No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Regarding the MI's Recent Increase in Planet Attacks
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Regarding the MI's Recent Increase in Planet Attacks
Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-06 11:20   
Today I was playing in the MV and went to spawn my ship as usual, only to see that once again both of Luyten's usual UGTO shipyard planets are experiencing massive power and worker shortages. The reason? MI Longhead Dreadnaughts or Praetorian/Legion Cruisers. So I grabbed my Engineer and spawned in Cincinnati to do some fixing and adding of backup shipyard planets in case the existing ones were glassed by MI attack. While I was working on this, a fellow player reactivated Arcona's shipyard, as it had managed to recover. I left to make a quick run to Sol to grab some resources so I could more easily and quickly complete my work, fixed up a planet there, and return back to Sagittarius. Within minutes of me being back in Sagittarius, about 15 after the shipyard being activated, I see a message appear in my comms:
Quote:
DISTRESS: 'Arcona' is being attacked...

The shipyard hadn't even been active for more than 20 minutes and it was glassed. In my experience it takes over an hour for the technology, power, and population to return to normal before the shipyard can be used again while keeping the planet stable. This has been going on for the past week or so. I've been able to stop the Longheads and Legions/Praetorians if I see them on their way to the planet, but that requires you to constantly watch Navigation with AI Ships enabled or check every distress call for enemy detected. While this is a way of dealing with it, things are getting ridiculous. Either the MI Planetary Beam needs to be drastically reduced (I'm talking 1/8th of its existing power) or their numbers or probability of being spawned needs to be reduced just as much. I remember before 1.6 came out it was rather uncommon for an MI to make it to and attack a planet, but now its so common its almost impossible to keep a functioning shipyard near the lines of combat, which for us means in Luyten. I've noticed they only seem to attack planets in systems surrounding Kaus Borealis, the MI gateway to Sagittarius from Procyon. While Pirates may attack planets by bombing them elsewhere, and I suppose that's compensation for our torture by MI, I highly doubt that it is anything like what we are forced to endure.

-- Nelson
[ This Message was edited by: Pimpalicious Nerd {C?} on 2011-02-06 11:21 ]

Olympic
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 11:29   
I do understand were you are coming from, but with this recent patch it was proably designed to give the AI factions more power and become more involved with the game.

What was once target practise is now a force to be reckoned with..

It does make the game more interesting with just more than 3 factions
at each others necks.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-06 11:37   
Maybe you need less planets to defend, it will make your life of watching out for MI a lot more easier.

More planets = More problems

Deco
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-02-06 11:58   
Iv also had to repair / defend the luyten SY planets many times. Its nothing to do with the amount of utgo's planets cause they seem to go past anything that is not a SY planet, luyten has no gate to borealis most the time they go past cinncinati and its SY planets just to target luyten its very fustrating specially when the SY are down and everyone has to transfer their ships to different SY mulitple times a day

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 17:50   
Quote:

On 2011-02-06 11:20, Pimpalicious Nerd {C?} wrote:
Today I was playing in the MV and went to spawn my ship as usual, only to see that once again both of Luyten's usual UGTO shipyard planets are experiencing massive power and worker shortages. The reason? MI Longhead Dreadnaughts or Praetorian/Legion Cruisers. So I grabbed my Engineer and spawned in Cincinnati to do some fixing and adding of backup shipyard planets in case the existing ones were glassed by MI attack. While I was working on this, a fellow player reactivated Arcona's shipyard, as it had managed to recover. I left to make a quick run to Sol to grab some resources so I could more easily and quickly complete my work, fixed up a planet there, and return back to Sagittarius. Within minutes of me being back in Sagittarius, about 15 after the shipyard being activated, I see a message appear in my comms:
Quote:

The shipyard hadn't even been active for more than 20 minutes and it was glassed. In my experience it takes over an hour for the technology, power, and population to return to normal before the shipyard can be used again while keeping the planet stable. This has been going on for the past week or so. I've been able to stop the Longheads and Legions/Praetorians if I see them on their way to the planet, but that requires you to constantly watch Navigation with AI Ships enabled or check every distress call for enemy detected. While this is a way of dealing with it, things are getting ridiculous. Either the MI Planetary Beam needs to be drastically reduced (I'm talking 1/8th of its existing power) or their numbers or probability of being spawned needs to be reduced just as much. I remember before 1.6 came out it was rather uncommon for an MI to make it to and attack a planet, but now its so common its almost impossible to keep a functioning shipyard near the lines of combat, which for us means in Luyten. I've noticed they only seem to attack planets in systems surrounding Kaus Borealis, the MI gateway to Sagittarius from Procyon. While Pirates may attack planets by bombing them elsewhere, and I suppose that's compensation for our torture by MI, I highly doubt that it is anything like what we are forced to endure.

-- Nelson
[ This Message was edited by: Pimpalicious Nerd {C?} on 2011-02-06 11:21 ]

no what really caused the problem of planets being useless against the mi is the extremely nerfed defence system all in the name of lag.

you see i fixed the problem where they always attacked mycopia if they did not get sidetracted by zoca defences they got chewed up by dawn before they got with in 1000 gu of mycopia.

that is until the new defence system XD

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-06 20:55   
Quote:

On 2011-02-06 11:20, Pimpalicious Nerd {C?} wrote:
Quote:

-- Nelson

Well, you get pres for building and rebuilding, and it sure beats hugging a planet and doing nothing, ain't it?

Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-06 23:20   
Quote:

On 2011-02-06 20:55, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Well, you get pres for building and rebuilding, and it sure beats hugging a planet and doing nothing, ain't it?

I'd rather hug a planet than have to devote my time that could be better used elsewhere to rebuilding a shipyard planet that had been functioning for only 15 minutes.

Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-08 21:36   
The point of me saying I'd rather hug a planet, despite my hating planet huggers, was to prove how much I hate having to rebuild/restabilize shipyard planets after they've been nuked by the MI.

Furthermore, this thread was not intended, nor shall it be used as such, to be a thread to be a troll on, Azure/Kenny. I would appreciate it if from now on the only replies to this thread were constructive suggestions. Not suggestions like, "You guys should have less planets. Less planets means less problems."

Thanks in advance.

Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-09 21:47   
Not asking for them to be nerfed, just asking for them to be toned down.

Do you folks on K'luth experience MI attacks? This will help me get a better picture of what goes on.

Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-09 22:11   
When I've been either on K'luth or ICC I've barely saw any MI attacks, except in Kauss. Sometimes in Tau since it's right next to it. But I'm pretty sure it goes with the

you have more planet = more attacks.

I know how you feel, but it's part of the game so just deal with it.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-10 00:04   
Quote:

On 2011-02-09 21:47, Pimpalicious Nerd {C?} wrote:
Not asking for them to be nerfed, just asking for them to be toned down.

Do you folks on K'luth experience MI attacks? This will help me get a better picture of what goes on.

I've seen MI toast Fargo Rock when it was under Kluth control. By the time it appeared on the scope, no one was ard Fargo, and I was in Eri. So I could only kill the Longhead after it glassed Fargo.

Have seen it once or twice in Eri. If there're other Kluth on, we intercept it. Otherwise I'll send AI after it as I go after it.

Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-10 10:17   
Quote:

On 2011-02-10 00:04, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

I've seen MI toast Fargo Rock when it was under Kluth control. By the time it appeared on the scope, no one was ard Fargo, and I was in Eri. So I could only kill the Longhead after it glassed Fargo.

Have seen it once or twice in Eri. If there're other Kluth on, we intercept it. Otherwise I'll send AI after it as I go after it.

My point exactly. You've only seen them once or twice in Epsilon Eri, and once in Tau at Fargo Rock when it was under K'luth control. What I've been saying is that its an almost on-the-quarter of an hour situation for UGTO. Maybe its a Luyten thing, maybe it isn't. But when Luyten had been taken over, I didn't see any MI on navigation in any other systems, as long as Luyten was not under UGTO control.

Perhaps someone who knows how the code is written can give us better insights into what's going on?

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-10 12:43   
Incidentally, the ICC got both shipyards glassed by longheads while defending fargo, so there you have it.

Email Sens [R33]
Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-10 13:59   
Don't say UGTO is the only one getting attacked by MI. I used to play ICC and I've seen some MI in Tau, mostly attacking the SY. Not sure for Epsilon cause I haven't been in Luth for long enought, but it doesn't only happen to you. Yeah i know It's BS when they destroy your SY but just rebuilt it or spawn from an other SY?

You have the most systems in MV so you should be okay and just rebuild.. like we all do.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-02-10 21:58   
i had the lovely experience of a MI ship glassing both shipyards in tau ceti, which was then invaded by kluth. having to spawn in a different server because of AI = stupid.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018003 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR