- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Bomber Frig are Awsome!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Bomber Frig are Awsome!!
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-20 17:50   
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 08:41, Phreak wrote:
yea ..agree with frigs ...keep 'em as they are .
As for luth rage ...dont even deserve an answer...buw whateva' they are so many ways to counteract luth .... but u wont do that in your EAD sitting next to a 82374892759827598723-7498273498723984729837498237498273 depot rock mate.

Every faction depo hugs on the defensive, don't deny it.

And just because UGTO have armor doesn't mean they are the best at depos, luth and ICC have other tricks to use depos.

Luth: Fighters have low sig base, cloak when losing hull to repair and avoid death.

ICC: Missile spam, small ships are great at harassing at max range.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-20 20:32   
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 17:50, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Every faction depo hugs on the defensive, don't deny it.

And just because UGTO have armor doesn't mean they are the best at depos, luth and ICC have other tricks to use depos.

Luth: Fighters have low sig base, cloak when losing hull to repair and avoid death.

ICC: Missile spam, small ships are great at harassing at max range.

Every faction hugs to a certain extent on the defensive, that's true. But by virtue of their armor, UGTO relies on depots the most.

So this might be a good tip for would be assaults on UGTO planets. Get a couple of cheap and dispensible bomber frigs and hit the planet's power from any other side while the main body of your fleet is hitting the Uggies.

If it works well, let's hope the Devs don't capitulate to the Uggy QQ and nerf the bombers, like what happened to the missile frigs.

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-20 22:06   
UPDATE
This is mainly from testing methods and counters:

1.)Dictors are easily taken down, 2-3 solvos from a frig. However, it can also be easily repair/rebuild with a Engi, seems to take around 15-20 min to recover. <--- not certain on this, steveyk should have more accurate data, if he's willing to share.

2.)Surounding important planets evenly with Sensor plat does counter frig bombing and tranny effectively. (Not sure if this is intended, but they seem to PING and fire at my frig, even when i'm cloaked) Yet again it's time consuming.

3.) I ordered AIs to Defend target planet against ugto frig bombing to some degree of success. Bombs gets pd, and frigs have very low armor. Made bombing runs very exciting!

4.) Bomber frigs can carry 2 infs, when set to RAZE and combat droped on specific targets (dictor, SY, Power,Food) It creats 2 effects, first it damgs the building, then lures enemy inf from all over the planet to u, for u to bomb.

To end, i would like to say few words:
1st, this was originally a RSM creation i believe. But either way please please try it out at least once before posting.

Personally, this opened up a completely new aspect of the game for me: bombing runs at 25gu/sec, combat droping RAZE infs on vital target, near-DEATH escapes from AI. i can't remember the last time i had this much fun, let alone in Bomber frig (scoffs)

Whether the use of this tactic or counter against it demands u NOT use a dread or station. It gives small ship a solid place in fleet warfare. (I.E. making a stealthy F-117 style strike to disable a disco field for an invading force! which i did today, the tactic works well)

It has the potential to cure DreadSpace and/or encourage new player education <---if u don't want ur high ranked player stuck the bomber frig rather than the station.

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2011-04-20 22:31 ]

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-20 23:22   
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 16:25, Lark (Retired) wrote:
when Raven was kluth we got 3-4 clavates to surround a planet and all simultaneously decloak, start ECM, and bomb. you can wipe the planet of inf in a few seconds.

but anyways

rebuff missile frigs!

I agree with Larky (shame I wasn't around for the clavate fun though ) . Ugto and ICC both had the same ship, yet because ICC got more use out of it (vs ugto station spam) it was nerfed.

Also, wanna beat bomber frigs? Pulse shield. End of story. Not ICC? Go hug a planet or hide or whatever it is you lesser factions do .

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-21 06:57   
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 23:22, Reznor wrote:
Quote:

I agree with Larky (shame I wasn't around for the clavate fun though ) . Ugto and ICC both had the same ship, yet because ICC got more use out of it (vs ugto station spam) it was nerfed.

Also, wanna beat bomber frigs? Pulse shield. End of story. Not ICC? Go hug a planet or hide or whatever it is you lesser factions do .

it still took 4-5 MFs firing at a single shroom to bring it down. Don't forget the Supply.

Scanner should be readdded to the EW tree. Its annoying to have those 3 ECMs and then the scanner that has no use when you are trying to AVOID the enemy not find them

Email *FTL*Soulless
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-21 08:04   
bomber frigs are really easy to track and kill under there ecm

Email Borgie
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-21 14:04   
Quote:

On 2011-04-21 08:04, Borgie (if its red its dead) wrote:

Especially if they keep still. Same for the MFs.

I remember them always keeping still a couple of thousand GUs out, ECMs on, pelting distant stations or dreads with their missiles. And they didn't realize that a cloaked K'luth dread was bearing down on them in cloak, using their ECM rings and/or missile trails to locate their position. ECM also helped K'luth instafire immediately after decloak.

Usually a one-shot deal.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-21 14:40   
Quote:

On 2011-04-21 14:04, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-21 08:04, Borgie (if its red its dead) wrote:

Especially if they keep still. Same for the MFs.

I remember them always keeping still a couple of thousand GUs out, ECMs on, pelting distant stations or dreads with their missiles. And they didn't realize that a cloaked K'luth dread was bearing down on them in cloak, using their ECM rings and/or missile trails to locate their position. ECM also helped K'luth instafire immediately after decloak.

Usually a one-shot deal.

those MF were so awsome. too bad the huggies QQ so much and now there as babout as goththug in a combat ship.

Email Borgie
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-21 14:52   
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 23:22, Reznor wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 16:25, Lark (Retired) wrote:
when Raven was kluth we got 3-4 clavates to surround a planet and all simultaneously decloak, start ECM, and bomb. you can wipe the planet of inf in a few seconds.

but anyways

rebuff missile frigs!

Bet Missile Frigates were nerfed because of me. All day you would hear UGTO QQing in /yell because I would be always there chipping away at them with it. Tracking them when they jumped away in a dread with low health before being finished off by a meer frigate.

UGTO hated me for when I was on ICC in a missile frigate. Because they refused to get out of their stations and dreads. One of the UGTO said I was ruining the game because I kept picking on his station. It was lovely.

But instead of countering it as they could of been. They simply just QQ'd and got their way.

[ This Message was edited by: Azure Prower on 2011-04-21 15:52 ]

Alex Heartnet (Rebellious Rogue)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-21 17:59   
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 04:27, *Nemesis*© wrote:
I can take a shield down on my own in a bomber frigate....

Given enough time and a supply platform, possibly. But whenever I try to bomb a shielded planet with an ICC bomber frigate, the shield replunishes itself by the time I reload my bombs. Maybe UGTO and Luth bombers are better at this then ICC bombs? Either way, trying to bomb past the shield allows for more time for the defending fleet to get their head in the game and send ships your way to drive you off.

Dropping raze inf on the shield generator? I can see that working, but I can also see the defending infantry saving the shield generator, and the still-functional shield foiling your bombing attempts on the infantry.

Regardless, I feel the current bombing mechanic is far better then the the old 'tranny spam' mechanic. One has to move their frigate into posistion, carefully look at the planet to see which buildings would be best to hit, and generally staying around long enough for the defending fleet to do something about it. Much more preferable then having a transport simpally jump in, drop infantry, then jump out, often against planets that have a fleet actively trying to protecting it.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-22 08:13   
Quote:

On 2011-04-21 17:59, Alex Heartnet (Rebellious Rogue) wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-20 04:27, *Nemesis*© wrote:
I can take a shield down on my own in a bomber frigate....

Given enough time and a supply platform, possibly. But whenever I try to bomb a shielded planet with an ICC bomber frigate, the shield replunishes itself by the time I reload my bombs. Maybe UGTO and Luth bombers are better at this then ICC bombs? Either way, trying to bomb past the shield allows for more time for the defending fleet to get their head in the game and send ships your way to drive you off.

Dropping raze inf on the shield generator? I can see that working, but I can also see the defending infantry saving the shield generator, and the still-functional shield foiling your bombing attempts on the infantry.

Regardless, I feel the current bombing mechanic is far better then the the old 'tranny spam' mechanic. One has to move their frigate into posistion, carefully look at the planet to see which buildings would be best to hit, and generally staying around long enough for the defending fleet to do something about it. Much more preferable then having a transport simpally jump in, drop infantry, then jump out, often against planets that have a fleet actively trying to protecting it.

nems just full of it, when ugto do bomb they have a supplies with em.

Email Borgie
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-22 16:22   
What makes bomber fri awesome?
  • It's free.
  • 2x faster than bomber scout.
  • 3 ECMs, 30gu/s speed and frigate hull. Wonderful surviving ability and able to bomb alone without worry.

When bomber frigate is out, I immidiately recognize this is the only bombing ship I may use, beside command dread.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-23 03:07   

Bomber frigs are good for swift disabling attacks on a planet's power to take out the dico or depots.

It's perfect when the planet's undefended or when the defenders are being attacked by the main body of your fleet. Not very useful when they have stations and dreads covering.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-04-23 05:15   
"And just because UGTO have armor doesn't mean they are the best at depos, luth and ICC have other tricks to use depos."

umm.... YES IT DOES!

its simple;

1. ugto have most HP/armor
2. ugto have most armor
3. depos repair all armor at same time % regardless of actual HP.

UGTO currently (due to depo crap) are the defensive faction.
UGTO with a couple of range enhancments can become the range faction.

Poor... Poor icc.. Where is their nich? Oh yea.. Small ships... Ha hahaha

and yes, bomber friggy is ROXOR!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.038951 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR