- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Regarding the MI's Recent Increase in Planet Attacks
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Regarding the MI's Recent Increase in Planet Attacks
Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-10 23:54   
Quote:

On 2011-02-10 21:40, Azure Prower wrote:
You act like only UGTO deals with MI.

I am well aware of the fact that UGTO is not the only faction that has to deal with MI attacks. What I've been saying is that from my experience, it seems like a majority of the time they head straight for Luyten.
Quote:

Some ICC said Argea usually got glassed by MI constantly for a while, then you come all MI ONLY GO TO TAU CETI ONCE!

What thread are you reading? Way to take things out of context. If you weren't so hell-bent on harassing me, you'd realize that the statement I made with regard to the MI going to Tau Ceti only once in the recent past was based on the feedback I requested of those who were reading the thread.

And with regard to what Sens reported, one can only think that it was done to make things seem more 'fair' or 'balanced'.
Quote:

Then you're demanding that this game mechanic should be nerfed at the start of this thread...

Not once did I ever demand that the MI Planet Attacks be nerfed. The only thing that I asked for was a reduction in either the number of ships spawned to attack planets or a decrease in the strength of the MI Death Beam.
Quote:

...before demanding the Devs to give you the secret code to how it all works?

Once again, I never, ever demanded anything. What I asked was if "someone who knows how the code is written can give us better insights into what's going on".
Quote:

Who do you think you are?

Who do I think I am? I'm someone voicing concern about a repeating occurance that may, in the end, cause people to dislike the game as a whole, all because of something that can be very easily adjusted. The strength of different things, such as weapons, or the interval at which they occur, such as AI spawns, are very fluid characteristics of a game. If the spawns are scripted, then its a matter of changing a few lines of code in the script, a change that would be immediate; if they are hard-coded (which I don't quite understand why they would be) its just a matter of changing a few lines of code to be published/released in the next update. The same goes for the strength of the Death Beam.

This thread has accomplished something positive, however. I have noticed fewer times where shipyard planets have been attacked, and instead other, less essential planets chosen as targets (an example being earlier today a Longhead attacked Happyland, a simple mining planet in Cincinatti, completely bypassing Little Purgatory).

EDIT: I noticed someone deleted all the controversial posts. I would hope they'd leave this one alone, though.
[ This Message was edited by: Pimpalicious Nerd {C?} on 2011-02-10 23:56 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-11 03:07   

Hmm. I'm never in favor of nerfing any faction. Player or AI. Nerfing is like a disease. Everyone is always a victim and their opponents/enemy are always OP. Once you start nerfing one thing, you'll find that something else has been offset, and you'll have to nerf that too. It goes on and on.

So, no pls, to nerfing the MI deathbeam. One shot glasses a planet. Any planet. Kluth, UGTO or ICC. Leave it alone.

As for frequency of attacks, or frequency of attacks on which faction, that perhaps can be tweaked.

Though srsly, I tend to look at it statistically. You have more planets, you have a higher chance of having one of your planets hit over the other factions. The more you own, the more your territory is likely to be attacked, and the more time and effort you will have to invest in its defence.

If you have player allies logged on, get on it and intercept that damned Longhead.
If you have players on, and none of you noticed it till the very last moment... too bad. Complacency/Fog-of-war kills.
If you have no players on at the moment, well, that just can't be helped can it?

Just another day in the MV, eh?

Can't wait for the next MI incursion. Swarming in from the Procyon gate in Kaus Borealis, then spreading out to Sag.

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-02-11 04:13   
Quote:

On 2011-02-10 23:54, Pimpalicious Nerd {C?} wrote: ... a repeating occurance that may, in the end, cause people to dislike the game as a whole, all because of something that can be very easily adjusted.

I have to agree here. Things that may lower the appeal of the game (especially if its easily adjustable) should be taken seriously.

[ This Message was edited by: *Alcedo* on 2011-02-11 04:16 ]

Email Alcedo
Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-11 06:42   
I think I have figured out why they attack ugto so much more often, and no its not because ugto has more planets.
If you are in tau ceti and you tell the ai to autopilot you to a planet in kaus, it will take you through luyten and cincinatti first, instead of simply going straight to kaus from tau ceti. The vice versa is true as well.

We can safely assume that the computer is always using auto pilot to get to destinations, so it would make sence that they go through cin and luyten, which is waht they do because i stalked them around. When they do actually go to tau ceti its because they went through cin and luyten.

What this means is that every time an mi wants to go glass a planet in tau ceti, they go through cin and luyten and almost always get distracted by either ugto ai or planets or interdictors. This seems to me like the actual root cause of the problem. Its not statistics or randomness, its faulty autopilot coding involving kaus.
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-11 07:36   
Quote:

On 2011-02-11 06:42, Cory_O wrote:
I think I have figured out why they attack ugto so much more often, and no its not because ugto has more planets.
If you are in tau ceti and you tell the ai to autopilot you to a planet in kaus, it will take you through luyten and cincinatti first, instead of simply going straight to kaus from tau ceti. The vice versa is true as well.

We can safely assume that the computer is always using auto pilot to get to destinations, so it would make sence that they go through cin and luyten, which is waht they do because i stalked them around. When they do actually go to tau ceti its because they went through cin and luyten.

What this means is that every time an mi wants to go glass a planet in tau ceti, they go through cin and luyten and almost always get distracted by either ugto ai or planets or interdictors. This seems to me like the actual root cause of the problem. Its not statistics or randomness, its faulty autopilot coding involving kaus.

Ultimately this just means when they target one faction, another gets caught in the swath, so the end result is the same. That being said, 'luth really aught be on that path...

Email Sens [R33]
Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-12 02:06   
Quote:

On 2011-02-11 07:36, Sens wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-11 06:42, Cory_O wrote:

Ultimately this just means when they target one faction, another gets caught in the swath, so the end result is the same. That being said, 'luth really aught be on that path...

I agree, kluth should be on that path. Put them on the path and lets see how big they talk then.
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-12 02:27   
Quote:

On 2011-02-11 07:36, Sens wrote:

Probably. Since the Kraddax are supposed to be the Kluth's ancient enemies.

Still they would have to go through either Tau or Luyten.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-02-12 04:19   
Pretty Sure 8/10 the MI come from the Kaus Gate in Tau,,,

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-12 05:51   
Quote:

On 2011-02-12 04:19, The Fridge wrote:
Pretty Sure 8/10 the MI come from the Kaus Gate in Tau,,,

That is irrelevant. It doesn't matter how many of the extremely few that make it to tau come through the gate. There are certain parts of kaus you can be in and it will take you straight to tau. But the vast majority of the time they come through cincinatti and luyten first.

Which means that although most of them you get come straight from kaus, you are still only seeing an extremely small fraction of the amount that are actually trying to get to tau.

Your argument is like living near a farm and seeing that most of the vegetables at your grocery store come from the farm, and assuming that all vegetables come from that farm. Almost all vegetables come from other farms you just dont see them because your grocery store uses the ones from the local farm.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-02-12 08:00   
Well, if that's true....

Then if the MI's code gets rewritten tau will be non-existent.

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-12 15:12   
Quote:

On 2011-02-12 08:00, The Fridge wrote:
Well, if that's true....

Then if the MI's code gets rewritten tau will be non-existent.

Its not mi's code its autopilots code. But i dont think you have much to worry about, doesnt seem the people in power are to concerned with it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.018260 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR