No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +8.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Ships detection range Cap?
 Author Ships detection range Cap?
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-30 19:15   
Ok so, Small tough came to me.

What if we put a limit on The range a ship can target another ship on all non Sensor Class ship?

EXAMPLE <------ Very important Word

2000gu (Remember, jsut an example) would be the limit a ship can actually Lock another ship (visible to the eye but not the radar sort of) and that no matter the Visibility of a ship.
Of course if an allie ships sees an enemy, you will stlll be able to see and lock if if your on the other side of the galaxy

Now since Sensor ship wont be haivng this Cap, They will make a important role into Scouting Enemy position And Acting as spotter for long range Missles or carrier ship

This will also make long range ships (MD Carriers) Much more usefull and Not so weak, people Can't really Jump a Ship they can't see, makes counter scouting all that much more important

Any toughts Any one?
Also any suggestion on the Cap range limit?
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-30 21:22   
The actual sensor class is solely ICC.
Might wanna specify the faction equivalents.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-30 21:43   
Quote:

On 2011-03-30 19:15, Zero28 wrote:
Ok so, Small tough came to me.

What if we put a limit on The range a ship can target another ship on all non Sensor Class ship?

EXAMPLE <------ Very important Word

2000gu (Remember, jsut an example) would be the limit a ship can actually Lock another ship (visible to the eye but not the radar sort of) and that no matter the Visibility of a ship.
Of course if an allie ships sees an enemy, you will stlll be able to see and lock if if your on the other side of the galaxy

Now since Sensor ship wont be haivng this Cap, They will make a important role into Scouting Enemy position And Acting as spotter for long range Missles or carrier ship

This will also make long range ships (MD Carriers) Much more usefull and Not so weak, people Can't really Jump a Ship they can't see, makes counter scouting all that much more important

Any toughts Any one?
Also any suggestion on the Cap range limit?

I suggested something like this some time back.

Have a sort of AWACs ship that carries a radar with an extremely long scanning range, but has a super-high sig itself. When the radar is on, it will be able to scan the entire system. But the downside is that every other enemy will also be able to see him.

The response was, go use a scout to check out an area or use it to mark targets.

And yeah, I think that makes sense too. You can always send a scout forward near the enemy planet huggers to spot them, and have your missile ships sit 3000 GUs away under ECM, pelting them from long range.

So I guess there ya have it.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-31 00:58   
When ships become invisible to the eye in f2, think about it then.

At the moment is pretty pointless. you only need to get the direction to find the ship.

*oh hey, fighters firing from north!!*

*Sir, we have ran a starmap visual scan, Command carrier spotted. We are jumping the position now.*

*Captain, Command carrier destroyed.*

Page created in 0.007840 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR