No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » read, mostly for kluth
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
 Author read, mostly for kluth
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-02-21 12:26   
there is a fact, that UGTO definetly holds way to much territory. we sometimes step out and take a system. but i never noticed ICC actualy do anything sigificant.
and mostly when i log in, i find most if our faction messing up the ICC.
now i really want to know why? why are we almost always invading the ICC? i expect some answers on this matter.

i assume that it because they are so much easier to take out, than UGTO. i think that is pathetic... (nothing personal uggies) UGTO has surperior armor and numbers, and yet two weaker factions go pick on eachother. WHYYYYYY??
im not suggesting the alliance, only that we stop attacking ICC so much and turn to other fronts and ICC should do the same. (im refering as "we" since im kluth, and i alone cant do much).

[ This Message was edited by: Ravendark on 2011-02-23 09:44 ]

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-02-21 12:37   
well as a ugto player i say your more than welcome to come after us ugto as most the time i do get bored with the small battles so a big battle would be welcome you know the battles that could go on constantly for 3 or 4 hours at least

Gerlach
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-21 12:49   
Easy answer: K'luth have significally higher chance to defeat ICC than to defeat UGTO.

\"I'M HEAVY METAL \\m/>_<\\m/ !!\"

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-02-21 13:16   
Quote:

On 2011-02-21 12:49, Gerlach wrote:
Easy answer: K'luth have significally higher chance to defeat ICC than to defeat UGTO.

refined answer. but on the raw fact level, its that ICC make easier kill. ok...

Grand Admiral SaturnShadow, i would. but being real, whats the point of the lone cruiser trying to attack ugto? i have to convince rest of kluth. i belive it would be more fun for everyone. and maybe players wouldnt abandon ICC so much. if that goes on, i doubt that anyone (but those loyal) would play iCC.

who cant grasp a logic in here, can please do ds a favor and go see a doctor. or go back to school, attend math regulary, get a cake or something

[ This Message was edited by: Ravendark on 2011-02-21 15:33 ]

Ven0m
Chief Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-02-21 15:29   
In a nutshell, i agree

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-21 16:17   
I tried very hard to turn the mind of that faction. I tried for 4 months or so. Since the map changed actually. Slowly but surely, all Kluth started doing was invading Tau.
They eat Tau.
They sleep Tau.
If Tau was not there, they wouldn't be able to wake up in the morning.
Why, you ask?

There is a secret there.

A pretty little gate.

The Luyten gate.

Yeah, K'Luth have one too, but Shhhhhhh!!!! Don't tell them that. They may actually find something else to do.

As for ICC, well, we spend 95% of our time either retaking or defending Fargo. OH FN boy! There's a reason to log in.

I beg you F, seriously, sincerely from the wretched bottom of the heart I was born with. Reconfigure the map.

1. ICC and UGTO should be somewhat close to each other.
2. K'Luth should be slightly more isolated, maybe a single buffer system between them and "human" space.
3. WTH are the Mi doing on the wrong side of the map? They should be harrassing K'Luth not invading Tau every 10 mins.

The game is a stagnant pond because of its layout. Only Devs can change that. Players have tried, failed, and some have given up and left.

ITS BORING IN THERE NOW>

Get it?

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-02-21 16:18   
fair enough maybe we should some time have a big battle royal with crusiers and have the supplys at hand out of combat (or in combat and have them an out of bound ship to attack so you can only attack crusiers ahhh i must edmit when we had a crusier royal it was really fun just combat crusier no dictor man that was fun (sorry if my spelling is bad kinda tired when i posted this)

xTx
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-21 16:51   
its not surprising that a player who picks the easiest faction to play would also look for the easiest enemy to fight, its part of their way of thinking.

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-21 17:18   
Doesn't really make a difference to me its just that other people have already moved to tau and found ICC where as UGTO is not displayed anywhere on my navi map so i just go with the flow and go kill some ICC. If UGTO come looking for a fight I would be happy to oblige.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
AP0LLYON
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-21 17:18   
Our fleet is switching to ICC today, trying to help balance out the factions.

Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-21 19:12   
K'luth never attack Ugto? Id say you wrong. It's just most of the time, there's too many Uggies compared to ICC. But we do attack them sometimes.

I remember a week or so ago, we took R33 (Yeah like its a big deal) But then we went for Cinc, since we saw uggies were agains ICC in luyt. We took a cluster and destroyed one of the SY in Cinc. After that, I had to go. But i think the real problem is there's no real limitation.

I mean, in scenario there's a "balance player" setting. Why not implanting that here too? But some people would probably go: But all my ships are uggies or K'luth or icc. I'd say: Deal with it. Or they can change it to put 4-5 Max ships, but per faction. That way you would still have your enh on your ship but you could have other ships from other factions.

But really you think changing the map will do anything? I reall doub't. Even if you make K'luth on one side, UGTO middle and ICC on the other, i doub't it would change anything. But Maybe making other servers nearer luyten could be a +. I mean: Rogen's Rift and Ursa Minor are both the "noob" server, but both of them are located on the UGTO side. I mean yes we can spawn in thoses servers with some small ship, but if you want to bomb the planets then to cap it, I doub't you can have the ships you want.

Would be good if both thoses servers (Even if we don't use them) could be connected somehow to luyten so noobs could go there. But it's only an idea.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-21 19:38   

I can think of 2 reasons right off the bat.

1. Geographical layout.
-----------------------------
If you put the ICC's home system right next to the K'luth's homesystem, that's where we are going to go to.

Why? The ICC will most likely spawn from that system, and they represent a greater direct threat than the Uggies. Every time we attack Luyten or R33, we know that the Uggies will likely come from Cincinnati, which is out of direct reach of Eridani. We can draw the battlelines there in R33 or Luyt.

But the ICC is still one hop from our home system.

The UGTO is less of a direct threat unless we're mostly logged, or they have an overwhelming number of stations. If they attack Eri on equal terms, they're already overextending themselves logistically. We can simply cut off their supply lines by nuking Luyt SYs or depots, and killing their suppies, then send them packing.

2. ICC attacking when the Kluth is logged, or taking other systems.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So the cycle goes like this: Kluth attacks Luyten. ICC takes Eridani behind the lobsters' backs. Kluth halts attack, retakes Eridani. Goes to Tau for blood.

Rinse and repeat until the point where the Lobsters go "Screw Luyten, let's just remove ICC from the equation", and takes Tau first, as a preemptive measure.

Personally, I'd rather take on UGTO, because with ICC, I can't use my Scarab. I have to jump into a Siphon or Krill just 'cos they'll pulse my mines.

But then again, if most of my faction is kicking ICC in the teeth, why should I solo the Uggies?

So yeah, like Az said.... put a buffer between Kluth and ICC and the problem is solved.

Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-21 21:16   
I remember when ICC held luyten, I mean really held it for like 2 months. Now when I log on its or the few fleets that I have lead into luyten take over half the syatem or even take the hole thing, but next day when I log in. Its (Help Fargo's under attack and we need all Dreads there now!!) I have lead groups in to eri but the samething happens. The few times like to day when we had a alliance people were freacking out that we would get killed by Kluth after we whopped Ugto's butts. So I had my self and like 5 Dreads and a Station attacking Luyten with a Kluth Dread beside me the hole time. In the Fic that revoles around the game, youd thgink the UGTO & ICC WOULD TEAM UP AS HUMANS and ATTACK the KLUTH. But no. It's Admiral Chance Wilson and his fleet of misfits. To the guys and girls that help I thank you. But then its a few guys that form a 2 hour alliance to take Ugto space. So we have a stale mate. (If you cant beat them join them) works for the UGTO, But what about those ICC and Kluth officers. The few people that are ICC spend most of there time defending and the few the go on the attack die and die and die and then they leave. Ive looked at profiles that are Admiral's or Fleets Admiral's that have stoped playing as of 2008 or 2007. So you see the prblem here right

ALLIANCE
For those that do want to better the MV, we should all form a allaince and eather take out a few key UGTO, or KLUTH systems. (From ICC point of veiw.) Then few duke it out from there. ICC & UGTO, ICC & KLUTH, UGTO &KLUTH. Terms would have to be made of coarse but THEY COULD BE MADE. I know that that each faction has a Diplomatic officer, well Diplomats time to wake up.

FARGO ROCK
People we has been fighys over this spit of land for 5 months. Come on. >:0.

Command Chain
Ive noticed that there is no command chain. The few high ranking people on at a time dont want command or theres a low ranking player that does. I saw a midshipman lead Combat Dreads in to MI space. They all died but still. Im an Admiral and Ive lead some wounderful fleets, but theres people that could do the same. It more of a se v thing here

In Closeing
People, we need to form alliances, battle it out some were else, and have some player balance.

-Admiral Chance Wilson

Email Admiral C. Wilson
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-21 21:33   
you wonder why ICC takes eri behind your backs, remeber when you said Kluth goes back in tau for blood? ICC does the same when they retake it and goes to Eri for blood. lol

but its not just Kluths fault, ICC can't math the UGTO player numbers and mass of station, so they hardly gonna attack them in the first place (eveyrone knows Uggies just gonna station spam) Kluth can since they can cloak and all

I also agree that the map is just plain stupid, Kluth on one side of tau, MI on the other just wasting every planets

If we go in luyten from Tau we get stuck with the perm pirate planet wich theres always a Nautilus nearby. So it makes hard for a Small group of ICC to take a Planet, You got Uggi STN spammage thats gonna come if ICC is more then 4 ships, if not, the 4 ship or less gonna get owned by the pirates and planet defences

Not helping the fact the so call ICC long range advantage happens to be its Fatal flaw or in the case of assault ships, Just useless
Face it? what will people do when they see an ICC MD CD or even MC, Uggie point jump it, Kluth cloaks til they get close. (thats for another topic )

19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-21 22:10   
Its all because of the ratio of players in each faction. The small factions fight against eachother because they dont have much of a chance against ugto *by them selves*.

As for the little tangent about icc sucking because they own range. FYI icc also own manueverability, if they point jump you then get away from them and rain fire on them. The reason icc fails whenever kluth or ugto get close is because you try to form tight packs like ugto and kluth do, this is poor tactics for a ranged faction. Since you have no fall off on ANY (besides beams obviously) of your weapons you should stay spread out. There is no reason not to and it will reduce confusion if someone gets point jumped. I play ugto so i know what icc can do to beat us and what they can do to get slaughtered.

I highly suspect that when the new ships are released the face of the battle field and the distribution of players will change dramatically.
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023605 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR