Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » for icc players...everyone else scram!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author for icc players...everyone else scram!
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-04-24 02:39   
ICC stations are very nich. they serve as forward opperational bases, or secret resupply bases. Not as planetary assault.
They are only good if you have a fleet of assorted ships to go with them.... or overwhelming numbers.

The one thing i must say to icc about their stations, DO NOT ROTATE YOUR SHEILDS IN STATION>

the outer layer is aux sheild generators... its 1/2 of the hp of active. And active is about 1/2 of armore HP. (based on my observations.)

When you rotate sheild in a station, it puts your 1% of active enrgy into 1% of aux sheild energy... affectivly halfing your defence. DONT DO IT>

just rotate your ship like the rest of em.

ICC stations have;
4x aux sheild gen
4x active sheild gen
1x omni dir armor

UGTO have (i could be mistaken.. i flew a BS for like 2 minutes 3 months ago);

4x st armor
1x omni dir armor

These two, in my openion, are equal in defensive HP.
ICC stations have higher resistance to damage. (more affective def HP in this way)

UGTO stations can repair 5 units of armor at once.

ICC can only repair one unit of armor, but have defence mode.

So with this in mind, so far ugto stn = icc stn until, you factor in the energy requirments of both.

ICC stations sheilds, defence mode, and missiles all draw on the ships energy supply. If you add moving into this mix, it dies horribly.

UGTO stations are not limited by energy for defence, and can tank armor repair without having to sacrifice energy as well. Therefor they are mobile.

In an endurance fight, UGTO will win every time. Thus, ICC do not deploy stations in mass as UGTO does. Its simply just not as affective. Has nothing to do with ICC honor.

Thank you, ill be here all week.

++ on another note, im thinking of starting an ICCE fleet. ICC Elite.
The fleet would be to teach those who are willing and able to learn, the more finite details of ICC combat. I need a good panel of officers, Old Vets with outstanding service to ICC, to help teach. Please post up if something like this intrests you.++

this is not something i want to be alone in trying to do. Think of it as an ICC acadamy.
Or, if you prefer, i dont need to be a part of it at all.. But ICC REALLY NEEDS HELP! They need this now more than ever.
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*FTL* on 2011-04-24 02:58 ]

Aaron Lienhardt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-24 07:09   
Most people leave icc to be UGTO cause like jamesbob said they are powerful at close range or they leave to be kluth because they love the cloaking device.

but like most people said,with great teamwork one AD and one HC can stand to 2 dreads easily.

anyway for those who remember yesterday's battle icc won most of the rounds

Yes!!! we got here before the damn luthies!! who wants to celebrate?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-24 08:42   
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 07:09, Allen star *SCO2*(COPS) wrote:
Most people leave icc to be UGTO cause like jamesbob said they are powerful at close range or they leave to be kluth because they love the cloaking device.

but like most people said,with great teamwork one AD and one HC can stand to 2 dreads easily.

anyway for those who remember yesterday's battle icc won most of the rounds

Don't worry. U guys still rock and will pwn the MV.

.... especially after the other 2 factions have logged for the day.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-24 10:05   
Quote:
On 2011-04-23 10:57, *Flash* wrote:
ppl are leaving icc coz they like the easy way.

TBH, control ICC ship is easier than UGTO. UGTO is actually the hardest faction to survive during a fight without repairing support I think.

merebear
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-24 10:44   
I like people thinking we are all noobs, then they make mistakes!!

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-04-24 11:17   
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 10:05, chlorophyll wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-04-23 10:57, *Flash* wrote:
ppl are leaving icc coz they like the easy way.

TBH, control ICC ship is easier than UGTO. UGTO is actually the hardest faction to survive during a fight without repairing support I think.

lies and slander
ugto for the past....hmmm half a year now? have been camping bolth the fargo gate and luyten gate leading into icc territory,you cant win aginst ugto while they gate camp unless you have superior numbers and by superior i mean atleast twice the numbers they just sit and wait and then gank you while you wait for lag pfs or whatever to catch up with your computer *its your computer* "backslash quote" ahem my point is ive quit the game completely because of this,screw fargo and its gate and everyone that injoys fighting there this game is dead who even decided to make this post anyway icc is dead the entire faction got tired of there nibblies getting hard everytime they got a spanking from a gate camping faction so they all took the easy route and left *not to mention anyone inparticular* there cant be balance when there are no numbers and even when we have that there cant be balance when f lets factions use his gates as lag weapons to exploit for a win and yes i'em rampling how could you tell? icc is dead good going ugto injoy the butt pirate faction there all you got now besides a few die hard icc

to all those who took the time to read this:

oh and for my original quote on whoever,ugto is the strongest faction they dont need repair or bla bla bla to win they dont even need the gate aslong as they atleast match the other faction there fighting in numbers there almost guaranteed the win luth have to get into packs to take one person out then track it down like a dog to kill it and icc have to be in packs of atleast 2 in order to kill an ead ....unless the pilot is a retard but lets not go there nem

dont like my punctiation or spelling? call 1-800 kiss my little white arse
[ This Message was edited by: Aaron[+R] on 2011-04-24 11:27 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-04-24 13:18   
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 02:39, Defiance*FTL* wrote:
The one thing i must say to icc about their stations, DO NOT ROTATE YOUR SHEILDS IN STATION>

the outer layer is aux sheild generators... its 1/2 of the hp of active. And active is about 1/2 of armore HP. (based on my observations.)

When you rotate sheild in a station, it puts your 1% of active enrgy into 1% of aux sheild energy... affectivly halfing your defence. DONT DO IT>

just rotate your ship like the rest of em.

Aux shields are horrid and should be immediately replaced with aux reactors for any ship that spawns with them. Doing this with Stations lets you effectively use defense mode during combat for a while, especially with the SCB, unless you're burning energy spamming beams.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-24 16:36   
The most effective way to shield tank in an ICC station is to simply remove the aux shield from your "tanking" arc and rotate to it. It will give you the most shield power over time without too much energy drain as opposed to 4 aux generators.

Email Sens [R33]
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-24 18:21   
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 01:25, jamesbob wrote:

FLEET SUPPORT GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD.

Most of the time there IS NO FLEET.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-25 02:57   
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 18:21, iwancoppa wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 01:25, jamesbob wrote:

FLEET SUPPORT GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD.

Most of the time there IS NO FLEET.

so that means the only 2 factions that know how to use their ai as meatshields is the ugto and kluth.

don't insult your self further by posting again

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-04-25 09:43   
Quote:

On 2011-04-25 02:57, jamesbob wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 18:21, iwancoppa wrote:
c-c-c-combo breaker

so that means the only 2 factions that know how to use their ai as meatshields is the ugto and kluth.

don't insult your self further by posting again

your one to talk james

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2011-04-25 09:46 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.025568 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR