- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Darkspace olimpics
 Author Darkspace olimpics
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-03-02 16:51   
earlier we came up with the idead of a scout day...wich in the end evolved into a darkspace paraolimpics.
here's the concept:
we would gather from ALL factions, peacfully ofcourse for the time being. build up some tracks and stuff. and play some games. simple

now about the games

- 1. scout racing. but we would need a little tweak in the system... mines would be the border of the track... but since they dont just hang along so long...or so i've heard, that time limist should be removed for the time of the games. and alongside of track would be ships, mixed from every faction and would ofcourse fire at racers, but only with torpedo weapons or projectile weapons. i would prefer torpedoes. however... there could also be a pitstop area. where we could have engies ready to flyby repair scouts so they wont need to do a complete stop. there could also be a limit of enhancment used on scouts.

- 2. station racing. that makes the olimpic more paraplegic style. but thats just to silly to be a real compettition but would be fun anyway. or a station demolition derby or something. didnt think this one out very good yet.

- 3. planet jumping. yeah...didnt thinkthis one out too but i heard it would be like jumping into the planets, that mean without dying ofcourse.

- 4. platform drag races. speaks for itself. but no extractors!

we could also have duels, other types of races, anything. so what do you think? im still opened to any ideas about anything new or anything regarding the games listed above.

bread and games!

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-02 23:30   
Quote:

On 2011-03-02 16:51, Ravendark wrote:
- 1. scout racing. but we would need a little tweak in the system... mines would be the border of the track... but since they dont just hang along so long...or so i've heard, that time limist should be removed for the time of the games. and alongside of track would be ships, mixed from every faction and would ofcourse fire at racers, but only with torpedo weapons or projectile weapons. i would prefer torpedoes. however... there could also be a pitstop area. where we could have engies ready to flyby repair scouts so they wont need to do a complete stop. there could also be a limit of enhancment used on scouts.

This sounds like a barrel of laughs.

Scout DeathRace 2011.

Imagine Luyt. Scouts start from Zeeladia, race to Izhack, then the Mycopia Cluster, around to Zoca cluster. Then between the two suns back to Izhack, and finish at Zeeladia again.

No JDs. Just all out speed. The fastest way between the waypoints would be in a straight line.

But we could always place dreads and cruisers along the direct path, ready and waiting with missiles, core weaps, and cannons (No beams.... too easy) waiting to kill them.

Let's see who's the last man standing

Also, we can allow the scouts to shoot at each other at certain points in the race, just to spice things up further.

Should be a laff riot.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-03-03 04:26   
track shouldnt be straight. so top speed would be only possible at certain areas. and we should have few people record the races on fraps or something. then put it together like a real race

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-03-03 10:27   
It should also be limited to stock Scouts with no enh, otherwise people like me with max speed/turn rate modded Scouts would have a very big advantage.

And no cloaking.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-03 11:00   
Station racing? How cool! )
Perhaps we'll do this contest in Beta so you can equip your ship with whatever you think the best.

I have some more contests:
- Planet capture. Each contestant starts from a planet to capture another planet.

- Hunting interdictor. Each contestant stays in a frigate and try to kill an interdictor.

- Collecting pod. There are many enhancements and resource floating in a area. The more contestant collects, the better.

- Capturing race. 3 playersin 3 factions must work to capture a group of MI.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-03 12:28   
Quote:

On 2011-03-03 04:26, Ravendark wrote:
track shouldnt be straight. so top speed would be only possible at certain areas. and we should have few people record the races on fraps or something. then put it together like a real race

It's hard to build a track in space. Mines will bog the server down.

Make it like an Ocean race. The scouts will have to circle a major planet before heading to the next planet.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-03 12:40   
Lobby camping needs to be an OLYMPIC sport

Olimpic. seriously guys.

[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob on 2011-03-04 13:35 ]

*Sovereign*
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-03-03 14:12   
this is strange...i came up with the idea of a scout day along with the forum poster (cant remember his name) and i was thinking to just have a day wher everyone stays out of the stations,dreads,cruisers,etc. and just have a big scout war i think the whole idea of DS "paraolympics" sounds way too complicated i just thought it would be fun if we gave the station spamminga break for a day(witch i am very guilty of ) so its up to the rest of u to decide what u want to do

Email *Sovereign*
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-03-04 10:10   
there can be a scout day. why not? its just why not scout race? while at it

*Sovereign*
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-03-04 11:50   
i didnt say we shouldnt have scout races if u all want scout races submit the event and give it a whirl

Email *Sovereign*
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-03-04 12:28   
but we have to clear up some problems firt. all scouts are not the sam speed, or are they? then the track. cant run straight, its lame. something that would require good turn, decelartiond and stufff. so, im waiting for any ideas how to make it work. and after all we can have freeforall shout massacre.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-05 00:36   
Quote:

On 2011-03-03 12:40, Fattierob wrote:
Lobby camping needs to be an OLYMPIC sport

Olimpic. seriously guys.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-03-05 00:37 ]

Paralympic suggestion:

We could also try racing stations from Luyten to Tau Ceti, via interstellar space. No JD, WH or gates. Pure speed!

Organizers would first need to collect info from the participants, like name, address, and the nearest ER equipped hospital... seeing as some station driver will likely do a Korean LAN Party Face/keyboard foam-at-the-mouth thing during this exciting event.

Come to think of it, this could also be considered an Olimpic event.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-03-05 01:50   
Far as I know Psi drive has the same speed as IE, so stock scouts should all have the same top speed.

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-06 08:34   
Quote:

On 2011-03-03 10:27, Talien wrote:
It should also be limited to stock Scouts with no enh, otherwise people like me with max speed/turn rate modded Scouts would have a very big advantage.

And no cloaking.

ORRR, we have it in the beta servers in which case everyone can be super enhanced just gotta choose what ya need mnv/speed depending on course.

We are the Falix Brothers...

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-03-07 00:05   
ohlimbpick

Page created in 0.028099 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR