Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » issues with the new planet capture system
 Author issues with the new planet capture system
µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-06 23:45   
What can i say this was one idea that sounded better on paper.

planets change hands way too fast, they can't stop ai transports from dropping inf which then spam those distress messages.

i like the new damage system but the way planets are captured now is just silly.

I know the old was was bugged too but why not just give planets 2 sets of hit points

1 for orbital bombardment and
1 for infantry.

this new system would work like a boss in other mmo's, ships shoot at the planet with bombers doing increased damage.

give large planets like 500k-1mil hp, medium planets 250k-500k, and small planets 100k-250k hp that way planets can't be caped so fast

planet regain hp with engineering ships

as for the AOE damage that we have now i would like it if those transport ships get shot at too increase their hp's so they aren't killed instantly (picture drop ships launching from a command ship and getting hit by flak)

also you guys can reduce the number of defense structures to just 2

1. anti starship- has a range of 1500gu only need 5 to seriously damage a ship to run it away more than 5 is for overkill

2. anti dropship- has a range of 500gu causes AOE damage to Dropships only 3 are needed to provide coverage against landing infantry

also- after ships bombard the planets infantry fights to control the planet.

i know this idea is silly but the current system and the old system just did not work.

also i suggest increasing interdictor range to 1500gu so planets can start shooting ships soon as they get in range.

another suggestion redo some of the planet clusters. (farstay is weird cause a ringed planet can not be in orbit of a larger planet due to the fact the objects orbiting the smaller planet would be pull harder by the larger object)

also i would like an option to select the type of planet you want to build like

Shipyard- where ships are launched/also can only retrofit ships only at a shipyard, gets 2 free defense bases and a requirement free interdictor base(cause its important).

Depot/repair- repairs ships gets a colony hub that can repair ships by default.

Fort/Mining- these planets have increased fire power and range to provide extra fire power to a planet cluster/provides a bonus to mining and has an extra point of refining as to provide resources faster.

please consider this as it is a shame planets change hands so much now it makes the game not fun. even if you guys are going to keep the current setup please make it so even after the control is at zero then the game defaults to teh old setup where inf is needed to finish capping a planet but make it very hard like can only drop inf from 250/350 gu from center of planet or give all factions planet shields and the ships must be bombed before you can land infantry.

thanks for reading i hope you actually read this and not just bash it. if this doesn't fit your standards please make a topic suggesting something better than the mistake they made this time.

Email µOmniVore
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-03-07 07:03   
yeah. i agree. capping is.... emm... planets are.... emm... easy come easy go

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-03-07 08:26   

Beside finishing infantry off, bombing became obsolete.
That is the only thing that realy bothers me here, because it just simplified the game.

No more Teamwork-who-is-going-to-bomb-the-power-down?
Instead just siege and go.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-03-07 09:02   
Before it was far too easy to disable a planet, even if it was harder to capture, and in the end the defenders or capturee's were left with a useless planet. Not to mention planetary defences were the largest cause of CPU usage on the server - it had to be changed, whether you like it or not.

The system is no-where near finished, and due to the time constraints of members of the dev team, continued work on it is slow. We work on this game in our free time, and do not get paid, meaning we cannot afford to work on it full time (whether you want it or not).

You can read the message to the playerbase from the developers here.

Page created in 0.013066 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR