Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » RSM is #1 (Nem made me do this)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author RSM is #1 (Nem made me do this)
ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-03-17 18:37   
A skilled player:

1. knows when to fight and when to run.

so a group of 8 players all jumping in and fighting 1 or 2 equal targets is not skill just numbers.

2. know every fleet's ships weakness and strenght.

so if you have not played in any other faction for longer than 2 weeks you cant possibly know all there is to know about the ships of that faction.

3. knows how to take command of a group of players, also give and follow orders.

to be a good leader you must know how to follow.

4. does whatever is needed in game from building to repairing, from combat to bombing.

a skilled players does it all and knows when it must be done.

** if 50% of your fleet never even plays, they just take up space and increase total fleet score cause they have been sitting there for years is not skill.

However for being a very active fleet I say congrats for that

[ This Message was edited by: ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) on 2011-03-17 18:39 ]

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Knightfall
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-17 19:26   
#1 in leading 10 station fleets into a K luth system and losing them all in less than 5 minutes.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-03-17 20:56   
Quote:

On 2011-03-17 18:37, ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) wrote:
A skilled player:

1. knows when to fight and when to run.

so a group of 8 players all jumping in and fighting 1 or 2 equal targets is not skill just numbers.

Depends on whether you're talking tactical skill or piloting skill. If you can get eight ships all jumping on one ship in order to defeat the enemy more easily, all without giving the enemy the chance to reinforce, that's tactical skill. Defeat in detail.

Piloting skill is, indeed, how good you are in a dogfight.

Both have their places, and can compensate for one another.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-17 23:25   
In honor of being #1.

I award every RSM member with a red shirt.

You may collect your prize when my ship is flying in the area.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-17 23:34   
Quote:

On 2011-03-17 20:56, Gejaheline wrote:

Piloting skill is, indeed, how good you are in a dogfight.

I object!!

Unless the devs make all weaps forward firing only with no autotracking.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-03-17 23:34 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-18 00:11   
Am I reading it wrong? This topic is about RSM is #1. It doesn't write "RSM members are #1s".

Consider RSM:
  1. Most active fleet.
  2. Highest prestige fleet.
  3. Highest number fleet (not including cadet in PB case).
  4. Contact via Teamspeak, has a website.

They are truly #1. I haven't seen any fleet is as successful as RSM is.
To be frankly, because of RSM, other factions' fleets have jobs to do, have targets to abuse, have prestige to gain. You have to appreciate them, besides all the hatred ;]
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-03-18 00:18 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-18 05:57   
Quote:

On 2011-03-18 00:11, chlorophyll wrote:

I was gonna say something, then I saw this. Explains much.

You missed a good few years of the game it seems. Maybe that's why some of us aren't impressed. We' HAVE seen better.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-18 06:33   
Quote:

On 2011-03-18 05:57, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-18 00:11, chlorophyll wrote:

I was gonna say something, then I saw this. Explains much.

You missed a good few years of the game it seems. Maybe that's why some of us aren't impressed. We' HAVE seen better.

This is the biggest thing that has to occur to what is now the playerbase.

Anyone who has been here eight or nine years will be unimpressed because comparing then and now is such a huge difference. Ships took more skill to use, more than just bigger ships were used, there was more than just one major fleet on a faction and those big name fleets were well, big name for a reason.

Todays fleets are peas in comparison. Nothing will replace old fleets now gone or old fleets whose players have moved on. The talent pool just has never kept up with the times and probably won't considering how the game is now compared to then.

So RSM being number 1? Its like being the champion of the special olympics. You admire them because they made it that far. But they're still.. special.

Special at being utterly unremarkable.

-Ent

LPv2.5
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-03-18 10:23   
First, I take offense when someone tries to put down or demean the Special Olympics. I don't know you, and at this point don't really care to know you. However, do you know what special needs athletes go through to compete? If not, you have no right to make such a comment.

Second, you try to frame everything around what was in the past. The game changes; this includes the mechanics, players, and the rules. Please do not demean other people just to get the opportunity to state how cool you were in your glory days. It sounds desperate and pathetic.

This post was meant to provide a little laugh and maybe stir up some friendly competition. However, with the previous post, it has taken a turn towards being down right asinine!

Challenge still stands! DETHRONE US! The way I see it, RSM provides help for new players, a target for luth and icc, and we're decent people...#1 fits us perfectly!

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-18 11:07   
the story of RSM begins here
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080329065941AAEiMlm

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-18 11:42   
Quote:

On 2011-03-18 10:23, *LPv23* wrote:
First, I take offense when someone tries to put down or demean the Special Olympics. I don't know you, and at this point don't really care to know you. However, do you know what special needs athletes go through to compete? If not, you have no right to make such a comment.

Second, you try to frame everything around what was in the past. The game changes; this includes the mechanics, players, and the rules. Please do not demean other people just to get the opportunity to state how cool you were in your glory days. It sounds desperate and pathetic.

Step 1. Grow a thicker skin and stop taking offense at things.

Step 2. Realize that your pathetic fleet is nothing compared to older ones because pressing spacebar to win isn't and never will be skill.

Step 3. ???

Step 4. Laugh because you realize you're getting serious over a MMO set in space with ships pew pewing each other.

-Ent

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-18 13:08   
Quote:

On 2011-03-18 10:23, *LPv23* wrote:

Challenge still stands! DETHRONE US! The way I see it, RSM provides help for new players, a target for luth and icc, and we're decent people...#1 fits us perfectly!

And all that self back pating looks pretty pathetic, and may lead to a broken arm.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-18 14:10   
Perhaps RSM is not as glorious as old best fleets were, but there must be something that lead them to grown as big as today is. There are many UGTO fleets, why are RSM the most crowded and most active since they're created? At least they're successful in the mean time.

I know all fleets have downs time, RSM is not exeptional. Right now they're #1, but maybe next year they're #2. PB, with Coombie, was #1 for the longest time up to now I guess. This is such an comtemporary usurpation as long as DS runs.

I think the pilot skills belong to player's problem, not the fleet. Fleet leaders may consider this topic as a friendly challenge and procede to improving the fleet in both number and quality to dethrone RSM. Or you may keep the pride and dignity of the fleet for yourself. Harrassment won't change the fleet rankings I'm afraid.

Microsoft, Windows, Office are repeatedly cursed by numberous companies and users, thus nothing does put them out of the market. The facts is annoying, but it's still the reality, which can not be denied by any distortion.

Don't get me wrong. I don't praise RSM. I just read what they say: a celebration and a challenge. We should do formal and usual acts as we do in game: say gratz; do something; say degratz.

P/S: hey LP, although I keep neutrol attitude, I have to say I really dislike the part "(Nem made me do this)" in the topic name. Sounds like a defense for responsibility of making the topic. You do, take it.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-03-18 14:15 ]

LPv2.5
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-03-18 14:29   
Quote:

On 2011-03-18 14:10, chlorophyll wrote:

P/S: hey LP, although I keep neutrol attitude, I have to say I really dislike the part "(Nem made me do this)" in the topic name. Sounds like a defense for responsibility of making the topic. You do, take it.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-03-18 14:15 ]

Wasn't trying to deflect any responsibility or the inevitable flaming that I knew would come from the post. It was, more or less, an inside joke between a couple of us in TS. It was hilarious, at the time.

Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-18 15:37   
Gratz on being number 1. It's times like these were I really like to say. "All hands battle stations!!!! Kill the uggies!!!"

lololololol

Email Admiral C. Wilson
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.039224 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR