No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Bomber Frig are Awsome!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Bomber Frig are Awsome!!
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-19 18:56   
These ECM stealth bomber are super annoying and deadly effective.

I think it was the UGTO that first stated using em, not sure. Was in kluth trying hard to def against em.

and failing.

Kluth victory was almost complete at this time, all but a few stayed ugto. but basicly 3 guys, RSM steveyk, nemesis and on other (was it redbandit?) sent R33 in to chaos.

These have 3 ECM each, can't see em till about 300 gu, and about 12 sec JD recharge. They can take a Disco down with two hits <-- at this point there no stoping em, they can zip in&out faster than ur JD can charge. Planet def dosent seem to effect em at all( dont know if this is intended).

We tried all kinds of ways to get em, in Dreads, in Dressies, Scouts, Dictors. and sure we get a few of em, but they're back 2min later.

Which is the best thing about em, they're good to go STOCK.

I was about to cry faul till i tried em in ICC against UGTO planets, and it's bloody amazin, and i was assimilated. I figure evey faction can use it then it is a valiad strategy.

These combined with a few tranny rush make it even more effective, u dont even have to sit around to cap any more.
Go try em out!

Oh yah, the only thing that does seem to work is if you put plats all round the planet and they pd the bombs. but u gonna have to do that for all ur planets.

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2011-04-19 19:02 ]

Spicker
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-19 18:58   
Quote:

On 2011-04-19 18:56, Delando wrote:
These ECM stealth bomber are super annoying and deadly effective.

I think it was the UGTO that first stated using em, not sure. Was in kluth trying hard to def against em.

and failing.

Kluth victory was almost complete at this time, all but a few stayed ugto. but basicly 3 guys, RSM steveyk, nemesis and on other (was it redbandit?) sent R33 in to chaos.

These have 3 ECM each, can see em till about 300 gu, and about 12 sec JD recharge. They can take a Disco down with to hits <-- at this point u can't stop em. Planet def dosent seem to effect em at all, dont know if this is intended.

We tried all kinds of ways to get em, in Dreads, in Dressies, Scouts, Dictors. and sure we get a few of em, but they're back 2min later.

Which is the best thing about em, they're good to go STOCK.

I was about to cry faul till i tried em in ICC against UGTO planets, and it's bloody amazin, evey faction can use it then it is a valiad strategy.

These combined with a few tranny rush make it even more effective, u dont even have to sit around to cap any more.
Go try em out!

well ....thet frig still gets minus signature even with 3 SB on a rock .....

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-20 00:17   
Ecm is most used against kluth than kluth uses it against human factions. It wasnt like that before. We used to build ecm on planets so kluth can defend it. But there was cloud bombing which human faction didnt need to use any kind of sensor devices to ruin a planet. Nowadays you build an ecm base on a planet means you lose it instantly. Btw , why dont you remove ecm base option from planets?

Ahh i missed to complain!

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-20 01:22   

Well this is good news. Hope to see more mixed fleets soon.

Will try the Kluth bomber frig later.

Alex Heartnet (Rebellious Rogue)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-20 04:08   
Except that ICC planetary shields make a planet effectively immune to bomber frigate raids. A lone bomber frigate just doesn't carry enough firepower to get past the shield, forcing the frigate to pick a different target.

*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-20 04:27   
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 04:08, Alex Heartnet (Rebellious Rogue) wrote:
Except that ICC planetary shields make a planet effectively immune to bomber frigate raids. A lone bomber frigate just doesn't carry enough firepower to get past the shield, forcing the frigate to pick a different target.

I can take a shield down on my own in a bomber frigate....

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-04-20 05:02   
Lets get rid of the ECM devices from human ships. K'Luth need a stealth impunity.

Or, increase resource cost of bombs so that some EW systems can be removed from bomber frigates, which can extend to the new bomber cruisers and dreads.

Or, make frigates easier to kill. When was the last time you killed a frigate who wanted to run? Rarely, because a) they are very fast and maneuver out of destroyer (and larger) attacks well, b) they have a nice 6-plate armor and c) both frigate and scout weapons are too weak to traumatise a frigate.

Or, increase maximum platform count so that we can place 5 sensor platforms near every planet.

Ever noticed that the bomber frigate got more EW than bomber scouts? Give bomber frigates less EW, and bomber scouts more of EW.

Or make bombs heavier, so as to reduce mobility and thrust of bomber frigates. Lightning-quick ninjas are OP anyway.

Or, make EW devices more visually noticeable. Would make pointjumping them in stations easier.

Bombers should be big, fat and slow ships meant to cause a lot of damage to planets. Small bombers can do only tidbits of damage at a time, but are fast enough to return back and continue.

With all seriousness, I'm in favour of ridding the ECM from human frigates. ECM bombing is OP now, as compared to v1.5 when PD could be used by planets.

EDIT : After some thinking, I find that if planetary sensor bases had the range and strength of a station or better, AND if defense base damage was increased by 25-50%, bomber frigates will have a hard time bombing.
[ This Message was edited by: Brahmastra on 2011-04-20 08:43 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-20 05:06   
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 05:02, Brahmastra wrote:
Lets get rid of the ECM devices from human ships. K'Luth need a stealth impunity.

Or, increase resource cost of bombs so that some EW systems can be removed from bomber frigates, which can extend to the new bomber cruisers and dreads.

Or, make frigates easier to kill. When was the last time you killed a frigate who wanted to run? Rarely, because a) they are very fast and maneuver out of destroyer (and larger) attacks well, b) they have a nice 6-plate armor and c) both frigate and scout weapons are too weak to traumatise a frigate.

Or, increase maximum platform count so that we can place 5 sensor platforms near every planet.

Ever noticed that the bomber frigate got more EW than bomber scouts? Give bomber frigates less EW, and bomber scouts more of EW.

Or make bombs heavier, so as to reduce mobility and thrust of bomber frigates. Lightning-quick ninjas are OP anyway.

Bombers should be big, fat and slow ships meant to cause a lot of damage to planets. Small bombers can do only tidbits of damage at a time, but are fast enough to return back and continue.

With all serious, I'm in favour of ridding the ECM from human frigates. ECM bombing is OP now, as compared to v1.5 when PD could be used by planets.

HintHint - Or maybe bring back a few beams for the anti-bomb bases. Something is better than nothing, and still not equal to everything (lag).

Gorilla seems to be working. (yes I know I misspelled it on purpose)

Animyx
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-04-20 07:29   
bomber frigs are epic and should be kept as they are, theres no need to nerf something that doesnt need nerfing, and anyways, why are luth complaining they already have plenty of advantages of both factions, and if you want to get rid of bomber frigs luth just point jump or cloak up to the frig, decloak, and pop because its ecm lowers your sig so you decloak faster. thats one of the reasons why i hate luth, they are a little OP compared to other factions because they have cloaks, self reps, fast JDs, huge arrays of beams and torps..... the list goes on, but we UGTO, we dont have none of that, we have our Ship, our Gunz and our crew.... and we'll stick it out to the last, not cloak and run away like a coward, thats what i see luth as, cowards. one idea would be to make luth sacrifice weapons for the cloak, instead of armour, why sacrifice armour when you can rep it to full in the middle of a battle in about 2 mins? thats a stupid thing to do, remove weapons and add armour, or just remove AHR..... sorry for the rant about luth, but all that is why they have such a large number of players, it takes no skill to play as luth, all you need for luth is a V key, a J key, a mouse and a spacebar..... peace -Apoc-

[ This Message was edited by: -Apocalypse- (Lock N Load) on 2011-04-20 07:37 ]

Lock 'N' Load

Spicker
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-20 08:41   
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 07:29, -Apocalypse- (Lock N Load) wrote:
bomber frigs are epic and should be kept as they are, theres no need to nerf something that doesnt need nerfing, and anyways, why are luth complaining they already have plenty of advantages of both factions, and if you want to get rid of bomber frigs luth just point jump or cloak up to the frig, decloak, and pop because its ecm lowers your sig so you decloak faster. thats one of the reasons why i hate luth, they are a little OP compared to other factions because they have cloaks, self reps, fast JDs, huge arrays of beams and torps..... the list goes on, but we UGTO, we dont have none of that, we have our Ship, our Gunz and our crew.... and we'll stick it out to the last, not cloak and run away like a coward, thats what i see luth as, cowards. one idea would be to make luth sacrifice weapons for the cloak, instead of armour, why sacrifice armour when you can rep it to full in the middle of a battle in about 2 mins? thats a stupid thing to do, remove weapons and add armour, or just remove AHR..... sorry for the rant about luth, but all that is why they have such a large number of players, it takes no skill to play as luth, all you need for luth is a V key, a J key, a mouse and a spacebar..... peace -Apoc-

[ This Message was edited by: Phreak on 2011-04-20 08:42 ]

yea ..agree with frigs ...keep 'em as they are .
As for luth rage ...dont even deserve an answer...buw whateva' they are so many ways to counteract luth .... but u wont do that in your EAD sitting next to a 82374892759827598723-7498273498723984729837498237498273 depot rock mate.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-04-20 08:41   
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 07:29, -Apocalypse- (Lock N Load) wrote:
bomber frigs are epic and should be kept as they are, theres no need to nerf something that doesnt need nerfing, and anyways, why are luth complaining they already have plenty of advantages of both factions, and if you want to get rid of bomber frigs luth just point jump or cloak up to the frig, decloak, and pop

Hey apo, dear buddy and best teammate,
My suggestion was as a general against the 'epic' bomber frigates. When something becomes too good, to the point where it cannot be, or too difficult to be outskilled anymore, we need to bring it down from its elite status and maintain the balance of the game.

If you feel that K'Luth have an advantage against unnoticeable and frigates, think about ICC aswell. Obviously, they don't have a cloak device onboard, or even stealth equipment on a combat ship.

10 Marshals on UGTO, and 10 Commanders on ICC. If they get a bomber frigate each, and someone already took the pain of building a desolate supply platform with unlimited supply capabilities, who wins? None, because all are equal in terms of bombing with lack of skill.

2 factions bombing each others' planets will get boring soon, and will heavily incorporate the prime factor of "Numbers=Win". And the faction that destroys the other faction's shipyard will win because the frigates need only launching, everything else has been prepared for already.
Point being, what are you supposed to do against something that is very difficult to prevent or atleast counter?

Back in the 1.5 era, we used to see transports being spammed for the sake of cap, along with threads about nerfing them. If bomber frigates have a potential to be spammed similarly, is it wrong to attempt curbing such an accident?

Offtopic - this is not a place to rant about K'Luth (which comprised over 60% of your post), or any faction. Really. Try focusing on the topic.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-20 09:38   
It aint the frig thats the problem realy..its just the big flaw in the planet defence.

one frig shouldnt nor do i think was supposed to take down a planet alone.

Anyways no need to cry about something thats working, rather cry about the thing that aint working.

Animyx
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-04-20 11:19   
i agree, planet defences need to actually work, not just sit there and shoot pink blobs at you all day long and doing hardly any damage to your ship, back in the old days you couldnt just sit at a deathstar with 5 stats and cap it, you had to have bombers and trannies to cap it, but with the new cap system i think you should have to have some form of control on the planet, not just blockading it, we need to bring Inf back into the game, so fleets need to be supported by trannies, engies and bombers... its not so much the bomber frig thats Epic or OP its the planetary defences that are Under Powered or just plain trash. Peace -Apoc-

Lock 'N' Load

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-04-20 12:26   
There are plenty of ways to counter Bomber Frigates. Off the top of my head I can think of 3 that involve ships smaller than a Destroyer, and 2 that don't even involve attacking it.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-04-20 16:25   
when Raven was kluth we got 3-4 clavates to surround a planet and all simultaneously decloak, start ECM, and bomb. you can wipe the planet of inf in a few seconds.

but anyways

rebuff missile frigs!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026036 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR