No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » UGTO Armour
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author UGTO Armour
woodburner
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-04 15:16   
Come on guys why cant you get the balance right I am in a fully weapons plex Krill and a complete alpha of SIs only does 2% armour damgage to a BD ok he has armour plexers but 2% with a full strike its a joke the game is so unbalnced its no fun to play

I am sure its not that easy to balance every thing up but please get this sorted out quick its ruining the fun out of the game

It seems that every patch needs a patch to sort out the mess from the last one

here is an idea why dont we just all have the same armour % and be done with it no sheilds for ICC no cloak for Kluth

Might make the game more playable or at least more balanced

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-04 15:28   
Quote:

On 2011-03-04 15:16, woodburner wrote:
here is an idea why dont we just all have the same armour % and be done with it no sheilds for ICC no cloak for Kluth

Instead of different looking ships, let's have them look the same, only with different colours for each team.

Let's make it so you also have to roll a dice to decide who fires first. Just to make it fair you know.

/sarcasm

Variety is the spice of life. The enemy has some thing you don't?

*Sovereign*
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-03-04 15:35   
i relly hope UGTO armor doesnt get nurfed we have no special abilities we cant cloak and we have no sheilds if UGTO armor gets nurfed then we should get a special ability thats sounds fair to me

Email *Sovereign*
Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-03-04 16:12   
I agree with Sovereign. Our armor is about the only special ability we have. Our ships are less maneuverable, our jumpdrives take much longer to recharge and our EAD cannot ping (like the AD). Our armor is what makes UGTO playable.

Email Alcedo
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-03-04 16:50   
Well, that and the amusing amount of close-range firepower.

I am utterly flummoxed on how you could possibly do a mere 2% damage, however, since in my experience a krill will generally make big holes in most ships in a handful of shots. I can only assume that you either somehow missed or the game rolled REALLY low on the random damage, since SI's have both the best and worst potential damage.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-03-04 17:08   
You just got a bad roll on the RNG for damage, I've seen Scouts survive a full Krill SI strike before so it definitely can do crappy damage, but I think having unlimited ammo makes up for it yes?

UGTO have the same JD as ICC and they take the same amount of time to recharge for each ship class, it's Kluth that recharge faster than both. But yes, UGTO need the armor, it's just the repair rates that are ridiculous when you can stack an infinite number of drones on one ship.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-03-04 17:24   
Ugto are fine.

Never played them much but isnt it the special ability of UGTO to choose between ablative and other armor, why qq ? Look how nice "Totenkopf" was flying his Krill

ADs often fail too against UGTO def power and anti beam armor.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-04 18:04   
you know something if you guys keep qqing.

you may manage to get rid of some ugto players.

what are you turning into the icc.

HARDEN UP.

Spicker
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-04 18:39   
Quote:

Come on guys why cant you get the balance right I am in a fully weapons plex Krill and a complete alpha of SIs only does 2% armour damgage to a BD ok he has armour plexers but 2% with a full strike its a joke the game is so unbalnced its no fun to play

I am sure its not that easy to balance every thing up but please get this sorted out quick its ruining the fun out of the game

i hope my krill will get one new special ability ---> "Kill all ugto with my Psi Cannon" . tnx.

*Neon*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-04 18:58   
Quote:

No way
You must be lagged bad or tripping
An alpha from a krill stings real bad and if he has backup and you're jd is chargin then you're in real trouble

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-03-04 21:17   
the problem I see is that UGTO armor repairs just as fast as all other armors and its much stronger....

I feel ugto armor should repair a little slower than the others since it is so much stronger...

example of problem......

a ugto station can be at 50 hull and 0 armor and jump to a depot planet....
then there could be 3 of any other factions stations following the said ugto station to that planet and the ugto station will just rotate and heal the armor faster than it can be damaged even outnumbered..

why cant depots recharge shields as well to make that balance...

An ICC or Kluth station could not do the same as the ugto station above.

so why the advantage?

Maybe to balance the game:

The kluth should get instant cloak back with no timer

The ICC should get thier shields buffed back to that 25% from last year

Then The UGTO can keep that armor.

[ This Message was edited by: ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) on 2011-03-04 21:18 ]

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-05 00:25   

UGTO armor is not the problem. That's their characteristic. Strong armor. Leave it be.

Rep rates are the problem. And this applies not only to UGTO but to Kluth as well, although Uggies benefit more because of their strong armor in the first place.

On a massive depot planet, 2 or 3 shrooms would be unstoppable. This could apply to Kluth too.

Case in point: 2 days ago, I was repping at Michelle... 21 depots, and got jumped by 2 shrooms. All I had to do was sit there and alpha one station to death. Then together with the rest of the team, we killed the second shroom.

It works both ways, less for ICC perhaps because of shielding. But an ICC primary target could also sit at a depot planet in Def mode and tank it, while his teammates kill the attacker.

Rep drones and Depots are there to help, but were they meant to skew the game balance?

1 of 2 things need to be done.

- Reduce the rep rate per drone drastically. But this could render supps useless (though they would gain more pres repping a ship completely due to the time taken)

- Limit the number of rep drones, including your own if any, that can work on a ship. Say 3 or 4 per ship.

It's simply ridiculous when 2 shrooms can sit there and alpha me while 21 drones rep me, and I see my armor going up. Similarly, an entire Kluth fleet could be alpha'ing a shroom and he tanks it and wipes them all out.

Rep rates are broken.

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-05 01:16   
The main problem with this game is the enhancements they give one faction a huge advantage over the other,
kluth = adv beam enhancements
ugto = adv defense enhancements, and the
icc = adv weapon enhancements

i suggest revamping the item shop to not allow ships in increase stock defense fire power but to add flavor to the game new weapons, fighters missles and such, ammo for core weapons (lol) the way it is now you can't balance the game due to the fact that enhancements modify stock ships in a way they will give them an advantage that borders on cheating.

i would rather see a chart of teh numerical value of weapons and defenses so we can calculate what does what and is it effective to do so. cause right now a UGTO station with 8 adv - defense enhancements can take alot of damage while any other station with similar enhancements can get beat by a stock ship.

Email µOmniVore
Kaepora
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-05 02:31   
Quote:

On 2011-03-05 01:16, *OmniVore* wrote:
The main problem with this game is the enhancements they give one faction a huge advantage over the other,
kluth = adv beam enhancements
ugto = adv defense enhancements, and the
icc = adv weapon enhancements

i suggest revamping the item shop to not allow ships in increase stock defense fire power but to add flavor to the game new weapons, fighters missles and such, ammo for core weapons (lol) the way it is now you can't balance the game due to the fact that enhancements modify stock ships in a way they will give them an advantage that borders on cheating.

i would rather see a chart of teh numerical value of weapons and defenses so we can calculate what does what and is it effective to do so. cause right now a UGTO station with 8 adv - defense enhancements can take alot of damage while any other station with similar enhancements can get beat by a stock ship.

I'd say Ugto benefits most from beam multis, ICC benefits most from def upgrades (4 shields all rotatable on a single arc, plus it regens at a higher rate than armor, regardless of def mode or not), and K'luth do well with a mix, depending on thier ship (krill with weapons, siphon with beam) .

And as for actual damage values: the devs have said before they'd release it "after the game was 100% balanced". Which is to say "never" .

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-05 02:58   
my 2cents

i dont think a full krill si-shot would barely scratch a ugto ship
my siphon with 8 plexer runs through other ships like butter and usually i hulled (<80%) them in my first straight "fly-by"
even ships with full of defence enhancers get seriosly damaged

rep-rates:
why dont we just limit the max regen-rate ?
eg max 5% of max armor per second
or max 5% of armor lost per sec. <- the more armor you have lost, the faster your armor get repaired

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023147 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR