No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » eccm nerf
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author eccm nerf
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-01 17:50   
your advice on scouts would be great, except that scouts have the same 400 gu range, and that is easily within rupter range. Ive run scout several times since change, and I have found it to be utterly useless. You cant pick up a ship on ping in time to save your life, due to lag issues if notjhing else. Its a fairly normal affair to ping somebody, see them, hit ejump because they are decloaking, and I get a message that am dead before I even see them firing.

So, your "not seeing a problem there" is because you are there in a cloaked ship, and not here, in a scout.

And I am very skilled at scouting and pinging. I LIKE running scouts, so for me the eccm nerf was a double fu...er screwing. I cant find a reason to bother with them anymore, even with one modded up with blues. simply there is no point to it.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-01 21:34   
My biggest problem with it is you're now in death splash range more often. Scouts are insta-popped up close to a dying dread. Used to be you could hang back at 500gu and ping for the ADs. Now you're margin of error is ~100gus.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-01 23:19   

What's the effective range of beacons anyway?

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-02 00:21   
umg guys why we qq over this anyway it was a glitch to start with. granted it finially gave you guys a way to deal with luth sneak attacks better but still.. i really dont mind the eccm make it more challenge but um seeing as we have like paper thin armor i think 400gu is nice cause the min we are seen we get shot and lose atleast 1/4 of health before we can either jump or cloak again.

Gerlach
Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-02 01:21   
Quote:

On 2011-03-01 23:19, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Roughly 200 gu, they are slow and prone to miss past that range.

\"I'M HEAVY METAL \\m/>_<\\m/ !!\"

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-02 01:23   
Quote:

On 2011-03-02 01:21, Gerlach wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-01 23:19, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Roughly 200 gu, they are slow and prone to miss past that range.

So in the end, scouts still need to get in close to beam/splash range in order to tag the target.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-02 01:25   
Quote:

On 2011-03-01 17:50, Azreal wrote:
your advice on scouts would be great, except that scouts have the same 400 gu range, and that is easily within rupter range. Ive run scout several times since change, and I have found it to be utterly useless. You cant pick up a ship on ping in time to save your life, due to lag issues if notjhing else. Its a fairly normal affair to ping somebody, see them, hit ejump because they are decloaking, and I get a message that am dead before I even see them firing.

So, your "not seeing a problem there" is because you are there in a cloaked ship, and not here, in a scout.

And I am very skilled at scouting and pinging. I LIKE running scouts, so for me the eccm nerf was a double fu...er screwing. I cant find a reason to bother with them anymore, even with one modded up with blues. simply there is no point to it.

Not our problem you didn't have the right back up. For when done right, decloaking for K'luth can be a death sentence.

Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-02 14:45   
Perhaps we should go luth and fly krills (my old fav) and gangs (still hate), never have too be in eccm range ever again, imho eccm should be extended too 700 too 800ish gu's at least too cover there core ranges.

Although the old ecm vs eccm push cloak would probably be even better, tehee .

But ya extend the range and extend ew timers a bit.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-03-02 14:49   
Quote:

On 2011-03-02 01:25, Nightmare Reaper wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-01 17:50, Azreal wrote:

Not our problem you didn't have the right back up. For when done right, decloaking for K'luth can be a death sentence.

Azreal is x-luth.. im sure he knows wth he is talking about. And ive experienced his scouting first hand.. he darn sure knows what he is doing.

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*KoZ* on 2011-03-02 14:50 ]

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-02 15:48   
you know this is funny coming from the same guys that said eccm was to op when they where luth now yall think they suck lol just get over it people it done and over with

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-02 15:59   
Quote:

On 2011-03-02 14:49, Defiance*KoZ* wrote:
Azreal is x-luth..

Indeed he is.

Quote:

On 2011-03-02 14:49, Defiance*KoZ* wrote:
he darn sure knows what he is doing.

Apparently not.

Just because he's ex-luth and played a while. Doesn't mean he's right.

With the correct back up. Scouts are deadly against K'luth. It's not a question of whether you know how to use a scout, but a question of whether your team knows how to back you up once you're spamming ping and beacon.

[ This Message was edited by: Nightmare Reaper on 2011-03-02 16:00 ]

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-02 16:17   
ok here the thing with scouts guys. me and 3 other luth this morner where killing uggies around a depo planet. well one of them pull a scount now get this we all had our ecm off and he had his eccm going and we could not see him. all we could see was this little trail with a circling pinging out ever few seconds. so yes scout are one shot kills you have to be able to lock onto them before you can kill them.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-02 18:05   
Quote:

On 2011-03-02 16:17, Nova Team wrote:
ok here the thing with scouts guys. me and 3 other luth this morner where killing uggies around a depo planet. well one of them pull a scount now get this we all had our ecm off and he had his eccm going and we could not see him. all we could see was this little trail with a circling pinging out ever few seconds. so yes scout are one shot kills you have to be able to lock onto them before you can kill them.

with ecm, you are either visible or not. It doesnt effect things outside its range, but within its range it can cover a ship's signature if the ecm is low enough.
The only thing I have complained of on eccm in the last two years was that there was too many eccm slots on BIGGER ships, making scouts uneeded. That was my issue. I am a huge fan of scouts. Maybe only LAG flies them as much for fun anymore.

Quote:

With the correct back up. Scouts are deadly against K'luth. It's not a question of whether you know how to use a scout, but a question of whether your team knows how to back you up once you're spamming ping and beacon.

You are just wrong. That WAS how it was, it isnt that way anymore. and no cover helps you with lag and a one alpha kill b4 you even see a shot fired. Sorry, u are just w r o n g.

To specify: I am sayin' that there is no amount of teamwork now that makes scout viable for luth hunting.

Wait. I know they can get a beacon on, but that was never and still isnt really doable while they are uncloaked. Well, every village has an idiot, but its seldom.

They can have a group, sure, but the scout now has to be even MORE out front than before, which simply makes it even more vulnerable. This nullifies a crapload of the capabilities of the scout.

You fly scout for eccm and beacons. There isnt another reason to fly THOSE scouts.

And the beacons?

The beacons are not a sufficient tool the way they work atm. They are too slow, I already have my range nerfed, and the eccm pings far too dicey.

If I have to be insta death away from a ship to find it, I may as well use my station or ad. Screw the scout. So there is no reason to fly scouts anymore.
and that was my original point.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2011-03-02 22:14 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.020959 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR