- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +19.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » first contact with mi
 Author first contact with mi
gocrazyonu
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-13 23:46   
The vessel shook violently from being hit on the starboard bow, people were running to and fro, a fire broke out on deck five and emergency crews, well prepared for such eventualities, were already on the move fire hoses in hand. The Admiral reluctantly decided to order a hasty retreat to deep space. He was not accustomed to backing down in front of any opponents wether they be kluth or ugto. But he also new that prolonging this encounter with the kluth could only result in a catastrophic end. So thankfully the jump drive engines were still functioning and they were able to make their escape. Unfortunately, as is the case sometimes, the navigator was unable to plot their escape route and had emergency jumped into an unknown direction.

So as repair crews were busy repairing the ship's systems, the CO and his navigator were trying to figure out their current position. "sir we've jumped towards the Procyon sector . Its uncharted and is located in this nebular cloud. Navigation is going to be difficult with no recognizable reference points to guide us.""mmmhhh"answered the Admiral , "What about using a spectrometer to scan 4 known systems ? " "We tried that sir but couldn't get a proper reading due to the ambient gamma radiation in the cloud. We also detected trace amounts of positrons here." Surprised,"Positrons!! Are you sure lieutenant?" "Yes sir, i've double checked the results myself." replied the lieutenant.

The positrons could only be the result of a total conversion power source. the icc researchers back home had been working on such a system for years and were still a long way off from being able to do it . The theory went that using antimatter one could completely convert all mass into energy, Total Conversion. The amount of energy that would be generated from such a system would be virtually limitless. It sounded good in theory but the application proved to be far more difficult then anticipated.

He knew that neither the kluth nor the uggies had such a system for surely such a technological wonder would most assuredly secure a final victory for whomsoever had it.

So he approached the nearest communication console and set it for shipwide public announcement "This is your commanding officer speaking speaking. I know many of you are overdue for ground leave and many of you are also overworked and tired from around the clock repairs. Although i am thankful for such a crew to be in my service i must ask you to prolonge this tour of duty a little longer. We can and will find our way back home but we must first investigate some interesting findings we have made here. For those of you who don't know, we have emergency jumped into the Procyon sector.As you know this region of space is uncharted. We would not normally care but trace amounts of positrons have been detected here. Which can only mean one thing , there must be somewhere in this sector a civilization more advanced then our own. We must try to find them and make first contact. Our final victory may depend on it. I have no doubt that you will all fulfill your duties as you have always done to the best of your abilities. May god be with us and may he grant us a final victory to end this war. ICC FOREVER!!". "ICC FOREVER" the crew responded.

Even before they were finished all the repairs,one of the crewmembers on the bridge said "Admiral i'm picking up a strange energy signature. It's located aproximately 30 000 gu's away. Sir it must be of incredible magnitude for us to be able to detect it from such a distance. And sir....it's headed towards us. Activating long range scanner. It appears to be a sphere,huge in size , metallic of an unrecognized configuration, sir i think your advanced civilization has found us.

As the sphere approached it bacame obvious to the Admiral that its power source must be of the kind he had spoken of earlier, for nothing else could generate the kind of power the crewman was now detecting. A little apprehensive, he attempted to communicate with whomsoever was piloting the strange sphere. No response, he knew the vessel must be scanning them.

"Scan for lifeforms and keep hailing them"he ordered." No life forms sir but there is movement on board. Actually they are surprisingly easy to scan, they dont have the usual hermetic hull design of normal vessels, as a result the inside of the vessel is in a vacuum and their is no life support whatsoever on this vessel. The movement detected is from androids moving around the inside, thats the crew i suppose.

Then finally the response , in a strange artificial voice "we are mi ,we are artificial life forms, where do you come from?" that little alarm in the back of his neck started to tingle, that instinct that has kept him alive after so many encounters with kluth and ugto was now on full alert, " May i ask where you come from first?" "were we come from is irrelevent, you are now in our space and must answer our questions" (prepare jump drive) he whispered (iv got a bad feeling about this) "We got lost and came here by mistake." he was stalling for time dodging the question. "Why do you want to know where we came from?" "we have never encountered your species before and wanted to know where u had evolved." he still couldn,t shake the feeling then his crewmember at the console whispered "sir i've had a chance to scan the neighboring planets ,they are completely lifeless including the ones with an earthlike environment . I mean they have been sterilized to the point that i cant even detect any microbiologie. What does it mean sir?" "It means we gotta get the hell out of here thats what it means!! Engineering is the jump drive ready yet?" Engineering: "no sir we need another 15 minutes sir." " what about shields ? Have we restored enuff power to shields?" "sir shields are up to 71%"

(to be continued got tired of writing for tonight i'ma 3 fingered typist so it takes a while)
[ This Message was edited by: gocrazyonu on 2011-03-15 12:25 ]

MaGoo
Fleet Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-03-14 23:24   
Its MI not M1. Exelent job though, i like it.

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-03-27 18:58   
looking good so far, keep it up.

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Page created in 0.012908 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR