No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Hello!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Hello!
Shodex
Commander

Posted: 2011-03-12 17:55   
The name's, Shodex. I'm a veteran space sim player, though I'm only 15. I've played everything from Elite to Freelancer to X3. I tried EVE, and it really wasn't for me. Too slow, no real feeling of "commanding" my ship.

I've heard this is a much more action oriented game thats comparable to EVE, but still very different. Better yet, it's free. So I decided to give it a shot.

I'm downloading now and just thought I'd say hello.

- Shodex

Red Wolf
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-12 18:26   
Hey Welcome to the Darkspace Community ^^ My names RedxWolf and ive tried everyhting space from x3-Eve-other stuff lol never have played Freelancer though i think youll enjoy darkspace and if you have any questions feel free to ask away ^^ also if you see me in game and your on teh other team be very very afraid...

Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-12 18:27   
well welcome to Darkspace...

For starters yes its much more action oriented however its got a small cult like community so says wiki

its really fun in my eyes the best space sim around just becase i love the people around here. Example no one really likes them but the staff is un payed work only for there love of DS and some for the free beer at jacks house.

Now DS is some what complocated to learn at first like all games but once you get the hang of it there aint much stoping you from advanceing into one of the many ships from corvettes to Stations- big shroom looking objects.. the Best Faction to start out with = UGTO its the overall easiest to play ICC coming in secound and Kluth for the old guys who know how not to get killed.

But thats just the basics about DS and its aw hell idk but anyway welcome to the community...

Red Wolf
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-12 18:32   
Hey Shodex if you want ill fly you around in game and show you the basics ^^

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-12 18:36   
welcome then.

x3 fan hey

got the superbox version wicked sick as .

(kamikizi james for the win)

Quote:

On 2011-03-12 18:26, Red Wolf wrote:
Hey Welcome to the Darkspace Community ^^ My names RedxWolf and ive tried everyhting space from x3-Eve-other stuff lol never have played Freelancer though i think youll enjoy darkspace and if you have any questions feel free to ask away ^^ also if you see me in game and your on teh other team be very very afraid...

i am never afraid of him i had to flex my battlestation mucle
[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2011-03-12 18:39 ]

Red Wolf
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-12 18:52   
I remember seeing your Battle station run of my Suppy station xD

Shodex
Commander

Posted: 2011-03-12 18:58   
I just might take you up on that offer Redwolf.

Red Wolf
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-12 19:12   
lol ok! just tellme when ^^

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-03-12 20:42   
Welcome to DarkSpace. Hope you enjoy your stay. There's a wealth of information in the manual, as well as from the players themselves.

Try out all three of the factions before you make a decision on which side to stay on!

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-12 21:31   
Quote:

On 2011-03-12 18:52, Red Wolf wrote:
I remember seeing your Battle station run of my Suppy station xD

hmmmm yeah you mean the one which had a kluth help right

Red Wolf
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-12 21:38   
hey u were in a BS and i was already hbulled when u started firing xD

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-12 23:58   
Here's a quick rundown on the factions:

ICC: Have shields. They have good durability, and high natural regen, and are also rotatable (meaning you can concentrate full shields on one side) . The numpad corresponds to the direction; 8 is forward, 2 is rear, 4 is left, and 6 is right. They also have the best range of any ship, and thier weapons do not lose damage at long ranges.

UGTO: Have very durable armor. Their main advantage is that armor is quickly repaired by Stations (they have multiple reload drones, which give you ammo and repair armor/hull) and planetary based depots. They have good range (Not as high as ICC) but thier cannons lose some punch at higher range.

K'luth: Have weak, but very fast repairing armor. When they take hull damage, something called AHR (Automatic Hull Repair) kicks in. It repairs thier hull automatically (The other two factions require repair drones/depots to fix hull) , and also repair armor. Each AHR is like a drone. They also have the added ability to cloak, making them invisible to sight and sensor. Thier weapons are short range, but have unique beam weapons that do less max damage than Human faction lasers, but do not do less damage at high ranges like lasers do.

K'luth can be made visible for a moment by what is called "Pinging". Turning ECCM (It's a gadget like a weapon, it increases signature of everything around it) on for a moment, it reveals them.

The game is quite complicated, but extremely rewarding once you get the hang of it. It's really great fun. I'd start with UGTO first. Their armor is durable and quickly repaired, plus UGTO is generally the most populated right now (See: RSM ) . Then I'd try out K'luth. They have a fair sized population, and cloak makes you extremely hard to kill (K'luth have lower death ratios than the other 2 factions due to cloak and fast armor repair) . Finally, I'd try ICC. ICC have the lowest population currently, but also have the highest quality ships

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-03-13 20:56   
Best thing about Darkspace is small ships aren't useless compared to larger ships, you won't be doing nearly as much damage but once you get the hang of the controls you'll be able to dodge most any cannon/missile fire unless it's point blank.

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-14 02:21   
Quote:

On 2011-03-12 20:42, BackSlash wrote:

Try out all three of the factions before you make a decision on which side to stay on!

I've been on again, off again since '06 and still havn't really settled down yet.....

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-03-14 02:31   
ICC ships are probably the most forgiving all around, so if youre having trouble getting the ropes hop on ICC. UGTO has a lot of experienced players that can give you points. Kluth is difficult for newbies to get a hang of, but a pretty unique experience. some of their experienced players are not very talkative though.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024123 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR