No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » UGTO pushed out of the land they love
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author UGTO pushed out of the land they love
P2.
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-19 15:58   
I think commenting on this post does not make much sense if we do it in a moment of anger or revenge.

Every time 2 factions to unite, the result for the other faction will be catastrophic.

The game is 3 factions, and the balance is achieved for that purpose.

One of the factions has historically had better success is due to the actions of their players to their tactics or strategy.

The other factions are resentful because they can not get the same results and to unite against the winner is not good for the game.

Each faction has its advantages to balance the game if you join 2, the game is unbalanced.

Sooner or later, the alliance will break and the situation returns to the start with the aggravation that generate situations of anger and aggression, often on a personal level.

I think each faction should try to improve their tactics and have strategies that are not dependent on a possible alliance.

I hope I was clear, unfortunately as you know many, English is not my language and it's hard enough writing.

Remember boys, its only a game !!! :=)

Email P2.
*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-19 17:54   
Quote:

On 2011-04-19 15:31, Defiance{101st} wrote:
I for one, think we have taken a major step back with the new planet capture system. I know i was one of its major supporters while it was on the drawing board, however, I did not realise it would do away with need of specialty ships.

Flaws;

1. The team with the most numbers on wins. There used to be tactics you could use to hault, slow down, and demorallize invading forces even if they outnumberd you 5 to one.

2. Planet Defences are useless. While planet defences are pretty heafty against assault class dreadnaughts, other ships laugh the damage off and continue to capture. Planets can no longer stand on their own to any degree of effectivness.

3. Any and Every and All bombs fired at a planet will hit and do damage with no chance of missing, or being shot down. Therefor; they raised the HP of planetside structures to a degree that bombing is impractical.

these are just a few, im sure i could go on... These are general observations and there are some extream situations that make these observations un-applicable. My main point is DS is becomming too general. Most skill based tasks are being replaced with numbers wins mechanics.

I am by no means, proping up the old planet capture system, as it was very flawed as well. I could, with my bomber dread, make one pass and drop to insta cap planets. I could also disable every shipyard in sag in a matter of minutes using the same tactics. In the old days, you could capture a planet just by overwhelming infantry on the planet, aka transport rush. I am glad these things are gone. And we get reduced lag in return.
I think there needs to be a blend of the two systems to be affective.

To make planets worth something... aside from making a dynamic boarder system where you have to capture planets in sequential tactical order to advance on your enemy, or some kind of limitation on what ships a planet can spawn regardless of rather its built already or not, I dont know what woud make that better.

Perhaps forming a fleet of like-minded individuals with the drive to actually win the war instead of perpetulating it. (actualy left ICC due to their stalemate at fargo where they seam to be perfectly happy shooting shrooms that appear at the gate).

Perhaps a governing body/fleet per faction that issues that faction orders to move on, take, hold, and destroy targets in order to achieve a larger goal. This would have to be private orders issued to that factions fleets only. (this would cut out the non fleeted unfortunatly but at the same time give fleets a very needed meaning.) This woud require faction forums that all fleets of that faction can see.

just my thoughts... im an extreamist though..
if i had my way, you would not be able to buy, or get defence enhancements, range enhancements, offence enhancements due to their tendancy to undermind factional advantages/weaknesses. (off topic)

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance{101st} on 2011-04-19 15:34 ]

I agree with almost everything you have said

and P2 your english was great just then and i also agree with you

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-20 04:09   

In the past, 3 Kluth trannies would make life hell for any of your factions. We would simply cloak tranny rush your planets and make you ragequit in submission.

So yeah, some part of the new planet interaction works. The downside of it are

- Cap timer dumbs things down plenty
- Planetary defenses are weakassed now

But back to the topic proper. This time, K'luth took Sag without the help of ICC. The reason why it was a success this time is simply attributed to players actually working together, and not running around doing their own thang.

Anyway, glad to have the Uggies back and fighting. It was getting boring seeing Sag all green (and having the ICCs pecking at 1 or 2 planets with their AI fleets.... LOL)

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-20 04:16   
Quote:

On 2011-04-19 15:58, P2_1956 wrote:
I think commenting on this post does not make much sense if we do it in a moment of anger or revenge.

Every time 2 factions to unite, the result for the other faction will be catastrophic.

The game is 3 factions, and the balance is achieved for that purpose.

One of the factions has historically had better success is due to the actions of their players to their tactics or strategy.

The other factions are resentful because they can not get the same results and to unite against the winner is not good for the game.

Each faction has its advantages to balance the game if you join 2, the game is unbalanced.

Sooner or later, the alliance will break and the situation returns to the start with the aggravation that generate situations of anger and aggression, often on a personal level.

I think each faction should try to improve their tactics and have strategies that are not dependent on a possible alliance.

I hope I was clear, unfortunately as you know many, English is not my language and it's hard enough writing.

Remember boys, its only a game !!! :=)

Nice write up. Yeah, it's only a game.

But we've learnt a few valuable lessons in this little eviction exercise. The next time we try to show the Uggies the door again, we'll see if they can work again.

*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-20 04:25   
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 04:09, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

In the past, 3 Kluth trannies would make life hell for any of your factions. We would simply cloak tranny rush your planets and make you ragequit in submission.

But back to the topic proper. This time, K'luth took Sag without the help of ICC. The reason why it was a success this time is simply attributed to players actually working together, and not running around doing their own thang.

Anyway, glad to have the Uggies back and fighting. It was getting boring seeing Sag all green (and having the ICCs pecking at 1 or 2 planets with their AI fleets.... LOL)

Your very wrong, because most icc swapped faction and turned kluth, Killa from PB even left kluth and joined ugto stating there are too many players on kluth now because alot icc went kluth..... then again your right in one respect, it was kluth this time but with most icc actually on kluth.....

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-20 05:41   
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 04:25, *Nemesis*© wrote:

Your very wrong, because most icc swapped faction and turned kluth, Killa from PB even left kluth and joined ugto stating there are too many players on kluth now because alot icc went kluth..... then again your right in one respect, it was kluth this time but with most icc actually on kluth.....

But it was still ONE faction, and not two factions working together. Most peeps have alt accounts anyway, and unfleeted players are free to faction hop.

BTW, Killa temporarily left PB just to help you guys gain back some ground in Cinci. You were getting nowhere fast, and needed some expert help. LOL.

Plus, we were getting bored with chasing AIs.

He's rejoined PB now.

Spicker
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-20 06:22   
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 04:25, *Nemesis*© wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 04:09, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

nem ..that give's smth to think about it hah?

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-21 04:36   
Quote:

On 2011-04-19 10:56, Defiance{101st} wrote:

thats.. not a fair assesment. If people cared more about capturing systems, or it was meaningfull.. or was not as easy as taking candy from a baby.. maby capturing and holding systems would be the main point of the game....

and who is to blame for the crappy defences.

answer the new defence system and people complaing that defence were to hard or it generates to much lag when the real answer is they lack the ablility to use A BOMBER or are to SILLY to upgrade their GRAPHICS CARD or to LOWER their GRAPHICS settings.

i trust i made my self CLEAR enough

the only REAL lag comes from the server either a being to full or b people using slow connections example a 256kbps broadband (oh yes they do exist)

while including

C its location. (answer to your problems stop bitching or leave they can only do so much with limited resources and not getting paid)

Nutsy
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-21 09:31   
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 05:41, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

But it was still ONE faction, and not two factions working together. Most peeps have alt accounts anyway, and unfleeted players are free to faction hop.

To say that there is no cooperation between ICC and Kluth is a fallacy at best. And it has been admitted by many of the main plays of both factions that they do cooperate. If you want your numbers to increase in a faction, then you need to be the first to help new players and not attack or mock them. You get far more flies with honey than with vinegar.

On the day that this started, I paid attention to what factions were doing what and where. To state that ONE faction pushed UGTO out is an incorrect statement, as ICC was helping to cap planets in R33 and Luyten at the same time Kluth were. It wan not one faction but 2 that was at work to push UGTO back.

As Kluth gained the upper hand, ICC started trying to cap planets away from Kluth (because they didn't want Kluth owning all of Sag?)

And one thing that was missed - not stated at all so far - the weekend that this happened is also the weekend that started a vacation for many schools in the U.S. and was also a holiday weekend - That being Palm Sunday. Then number of UGTO that were available to be online were less because of this. As it was, I took time away from family to try and fight back.

As for faction hopping, in my opinion it should be set that if a player is in one faction (say Kluth) and they move to another (say UGTO), they are not able to move another faction for a limited period of time ( say 3 days). This is fair for all, as it prevents a player going to one faction, disabling defenses, then moving back and capping planets. Or gather intel concerning who is online and what their plans are, then moving back and taking advantage of it all.

And one final thing that I find very childish is the teasing and badgering that is done - even by UGTO members - when a clear defeat has been dealt out. And I find it even more detestable when it directed at new players who are still trying to learn the game. We all started at some point and we all learned by making mistakes. The mistakes alone are enough to deal with without having someone go on and on about it. It was that which caused me to leave the game the last time. It will not cause to me leave this time. I just wish some of you would grow up and be happy with the win without rubbing it in.

Someone spoke to me about unsportsmanlike like behavior (of another player). It is very true - there is afar too much unsportsmanlike behavior taking place lately in DarkSpace.

Oh - and don't tell me about the newbies using the beta server to learn on - it is not the same thing and anyone who has spent more than 15 minutes there would know that.

This all having been said, I will put my soapbox away and say good job to the Kluth and ICC for their (temporary) victory! You played well and fought hard.

N

Email Nutsy
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-21 14:00   
Quote:

On 2011-04-21 09:31, Nutsy wrote:

Then number of UGTO that were available to be online were less because of this.

This was by far the most pertinent point.

I've always maintained one thing, and that in this game, numbers win.

UGTO were outnumbered that day, somewhere in the order of 2:1 by K'luth. And hence we were able to outdamage them even at their depot planets.

On any normal day, UGTO would hold their ground simply because they're the faction with the most players on. ICC is negligible these days. It has become a straight on Ugs vs Bugs fight.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-21 16:08   
nope ICC still has fight. We were taking luyten last night... well untill one UN-NAMED EAD camped at mich and took fire from 3 ADs 2 LSs, 2 SSs, 2 CDs and a random assortment of smaller ship and did not lose any armor.......but thats for a different thread

[ This Message was edited by: Soulless* on 2011-04-21 16:09 ]

Email *FTL*Soulless
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-21 16:40   
Quote:

On 2011-04-21 09:31, Nutsy wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 05:41, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

To say that there is no cooperation between ICC and Kluth is a fallacy at best. And it has been admitted by many of the main plays of both factions that they do cooperate. If you want your numbers to increase in a faction, then you need to be the first to help new players and not attack or mock them. You get far more flies with honey than with vinegar.

On the day that this started, I paid attention to what factions were doing what and where. To state that ONE faction pushed UGTO out is an incorrect statement, as ICC was helping to cap planets in R33 and Luyten at the same time Kluth were. It wan not one faction but 2 that was at work to push UGTO back.

As Kluth gained the upper hand, ICC started trying to cap planets away from Kluth (because they didn't want Kluth owning all of Sag?)

And one thing that was missed - not stated at all so far - the weekend that this happened is also the weekend that started a vacation for many schools in the U.S. and was also a holiday weekend - That being Palm Sunday. Then number of UGTO that were available to be online were less because of this. As it was, I took time away from family to try and fight back.

As for faction hopping, in my opinion it should be set that if a player is in one faction (say Kluth) and they move to another (say UGTO), they are not able to move another faction for a limited period of time ( say 3 days). This is fair for all, as it prevents a player going to one faction, disabling defenses, then moving back and capping planets. Or gather intel concerning who is online and what their plans are, then moving back and taking advantage of it all.

And one final thing that I find very childish is the teasing and badgering that is done - even by UGTO members - when a clear defeat has been dealt out. And I find it even more detestable when it directed at new players who are still trying to learn the game. We all started at some point and we all learned by making mistakes. The mistakes alone are enough to deal with without having someone go on and on about it. It was that which caused me to leave the game the last time. It will not cause to me leave this time. I just wish some of you would grow up and be happy with the win without rubbing it in.

Someone spoke to me about unsportsmanlike like behavior (of another player). It is very true - there is afar too much unsportsmanlike behavior taking place lately in DarkSpace.

Oh - and don't tell me about the newbies using the beta server to learn on - it is not the same thing and anyone who has spent more than 15 minutes there would know that.

This all having been said, I will put my soapbox away and say good job to the Kluth and ICC for their (temporary) victory! You played well and fought hard.

N

this post here is ironic, a player who takes part in the trash talking and childish behavor posting about other players childish behavores. go figure

Email Borgie
nicklane1
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-21 16:45   
Quote:

On 2011-04-19 00:11, Pakhos[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-18 17:48, *Nemesis*© wrote:
i love the fact it took two factions (icc and kluth) to do it, but it will only take one faction to get it back

Dude , if all pb goes online you would be doing bricks in your pants. Just admit , ugto has 2x players than any other. You dont need to be cocky.

If all fleets were online we would all doing bricks in our pants unless we had 20 SS repairing us >.>

Email nicklane1   Goto the website of nicklane1
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-22 08:45   
Quote:

On 2011-04-21 16:45, nicklane1 wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-19 00:11, Pakhos[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-18 17:48, *Nemesis*© wrote:
i love the fact it took two factions (icc and kluth) to do it, but it will only take one faction to get it back

Dude , if all pb goes online you would be doing bricks in your pants. Just admit , ugto has 2x players than any other. You dont need to be cocky.

If all fleets were online we would all doing bricks in our pants unless we had 20 SS repairing us >.>

Meh.

If all fleets went online, we would all be playing with bricks cos the server would simply lag out and crash.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.024929 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR