No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Discuss about the skills
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Discuss about the skills
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-19 12:30   
In this topic, discuss your ideas about skills required to use specific ships.
Example:
To be a good extractor, you need to to keep your eyes open for Luth ambush while mining.
To be a good engineer, you must know why you build such structure on the planet; you build in a efficient way that the planet function ASAP; and your faction make good use of it.

Added circumstance is preferable.
Example:
When you're in a Worker, you should stay behind combat ship but close enough to repair it and support attacking the enemy when the chance comes, without doing FF.

Telling your experience is nice.

I'm opening this topic because I've heard the sentence "He/she lack the skills" many times in game. Hello, there are many ships in 3 factions, the skills ought to be different even to same type/class. State your opinion about the skills that a good pilot should have definitely help us train ourselves and draw a hint for newbie to learn.

Thanks in advance.

P/S: don't hestitate of whatever your rank is. You're free to talk.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-19 13:36   
This is going to be a flame thread so fast, just sayin'...

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-04-19 13:55   
Nunchaku skills... bowhunting skills... computer hacking skills... ICC only want pilots who have great skills!

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-04-19 14:00   
I like this thread and i had about the same idea. +props

The ICC MISSILE DREADNOUGHT:

The MD is probably the most hated ship by UGTO.

It is easy to use actually but still most pilots who just hit Vice Admiral think it is a useless ship.
That is because the MD is very squishy for a Dreadnought, it cant take much damage and it apears to be useless at short range.
Also if too small targets are aimed, almost all missiles are just dodged.

But the MD is a powerfull ship vs UGTO Dreads and espacily Stations. Fully equipped with IT- and Proton-Missiles it is a devestating, pres farming machine.
Some call it the backbone of ICCs fleet and it truely is the weapon of choice against UGTO large ships.
After some time playing most ICC pilots finaly realize that Assault Dreadnoughts
and Combat Dreadnoughts are no match for UGTOs Elite Assault Dreadnoughts or Stations.
Still many ICC players refuse to fly the MD against UGTO because they dont like this kind of ranged warfare or they just died too often, failing with the MD.
People also hate it because it is increasing the so called "lag" with all its Misiles firing.. Some people never have lag whatsoever..

Beside just smashing space bar, a MD pilot has to be very carefull not to do Friendly Fire and to be most effective, the right targets have to be chosen and to be switched all the time.
An enemy dread at full speed, crossing all the time will distract many missiles.
Any enemy ship giving PointDefense to the target will intercept most missiles.
Under fire, ship rotation and energy management (Defense mode, speed)
are crucial and will decide if the MD can shoot long enough or has to retreat early.
The same it is with the riskmanagement from where to attack and start the run; an MD to far away might fire Protons for a long time but the enemy might already be gone before your missiles impact.

Some "tweaks" for the MD:

-Vs Kluth stations or not moving Kluth Dreads, it is good to manualy target BEHIND the enemy, this way all missiles will still hit the traget (if not moving) when it is cloaking. Otherwise all Missiles will explode imediatly as soon as the target cloaks.

-If the enemy is too close it is not possible to fire missiles because they need a minimum range. Again here one may still hit the enemy by manualy aiming far enough behind him/her.

-If the MD is engaged it has to run soon. If the MD is jumped bye a Dread, a good pilot will jump about 2000- 3000 gu away, turn and open fire again. The enemy which has just jumped too is a sitting duck now.
This maneuver is quite risky, if outnumbered and not beeing able to jump into a friendly interdictor field, the MD will most likely be jumped by a third Dread and is toast.

-Small ships like the UGTO Torpedo Cruiser are the MDs nightmare, never
underestimate them.

-If farly outnumberd , a MD equipped with 2 ECM and with shields turned off at zero speed, the MD has a negative signature.
With some patience the MD may jump in, "disapear", reload the JD and then suddenly fire and just jump out again as soon as needed.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-19 14:52   
I doubt it will be a flame thread. Hopefully. Anyways.

Unfortunately, I don't like sharing trade secrets. So no contribution here.

-Ent

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-04-19 15:20   
If your in a fleet, you can post a Faction wide post? Although it does leave out those who are fleetless...

Email -Shadowalker-™
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-19 16:16   
Quote:

On 2011-04-19 12:30, chlorophyll wrote:

my skills as a luth find target, roll up too it, press v, then mash space untill one of two things happens, target dies or jumps, or i have to cloak or jump.

Email Borgie
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-19 16:18   
For mostly any standoff ship, spatial awareness, knowing how to react, and timing on weapons.

Email Sens [R33]
nicklane1
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-19 16:27   
As ICC, id tell something that can keep you in the battle much longer, but incase any faction hoppers like me are watching... And ent, i hope it wont be a flame thread either

Email nicklane1   Goto the website of nicklane1
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-19 18:24   
ICC ships should always try to engage at maximum range, where falloff and the shorter range of other factions make for pitiful damage. Note that kluth can try to close range gaps while cloaked.

UGTO ships should try to find a balance of range where the falloff of pcannons isn't too bad, and for small ships where you can still dodge enemy cannons.

Spicker
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-19 18:55   
Quote:

On 2011-04-19 16:16, Borgie (if its red its dead) wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-19 12:30, chlorophyll wrote:

my skills as a luth find target, roll up too it, press v, then mash space untill one of two things happens, target dies or jumps, or i have to cloak or jump.

+1...uuhhuuu

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-19 19:20   
Quote:

On 2011-04-19 14:52, Enterprise wrote:

-Ent

I only give advice free to Wolves now. I've tried showing things to all three of the factions, and nobody listens either way. EVER.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-19 20:49   
Awsome article on the MD. I love that ship, so in hopes of more people warming up to it, gonna add my 2bits:

1.) MD has the unique ability to shoot AROUND a planet, owning to the firing curvature of the missiles. A pilot can park just behind the edge of a planet, turn about 20 degrees from the enemy and "shoot around the corner", while staying safe from enemy fire.

2.) MD have nearly no energy weapons, so feell free to put all Weapons Multiplex on it (as u would a krill), the addtionall 42% damg will make ur enemies squrim and quiver with masochistic anticipation and die happy.

This is old news but i'll beat the dead horse and add it:

The EAD is the only ship since 1.500 that deserves the title "Assault Dread". The guy who invented this ship had to be German, cause this beast 's got BLIZTKERG!!! written all over it, in blood:

1.) All def enhnancement on it, cause it don't NEED offense enh.

2.)Next part's important: Ablative armor on the OUTSIDE, Reflective armor on the INSIDE
80% of the time ur gonna encounter knetic weapon before beams, plus this ain't 1.480, Ablative suffers no penalty against beams, reflectives still do get penalized agianst knetics. And yes, yes ablatives don't self rep. but that's what sup plats are for, right?

Weapon setup, keep QST, Proton torp on one firing circuit(call it 1),CL on 2 HCL on 3, Flux cannnon and Wave on 4. Don't fire 4 till hull, don't fire 2 till 50%hull.

Tactic/Mindset with this baby is that they can shot at u, shot at u, shot at u, shot at u, shot at u, shot at u..... and u just smile at em and keep coming.

Kluth
Not really a "Skill"
But when u got 2 fleets facing down, when my fleet is ready to charge. I sneak just my lone krill behind enemy fleet at max SI range, fire 1-2 shots, cloak. While not expecting to make any kills, a few enemy will turn and fire, and my fleet takes less dmg. The focus is occupy enemy attension and survival.

Same thing with gate battles, have one lone dread come to the other side, as about 1/2 the enemy go thoru(i.e. with station/dread fleet dread uasually go first) decloak at extrem range and snipe the stations abit, cloak, repeat. Occupy the stations as long as u can while ur fleet kills the weaker force.

May only work with me, since i pull alot of monster aggro ^_^

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-20 23:26   
Quote:

On 2011-04-19 19:20, Azreal (Ret) wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-19 14:52, Enterprise wrote:

-Ent

I only give advice free to Wolves now. I've tried showing things to all three of the factions, and nobody listens either way. EVER.

I built a full Def Mod AD off of your advice, and I never looked back .

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-21 00:14   

Gank. Numbers win.

If you don't have the numbers, go guerilla and grief/piss off the enemy.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.035819 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR