No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » station/plat
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author station/plat
Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2011-04-08 20:03   
ok so me and DA BES LOSER came up wit an idea of a station/plat each faction can have one and we worked out its peramiters 1 it cant move wat so ever 2 it takes bout 20k resourses and 10 minutes to build and only SCBs can build them so they just dont spawn every where and something i just thought of is only 4 of them can be biult in 1 system like only 4 can be build in all of r33 or somethin theses station/plats can rep ships (good for ugto they can just hug this station/plat) it can also fight when enemy ships get near it launch fighters, missles, ect. and optional can have a dictor but i think it haveing a dictor wud be cool and also i know the games ppl thats in charge prob will just ignor that part so yea this is our idea i hope the MODS and admins read this can be somethin to look into and can be cool it really wud o and to be far to luth there station /plat can cloak just for luth ICC has more missles and fighters UGTO has more depot qualitys just to be fair to every one hope you enjoy our idea (DA BES LOSER and Fleet admiral RAY but gonna change my name to Grand admiral Ray in a few minutes cuz i want to show off my rank

Its esentually a station but it cant move and its smaller any way its just an idea ok
[ This Message was edited by: Fleet Admiral Ray on 2011-04-08 20:09 ]

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-08 21:18   
Quote:

On 2011-04-08 20:03, Fleet Admiral Ray wrote:
ok so me and DA BES LOSER came up wit an idea of a planet.

ftfy.

we'll get right on that.

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Ray[OU]
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-08 21:27   
lol i ment plat not planet lol

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-09 05:47   
reminds me of my suggestion some time ago
http://darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=49855&forum=36&8

Ray[OU]
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-09 08:42   
well we where thinkgin of a platform thats like a station but smaller maby half the size and look more like an over sized UGTO wepon plat cuz they look cool but can rep ships attack enemy ships ect but cant be moved i wasnt thinking bout a planet that wud be stupid and i didnt know some one had a similar idea so if they didnt do much bout your idea i guess they wont do much bout DA bes and mine so i guess it was a waste of thought but it wud be cool tho

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-04-09 13:21   
amm....forget it. probably wont happen. enough problems already cuz DS engine/server cant handle plats and missiles and fighter at the same time. result, lag and stuff....wich is really sad. it would be really really great if DS werent so limited.

Kaepora
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-09 14:00   
Darkspace 2, ho!

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-04-09 15:24   
yeah lets go to slave market, get some people and make them work on DS, dev team should get some more manpower! then this game would start to become a real bad ass

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-04 08:23   
A little thread necromancy here.

With 1.670 coming and depots getting nerfed to hell, I tht I would resurrect this thread somewhat.

But no, it's not abt some immobile station plat or pseudo-planet. I remember some time back, we were discussing abt having SYs being made into orbital platforms instead of being planetbound cuz well, these ships aren't supposed to be atmospheric capable are they?

Plus, Draf had that rather neat model of an SY platform. Unfortunatey, due to game mechanics and the way it was coded, ships can't spawn from other ship or plat entities.

So how abt a drydock repair plat instead. Something that reps yr ships up real fast. Something like what 12 depots used to do. Yeah yeah yeah, I know some of u will be saying that it'll bring back the rep spam days.

But what if the drydock could only accomodate 1 ship at a time? And that yr ship will be immobile and unable to fire while under repair. And that it'll take a ship 10 secs each to 'engage' or 'disengage' itself from the drydock and that the process, once initiated, would have to run till it's completion? And what if the drydock plat was as fragile as a regular supp plat? Plus it can only be built in planetary orbit and be untowable.

In other words, this plat would function as a strictly rear area facility due to its apparent drawbacks.

Just a thought. Feel free to agree or shoot it down.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-07-04 09:30 ]

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-04 09:21   
Your idea would work only if you could only have one up in a system or some other number limit, otherwise it would just be used the same as the super depots were, plus you CAN block plats, so it wouldn't necessarily have to be under fire by the enemy so it could be used in battle as well.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-04 12:22   
Quote:

On 2011-07-04 09:21, Incinarator |SoT| wrote:
Your idea would work only if you could only have one up in a system or some other number limit, otherwise it would just be used the same as the super depots were, plus you CAN block plats, so it wouldn't necessarily have to be under fire by the enemy so it could be used in battle as well.

I would agree with you.

Something like a limit of 3 per faction/per server.

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-07-04 12:59   
I really like this idea.
A huge space based repair dock.
It can only repair one ship at a time.
It has a docking timer and makes ships that are being repaired immobile.
It has a timer when docking off.
It can be destroyed.
Only a limited number can be built.

I'm not sure about repair power atm, but to me it sounds like a good idea that isn't too op.

come on guys, discuss

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-04 20:42   
i like this idea and i hope it ammounts to something maybe a large steller platform or something, im not quite sure about the docking and stuff it might undermine the importance of planets but a super plat would be cool as long as thare could only be one per server.

i have a feeling devs will shoot this down quite quickly though but you never know.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-05 05:32   
Heh i remember this (i changed my name since then) and it still is an intresting idea... and eep kenny knows necromancy

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-05 06:00   
Yep. I raise dead posts.

This is the SY plat concept that Draf actually showed us the last time in lobby chat

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-07-05 06:04 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022420 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR