No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Depots.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Depots.
Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-03-14 12:15   
To topic: disabling depots if the enemy is close would be interesting..

As long as ai does not disable too, that would be anoying.

And 2nd: It will encourage people to chase you down and even follow into depots, i dont know if thats good.

To UGTO issue:
UGTO may benefit more from depots, but even without them, they have the numbers and the armor and the leaders and the shrooms to hold out longer, to siege better, to capture faster.(If they want to)
Thats just the way it is and it is ok, as long as ICC manages to have access on Sagitarius.

Before the last reset ICC was stronger. 1 system stronger: Luyten was ICC, so the frontline dropped back now^^

If you see this in longterm views its quite interesting how the balance of power is working and slowly changing with every new Version and every MV reset and of course the most populated faction.

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-03-14 14:22   
Quote:

On 2011-03-14 07:58, Deco wrote:
Firstly Just want to say Iv seen luth do exactly the same thing many time so everyone is guilty.

What your suggesting is only going to benifit one faction and thats Luth. Its a good suggestion when you play the faction that can sneak up cloaked into orbit of a planet declak creating a blockade and deactivate the depots, so instead of creating balance your suggesting a massive imbalance to help luth and only luth

that's not how blocking planets works now, after the planet system change.

control points must be reduced to a certain value to block a planet, so your argument is invalid

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-14 14:44   
I will happily give away depots when and only when:
-Flux and EMP aren't just hogging points on a ship
-Fighters actually become worthwhile instead of uber stupid
-Fighters actually become our specialty, ICC can missile spam and fighter spam
-Our armor becomes a bit stronger, kinda weird composite armor is the same thing as the armor faction's armor...

Basically when the rest of UGTO stops being broken.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-03-14 14:54   
Quote:

On 2011-03-14 11:47, Borgie wrote:
what ever happened to two depots per ship?

I think this would only slow down game play if you had to wait even longer before you could get back to the fight. Disabling depots on blockaded planets would be fine so long as the blockades work properly and do not spring up every time an AI passes by.

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-03-14 15:04   
Quote:

On 2011-03-14 14:54, Sops wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-14 11:47, Borgie wrote:
what ever happened to two depots per ship?

I think this would only slow down game play if you had to wait even longer before you could get back to the fight. Disabling depots on blockaded planets would be fine so long as the blockades work properly and do not spring up every time an AI passes by.

*headbutts sops*

that's for overreading my comment -.-*

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-14 15:05   
Quote:

On 2011-03-14 14:44, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
-Our armor becomes a bit stronger, kinda weird composite armor is the same thing as the armor faction's armor...

Isn't ICC supposed to be the faction with the most durability/hitpoints/whatever?

How did it become that UGTO can outlast them in a fight?

Kaepora
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-14 23:15   
I second a request for more info on this "field repair".

I also agree with spaceadmiral: UGTO have pretty ho-hum secondary abilities. Give their small ships some more bite too.

MaGoo
Fleet Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-03-14 23:29   
idk, i think tinkering with the depots would be a mistake (possibly just the UGTO in me talking)

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-15 00:10   
Quote:

On 2011-03-14 15:05, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

Isn't ICC supposed to be the faction with the most durability/hitpoints/whatever?

They do outlast, shields can be transfered to any arc. But one would expect the armor faction to have better armor...

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-15 02:03   
Quote:

On 2011-03-15 00:10, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-14 15:05, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

They do outlast, shields can be transfered to any arc. But one would expect the armor faction to have better armor...

No they don't outlast armor apparently. Because, as they have QQ'ed, and everyone else have observed, armor rep rates have basically neutered them as a faction.

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-15 08:07   
I will agree players camping depot planets suck but allowing jack and another one of his dumb idea's to ruin this game is worst(lol) i understand that ugto can tank a crap load of damage when near a depot planet i suggest depots only be allowed at shipyards to completly repair ships as they are not in use. instead of going ingame for repairs.

that way support stations and supply ships become more useful. just give them infinate repair drones and +1 to all reload slots.

everyone hates a damaged ship but some ships are our favorite so we like to reuse them right after defeat which is why we have depot planets with this new suggestion you would have to rotate through your available ships to give time for your docked ship to get fixed.

Email µOmniVore
*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-15 08:27   
or let 1 depot planet in each sistem.

Email *Flash*
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-15 08:47   
Quote:

On 2011-03-15 08:07, *OmniVore* wrote:
I will agree players camping depot planets suck but allowing jack and another one of his dumb idea's to ruin this game is worst(lol) i understand that ugto can tank a crap load of damage when near a depot planet i suggest depots only be allowed at shipyards to completly repair ships as they are not in use. instead of going ingame for repairs.

that way support stations and supply ships become more useful. just give them infinate repair drones and +1 to all reload slots.

everyone hates a damaged ship but some ships are our favorite so we like to reuse them right after defeat which is why we have depot planets with this new suggestion you would have to rotate through your available ships to give time for your docked ship to get fixed.

This been suggested alot of times. But devs dont like it

That the ships get repaird inside the shipyard. Say it gets repped full in matter of 10-30mins. And you cant take out the ship before its fully repped. It should also be dependent on resources on the planet. So the planet use resources to fix ships. That way you get more realistic things for repping. And you can add depots on the planet for faster fix..

This will also make players use other ships in the mean time, and maybe well see other ships in the mv.

Secundly, depot planet shouldnt exsit, with no defence all together, why should it be so hard to cap?

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-15 08:59   
Quote:

On 2011-03-15 08:07, *OmniVore* wrote:

problem with giving supply ships and stations extra drone slot would be combat repair rates. if you have a force of 3 shrooms/support stations healing on target that would be 12 reloads on that one target, would be the same as having them sitting at depot planet. also sy does repair ships but only hull damage, it doesn't repair armor or recharge shields.

Email Borgie
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-03-15 09:13   
Having shot at various non-UGTO ships while they're sitting around a planet packed with depots, I must say that said planets seem to generally be a tad too powerful regardless of which faction it belongs to.

Also, why are people still complaining even after being informed that there's a change in the works that should sort it out?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022500 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR