No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » re the hot fix for the docking freeze... maybe
 Author re the hot fix for the docking freeze... maybe
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-28 06:14   
don't know for sure, but ever since the hotfix came out for the docking freeze, seems like a old problem has re searfaced... like you pull a ship out of the sy and suddenly your jumpng right back to last you was... and low and behold, they still there and you all ready beat up and the kill your white black and blue arse agasin. don't mind dieing, but this is annoying, fix please.....

or am I just losing my mind, did I tell thank ship to jump before I came out of the sy and to jump back last place I was, or have I been drinking agsain. (please excuse the beating my white bruised butt up) but I realy am tired of getting a ship that has just been blown to bits beat , or should I say beat, smashed, ect with out reping, like at the planet I wished to goto out of the sy, except my stupid ship jumps back in to combat, and by the way I have to dae tossed 7 cont them 7 helsman out the airlock for the are all suicidlal. or insane or both....

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-02-28 06:32   
I get the same problem. Usually I see the jump alignment indicator in time to stop the jump, but today my EAD started a jump as soon as it emerged from the shipyard, without me pressing anything.

Email Alcedo
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-02-28 06:39   
same here. i usualy get a 15second graphical lag, to by the time it syncs im sometimes already flying to random locations. not always but pretty much most of the time.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-28 16:17   
Quote:

On 2011-02-28 06:32, *Alcedo* wrote:
I get the same problem. Usually I see the jump alignment indicator in time to stop the jump, but today my EAD started a jump as soon as it emerged from the shipyard, without me pressing anything.

try not logging out while your ship is set to follow a set of cords.

Email Borgie
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-28 16:21   
Quote:

On 2011-02-28 16:17, Borgie wrote:
Quote:

read the post please, fact is if you heading somewhere and you are destroied, you take said ship out to reair it it screwes off to where it was and with video lag, boom you dead again.
this really did not happen before the docking fix....

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-28 16:33   
same..

Email *Flash*
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-02-28 18:37   
I had this happen too, I docked at a planet I was orbiting then launched from a different planet and saw the jump alignment as soon as I loaded. I didn't think much of it since it only happened once, but I'll hop into beta and see if I can reproduce it reliably.

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-03-01 00:58   
Quote:

On 2011-02-28 16:17, Borgie wrote:
Quote:

What if you get disconnected? Regardless of what's the reason, its annoying and it would be nice if it could be fixed.

Email Alcedo
Ruuu
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-02 01:16   
only just started pff the ship autopilot doing what you last said for it to do has ben going on for ages for me so its allways select planet>orbit>follow sy>come back out and the ship wants to crash into the planet big boom=player very annoyed

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-03-02 15:05   
Haven't had this happen at all in beta, so it seems like it's already fixed in the next version update.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-03-02 17:58   
Mmm, this looks like it occurs when you disconnect or your ship is otherwise removed from the game world whilst the autopilot is active; when it reappears, it's still on autopilot. Normally this isn't a problem if you docked at a planet, because the orbit command cancels itself when you achieve orbit, and naturally that's where you usually want to be when using a shipyard.

So until a fix appears in release (which it apparently might be; I've not tested it), the solution is to ensure that you're not on autopilot when you dock or log off. Unless you're unwillingly disconnected, in which case you can either try to log in within 2 minutes when your ship is still in the game world, or you can try and remember that that ship will try to jump off to parts unknown, as well as wait patiently for a fix.

Page created in 0.016102 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR