damage. 1 bomb deals little less than 1% damage to a station's armor. So, a ship can be killed by a bomber dread if it has around 5% hull.
It takes over 100 AM mines to destroy a station wthout damaging its other arcs. That is, if 5 scarabs with multiplexers could agree to do that to a station together.

Here's some from me -

Deathless Life - Equip a K'Luth station with Makkar ship boosters and WormHole device, then engage another station for 3 minutes. You cannot cloak before 3 minutes.

Disciple of Doran - Use a non-K'luth heavy repair ship to kill a cruiser or bigger. Cannot use defense enhancements.

Diplomacy - Fly an EAD or AD around K'Luth ships for 5 minutes without firing at them. Bonus lolz if you aren't hulled.

20/20 sight - Get 5 scout or frigate kills with a missile destroyer.

0ldsk00l - Kill a station with only fighters. Bonus lolz for using only 1 fighter at a time.

Meatshield - Use tractor beam to make enemies FF their own platforms.

My head hurts! - Equip a UGTO ship with only ablative armor on fore, and engage a beam-heavy ship.

[ This Message was edited by: Boomshot on 2011-02-06 04:55 ]

tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 04:55   
lol who here wants to do the "mine" thing with me?

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 05:15   
It seems mines do more damage when uberstacked, as in standing still and spamming mines till you reach the limit.

I think I hulled or nearly hulled a full repped station with 1 scarab using this stacking method.

Beware, although you can stack your own mines like this, allies can't touch this stack, so you will have to make multiple stacks.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-06 08:02   
You know you've played the game far too much when the only things left I haven't done already are

Quote:

7. Red Lobster - On scen map, barely make the jump crossing Sirius 1's path. Then have a trailing luth hit Sirius 1.

13*. Body Guards - Launch fighters at yourself, until you reach the cap. Then hug and kill an enemy ship, you may not fire your other weapons.

16*. Combat Engineer - Get friends, and build and maintain at least 20 plats in combat. Has to be within pcannon range of enemy to count.

23*. We Are Legion - Get multiple friends with assault type ships. Have one drive a station. Then get the assault ships to drive on top of the station. Have all friends beam any enemy ship that gets close.

24*. Balanced diet - In one gaming session, kill at least 1 engi, 1 bomber, 1 battle/combat/beam type, 1 assault type, and 1 supply ship. Bonus points for mine ships, trannys, do this to both enemy factions, and if you killed all hull types.

I want to try Combat Engineer Personally.

-Ent

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-06 08:47   

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 19:02   
:|
Nobody has any to add?

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-02-06 19:57   
Quote:

On 2011-02-06 19:02, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
:|
Nobody has any to add?

sorRy me brain hurted whens i tryes to read things and stuff

that is all

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-02-06 20:01   
puting that aside i'll try some of these

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 20:47   
The Right weapon: Use emp's to defeat ICC shields, then use particle cannons to defeat their armor and then flux weapons on their hull.

Sniper: Use Ion cannons only to kill an enemy Destroyer from over 1000gu away.

Clone Wars: Recapture a captured player ship. (bonus points if the player who was captured does it)

Under Arrest: Intercept an enemy in midjump by jumping past them with an interdictor on.

... My ideas arent really funny, but they are hard.
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 21:19   
Personally I'm not fond of achievements that would affect how players play and become a liability to the team.

Email Sens [R33]
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 22:04   
Quote:

On 2011-02-06 20:47, Cory_O wrote:

Under Arrest: Intercept an enemy in midjump by jumping past them with an interdictor on.

i don't think you are supose to be able to do that

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-07 00:51   
Quote:

On 2011-02-06 22:04, jamesbob wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-06 20:47, Cory_O wrote:

i don't think you are supose to be able to do that

You would have to intercept them with it. you couldnt just chase them down i dont think. Although if i remember correctly, K'luth jump faster (they actually move faster) so it would be easier with kluth.
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-07 11:00   
I'm surprised at how many of these I've already managed.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021511 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR