Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » UGTO pushed out of the land they love
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author UGTO pushed out of the land they love
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-19 00:11   
Quote:

On 2011-04-18 17:48, *Nemesis*© wrote:
i love the fact it took two factions (icc and kluth) to do it, but it will only take one faction to get it back

Dude , if all pb goes online you would be doing bricks in your pants. Just admit , ugto has 2x players than any other. You dont need to be cocky.

Za'her
Marshal
Native

Posted: 2011-04-19 00:25   
Quote:

i love the fact it took two factions (icc and kluth) to do it, but it will only take one faction to get it back

Nemesis, i don't think so, the real reason it they (K'Luth) finally worked as team and like a good soldiers.

Email Za'her   Goto the website of Za'her
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-19 01:59   
Quote:

What ICC? LOL. They were poking us in the back at Luyten while we were busy stepping on you in Cinci.

BTW u shd have stayed on to defend the Atca cluster instead of bugging out.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-19 04:59   
Quote:

On 2011-04-19 00:11, Pakhos[+R] wrote:
Quote:

Dude , if all pb goes online you would be doing bricks in your pants. Just admit , ugto has 2x players than any other. You dont need to be cocky.

its all nem has is to be cocky. i mean come on now hes lives his life with in this game.

Email Borgie
*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-19 05:43   
one thing would be interesting to see again...have UGTO forced back into Sol i've only seen this once but hell it was a great fight between k'luth and UGTO

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-19 09:22   
just to make sure no more die hard brick brains get any false illusions.

if icc helped their would be icc planets take a good look at the map and see where the icc still are.

oh and to those that thought i finally gave up think again now i may no longer get missle lag .

a couple of ugto yesterday (including me) had fun watching a couple of kluth have a false illusion that they would kill me before being forced to retreat.

i trust they will stop having those illusions and assume i am bait.

Ps: i am always bait

Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-19 09:27   
I missed the fun

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-04-19 10:03   
Quote:

um... becouse your faction has 3x the numbers of icc kluth combined? maby?

*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-19 10:05   
Quote:

On 2011-04-19 09:22, jamesbob wrote:
just to make sure no more die hard brick brains get any false illusions.

if icc helped their would be icc planets take a good look at the map and see where the icc still are.

Are you really suggesting icc havnt helped kluth in any way for the past eight weeks?

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-19 10:39   
Just me or this topic is about RSM versus all red fleets?

I can see that ICC fleets and K'Luth fleets have worked hard together so that the alliance is power enough to push RSM out of Sagi. To be fair, I have to admit the fact that RSM maintained 3 systems in Sagi for months is truly amazing.

However, I heard when PB went UGTO, they occupied Orion for 1 week. So RSM is still not as great as PB was.

But this is 201x decade. Let's wait and see if RSM can break PB record.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-04-19 10:44 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-04-19 10:56   
"To be fair, I have to admit the fact that RSM maintained 3 systems in Sagi for months is truly amazing."

thats.. not a fair assesment. If people cared more about capturing systems, or it was meaningfull.. or was not as easy as taking candy from a baby.. maby capturing and holding systems would be the main point of the game....

sadly... people just want to pew pew each other people in a pseudo friendly hold hands kinda way. No one has the drive to actually play to win. And in truth there is no winning.

Iver personally been a part of cordnating and following fleets to push both k'luth, and ugto back to just three planets in their home systems. (sadly you cannot take it all). And im not talking about just go to their home system and take a bunch of stuff while they are in sag. We pushed em from sag to homeworld . (good days) Hail FTL!

Ekeko
Commander

Posted: 2011-04-19 14:21   
Remember the cowards who switched to Kluth, to be with the winners, who at some point will want to return to UGTO.

I hope UGTO, especially RSM, has memory and not allowed back.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-04-19 14:38   
Quote:

On 2011-04-19 14:21, Ekeko wrote:
Remember the cowards who switched to Kluth, to be with the winners, who at some point will want to return to UGTO.

I hope UGTO, especially RSM, has memory and not allowed back.

Happened again, eh? I'm still laughing about the so-called "loyal to the core" UGTO players who did that when ICC and Kluth made a temp alliance and kicked UGTO out of Sag a couple months back.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-19 14:49   
Quote:

On 2011-04-19 10:56, Defiance{101st} wrote:
"To be fair, I have to admit the fact that RSM maintained 3 systems in Sagi for months is truly amazing."

thats.. not a fair assesment. If people cared more about capturing systems, or it was meaningfull.. or was not as easy as taking candy from a baby.. maby capturing and holding systems would be the main point of the game....

sadly... people just want to pew pew each other people in a pseudo friendly hold hands kinda way. No one has the drive to actually play to win. And in truth there is no winning.

Iver personally been a part of cordnating and following fleets to push both k'luth, and ugto back to just three planets in their home systems. (sadly you cannot take it all). And im not talking about just go to their home system and take a bunch of stuff while they are in sag. We pushed em from sag to homeworld . (good days) Hail FTL!

There is no more truth or meaning in this entire topic than in this mans words.

ICC or Kluth are more than capable than capturing and holding multiple systems - a team of Kluth half as small as UGTO and ICC combined not only held back ICC (and took some of their planets) but also drove UGTO out of Sagi, into their homeserver, took the entire system of Lalande and made decent progress into Banard's Star before it was too late for anyone to keep going.

Why? Well there was no point really. Thats the point. Its not hard to take and hold systems, especially against a faction that absolutely relies on depot planets for their strategy.

So you ask again, why? Because for the hell of it. Let me list the reasons of why people don't care about planets very much.

- You can spawn anywhere, as long as your ship is docked there. You only need one shipyard on one planet.

- Any resources you need can be gained from a homeserver, which is safely tucked several systems back from Sagi.

- Homeservers are pointless to invade because most combat action occurs in Sagi.

- Planets are only useful as a place to give a home field advantage with depots and a handy dictor, otherwise.

- Prestige from capturing a planets is trivial compared to combat. So is bombing. So is engineering. All three things that revolve around planets. All three things that are only useful if you care about getting you Gold badge that you can get in scenario anyways.

All in all, it means that people don't care about planets. Driving a fleet from a planet is only meaningful in the fact that you killed something in the process. Capturing a system only matters for bragging rights. Drive a faction out of Sagi? Bragging rights. Beat a bigger fleet? Bragging rights.

And its not really much to brag about. Well it kind of is now, since we actually have decent prestige loss but...

But well, thats only to do with ships. Not planets. Planets are useful for one thing only - attracting combat. You aren't fighting for a planet. You're fighting for the sake of fighting.

Now I'm not arguing that you shouldn't fight just because you want to fight, but I like to think we have a couple hundred planets in the MV for a little more reason than just to fight around them and not for them.

Or I like to think that. But the truth is, as it stands, capturing a planet has about as much impact on an enemy faction as a mosquito trying to fly through a winter storm to land on you.

Changes, someone?

-Ent

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-04-19 15:31   
I for one, think we have taken a major step back with the new planet capture system. I know i was one of its major supporters while it was on the drawing board, however, I did not realise it would do away with need of specialty ships.

Flaws;

1. The team with the most numbers on wins. There used to be tactics you could use to hault, slow down, and demorallize invading forces even if they outnumberd you 5 to one.

2. Planet Defences are useless. While planet defences are pretty heafty against assault class dreadnaughts, other ships laugh the damage off and continue to capture. Planets can no longer stand on their own to any degree of effectivness.

3. Any and Every and All bombs fired at a planet will hit and do damage with no chance of missing, or being shot down. Therefor; they raised the HP of planetside structures to a degree that bombing is impractical.

these are just a few, im sure i could go on... These are general observations and there are some extream situations that make these observations un-applicable. My main point is DS is becomming too general. Most skill based tasks are being replaced with numbers wins mechanics.

I am by no means, proping up the old planet capture system, as it was very flawed as well. I could, with my bomber dread, make one pass and drop to insta cap planets. I could also disable every shipyard in sag in a matter of minutes using the same tactics. In the old days, you could capture a planet just by overwhelming infantry on the planet, aka transport rush. I am glad these things are gone. And we get reduced lag in return.
I think there needs to be a blend of the two systems to be affective.

To make planets worth something... aside from making a dynamic boarder system where you have to capture planets in sequential tactical order to advance on your enemy, or some kind of limitation on what ships a planet can spawn regardless of rather its built already or not, I dont know what woud make that better.

Perhaps forming a fleet of like-minded individuals with the drive to actually win the war instead of perpetulating it. (actualy left ICC due to their stalemate at fargo where they seam to be perfectly happy shooting shrooms that appear at the gate).

Perhaps a governing body/fleet per faction that issues that faction orders to move on, take, hold, and destroy targets in order to achieve a larger goal. This would have to be private orders issued to that factions fleets only. (this would cut out the non fleeted unfortunatly but at the same time give fleets a very needed meaning.) This woud require faction forums that all fleets of that faction can see.

just my thoughts... im an extreamist though..
if i had my way, you would not be able to buy, or get defence enhancements, range enhancements, offence enhancements due to their tendancy to undermind factional advantages/weaknesses. (off topic)

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance{101st} on 2011-04-19 15:34 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028088 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR