- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Depots.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Depots.
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-15 09:54   
Quote:

On 2011-03-15 09:13, Gejaheline wrote:
Having shot at various non-UGTO ships while they're sitting around a planet packed with depots, I must say that said planets seem to generally be a tad too powerful regardless of which faction it belongs to.

Also, why are people still complaining even after being informed that there's a change in the works that should sort it out?

Well..this problem been for many months now..so..what u think?

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-15 14:15   
also the ICC stations can't tank at a planet like the kluth or ugto due to our uni-armor since shields don't get a boost from depots, also please finish the new planet system before you guys start something else better yet finish the new ship layouts before you finish the new planet system,

p.s. everyone loves depots just when they are not exploited to make a normal ship(since stations can move they are ships) attacking said ship are at a disadvantage. i would really like supply ships to get some love cause right now they suck and are terribly weak. i suggest buffing supply ships reducing supply stations reloads to 2, adding another supply ships that can fight (cruiser class maybe) with 3 reload drones so players have some incentive to use them, or give the interdictor cruiser a couple of reload drones so they can get some xp while they stop ships from getting to close.

you developers need to try to turn this game into a game that can make money not just break even if it becomes profitable then maybe you can pay the developers to work faster and deliver better results.(end rant)

Email µOmniVore
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-15 16:10   
Quote:

On 2011-03-15 14:15, *OmniVore* wrote:
also the ICC stations can't tank at a planet like the kluth or ugto due to our uni-armor since shields don't get a boost from depots, also please finish the new planet system before you guys start something else better yet finish the new ship layouts before you finish the new planet system,

p.s. everyone loves depots just when they are not exploited to make a normal ship(since stations can move they are ships) attacking said ship are at a disadvantage. i would really like supply ships to get some love cause right now they suck and are terribly weak. i suggest buffing supply ships reducing supply stations reloads to 2, adding another supply ships that can fight (cruiser class maybe) with 3 reload drones so players have some incentive to use them, or give the interdictor cruiser a couple of reload drones so they can get some xp while they stop ships from getting to close.

you developers need to try to turn this game into a game that can make money not just break even if it becomes profitable then maybe you can pay the developers to work faster and deliver better results.(end rant)

well start buying credits, more people who drop money in the game and maybe even turn a profeit. then again i have no idea how much the bandwidth and system repairs cost, nore do i have the time to start searching for that info.

Email Borgie
Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-15 17:40   
guys how about we just slow repair rate down. this ideas seem the most logcial ugto gets to keep there depots but it almost make it to where any faction wont be able to camp a depot planet. as of right now battles really dont go anywhere and this is with any faction. cause of pres gain about 80% of the darkspace communtiy are now able to fly stations and all they have to do pull out like a command station run to a planet and make it a depot planet and just sit there.

if we just make them repair slower it gives everyone a chance to at least make them sweet when they start losing to much armor

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-15 17:46   
Quote:

On 2011-03-15 02:03, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-15 00:10, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-14 15:05, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-14 14:44, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
-Our armor becomes a bit stronger, kinda weird composite armor is the same thing as the armor faction's armor...

Isn't ICC supposed to be the faction with the most durability/hitpoints/whatever?

How did it become that UGTO can outlast them in a fight?

They do outlast, shields can be transfered to any arc. But one would expect the armor faction to have better armor...

No they don't outlast armor apparently. Because, as they have QQ'ed, and everyone else have observed, armor rep rates have basically neutered them as a faction.

In my alt, my HC can jump out of a fight about 2k gu away, turn defence mode on, and jump right back in. Can a BC do that?

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-03-15 18:35   
Quote:

On 2011-03-15 17:46, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-15 02:03, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-15 00:10, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-14 15:05, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-14 14:44, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
-Our armor becomes a bit stronger, kinda weird composite armor is the same thing as the armor faction's armor...

Isn't ICC supposed to be the faction with the most durability/hitpoints/whatever?

How did it become that UGTO can outlast them in a fight?

They do outlast, shields can be transfered to any arc. But one would expect the armor faction to have better armor...

No they don't outlast armor apparently. Because, as they have QQ'ed, and everyone else have observed, armor rep rates have basically neutered them as a faction.

In my alt, my HC can jump out of a fight about 2k gu away, turn defence mode on, and jump right back in. Can a BC do that?

I don't see how thats a good argument to have UGTO get better armor?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-03-15 19:53   
Quote:

No, not unless that 2k gu jump is to a couple SS or a depot planet, in which case it's probably back up to full by the time JD is recharged. Sure a HC can jump anywhere to recharge shields but that's all you'd get out of it, recharged shields and depleted energy, with whatever hull/armor damage you took still there and probably low on ammo. And that's only if someone doesn't point jump you for landing somewhere that's still within sensor range in a damaged ship.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-15 21:05   
Depot tanking has been a real problem and has been the real reason for prestige inflation.

Tanking an entire UGTO fleet in Sirius with my Krill, I was able to earn 8k prestige in an hour by firing non-stop at the UGTO while I rotated around a mass depot planet.

Another thing with depot planets, you can take heavy damage in battle, jump to a depot planet and be fully repaired by the time your jump drive is ready to jump again.

Not only is that a massive advantage and makes mass depot planets invaluable. But it also inflates prestige gains.

It has to go.

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-15 23:29   
i agree with the above post. why i have gained 13k pres in a few days and i hardly play.

Email µOmniVore
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-15 23:30   
Quote:

You did not address why your HC had to jump out in the first place.

That's 'cos you were probably stripped of shields and dangerously low on armor... maybe even hulled.... at that point.

While the BC still had armor and was not even hulled.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-03-15 23:31 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-16 00:05   
Quote:

On 2011-03-15 23:30, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

You did not address why your HC had to jump out in the first place.

That's 'cos you were probably stripped of shields and dangerously low on armor... maybe even hulled.... at that point.

While the BC still had armor and was not even hulled.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-03-15 23:31 ]

Properly flown an HC can only take shield damage and will most likely return to depots for ammo only.

Also, in enemy territory this is invaluable, keep in mind not every system has a depot planet. Also, try capturing other planets, congratz you forced them to stop depot camping. Or even better, have a dictor trap fleeing ships by standing between the battle and the depot, and you get some free kills.

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-03-16 01:08   
Slowing down repair rates will slow down gameplay as well. It will result in a more boring game. I hope the devs take that into account when making changes.

Email Alcedo
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-16 04:22   
Quote:

On 2011-03-16 01:08, *Alcedo* wrote:
Slowing down repair rates will slow down gameplay as well. It will result in a more boring game. I hope the devs take that into account when making changes.

So, with a slower rep rate, having less armor will speed up your repair to 100%.

How about it?

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-16 06:22   
Quote:

On 2011-03-16 01:08, *Alcedo* wrote:

Yes please devs, don't take away all this fun! Its so exciting to attack two stats at a planet with 7 other allies, and know that you will do good if you do 50% armor damage on one ship before you lose two allies. That's the kinda fun that we players of DS expect, after all. Putting things on a more level playing field would just take so much away from the game. Like overpopulated factions. We need more of that, you know.

And frankly, if ya'll dont like the complaints over this issue, well, we have been asking for a change for more than three years. Sorry if your "promises" of a change (which details have yet to be released) doesn't calm the masses. Imagine that. Perhaps a little speedier reaction might have shown that you heard us.

And my comment before wasn't the typical "devs are uggies so it wont be changed". It was more "devs are uggies, and probably don't see it the same way we do". See, one gives you no credit. I'm willing to give ya'll just a tad. Just not much more than that.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-03-16 08:12   
Topic reduced to childish bickering and comments.

Locked.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.027365 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR