No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [Suggestion] EWAS improvement
 Author [Suggestion] EWAS improvement
Animyx
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-04-24 10:51   
I think EWAS should have a much longer range than they currently do, which is like 5k Gu, and their ECCMs hardly do anything so i think they should be equipped with a scanner, not ECCM.
It would mean that the EWAS would be a useful long-range scout that, when coupled with bomber fighters might actually do some serious damage to a planet. this would also help fleets plan attacks on certain targets and not have to waste a high ranked player in a small scout ship. it would be great to sit 10k Gu from a planet with a few Command stats and a couple of Agincourts spamming bombers at a planet. it would also make scouting a system far easier, just send one EWAS to each planet to check it out, they would still take a while to get there and a vunerable to PD. any chance this could be implemented??. peace -Apoc-

Lock 'N' Load

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-24 10:53   
How about we just remove all the fighters away from player ships? That works!

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-24 11:21   
taking a planet is already stupid easy, and now you wanna bomb a planet from 10k away?

Email Borgie
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-04-24 11:33   
EWAS/SRR range is well over 10k. It appears like 5k because you cannot select a projectile beyond 5k (they still function as normal though. Try sending a EWAS to an ally 11k away from you, you won't be able to see it at 5-6k but after that you can select it again).

Swapping ECCM for scanner is a very good idea. It will improve the fleet function of carriers.

+1 to this.

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-04-24 11:39   
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 11:21, Borgie wrote:
taking a planet is already stupid easy, and now you wanna bomb a planet from 10k away?

are you surprised borgie? easy isent easy enouph

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-04-24 11:41   
atleat this would be a simple fix (not like it would ever happen)
but props for giveing a simple sujestion instead of one that would take months to comlete like some other jack arse

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-04-24 13:35   
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 10:51, -Apocalypse- (Lock N Load) wrote:
it would be great to sit 10k Gu from a planet with a few Command stats and a couple of Agincourts spamming bombers at a planet.

For about a week anyway, then ICC would start doing it and UGTO would whine unceasingly and get bomber fighters nerfed to near uselessness just like with PSM and Sparrows.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-24 13:50   
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 13:35, Talien wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 10:51, -Apocalypse- (Lock N Load) wrote:
it would be great to sit 10k Gu from a planet with a few Command stats and a couple of Agincourts spamming bombers at a planet.

For about a week anyway, then ICC would start doing it and UGTO would whine unceasingly and get bomber fighters nerfed to near uselessness just like with PSM and Sparrows.

You forgot that UGTO is the carrier faction? You can spam command carriers, but we can have vice admirals in carriers and agincourts.

You forgot that psm still could 1 hit buildings until the hp increases that came with the new capture system? (psm was actually buffed, never nerfed until deemed needed by the new system, it didn't get nerfed because of QQ)

The sparrow was nerfed from QQ, but mostly because you can deny the sparrow from shooting much, but never kill it if they are smart.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-04-24 14:13   
I love this suggestion.

+1

i used to use a scout with scannner to find enemy hidden supply bases. If this happens then i can use a carrier and check many directions at once. I like

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-04-24 14:26   
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 13:50, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
You forgot that UGTO is the carrier faction? You can spam command carriers, but we can have vice admirals in carriers and agincourts.

You forgot that psm still could 1 hit buildings until the hp increases that came with the new capture system? (psm was actually buffed, never nerfed until deemed needed by the new system, it didn't get nerfed because of QQ)

The sparrow was nerfed from QQ, but mostly because you can deny the sparrow from shooting much, but never kill it if they are smart.

No, I didn't forget UGTO has the best Carriers, but all it would take to stop them would be a couple Sensor Frigates fitted with ECCM and pulse beams flying around the area. Or if someone was really bored, an AC/AD fitted with pulse beams sitting next to the planet.

PSM were never able to 1 shot any building, and 1 MD alone couldn't do much in the brief time it would be firing before being swarmed by BD/EAD/Shrooms. Like with anything else it took multiple MDs to flatten a planet, but now PSM can't even kill inf, let alone take out buildings anywhere near as effectively as mirvs. All they're really good for now is reducing pop but a couple Frigates with Neutrons do that better.

MF/HF were absurdly easy to kill. All it took was 1 ECCM ship, 1 Interdictor, and a close/mid range combat ship to wipe out the 4 or 5 ECMed missile ships and scatter any that happened to survive. Or if you were Kluth just uncloak next to them and open fire, which would happen near instantly because of all the ECM.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-24 17:22   
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 14:26, Talien wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 13:50, SpaceAdmiral wrote:

No, I didn't forget UGTO has the best Carriers, but all it would take to stop them would be a couple Sensor Frigates fitted with ECCM and pulse beams flying around the area. Or if someone was really bored, an AC/AD fitted with pulse beams sitting next to the planet.

PSM were never able to 1 shot any building, and 1 MD alone couldn't do much in the brief time it would be firing before being swarmed by BD/EAD/Shrooms. Like with anything else it took multiple MDs to flatten a planet, but now PSM can't even kill inf, let alone take out buildings anywhere near as effectively as mirvs. All they're really good for now is reducing pop but a couple Frigates with Neutrons do that better.

MF/HF were absurdly easy to kill. All it took was 1 ECCM ship, 1 Interdictor, and a close/mid range combat ship to wipe out the 4 or 5 ECMed missile ships and scatter any that happened to survive. Or if you were Kluth just uncloak next to them and open fire, which would happen near instantly because of all the ECM.

1. I did forget about pulse lasers, good point.

2. The day before the patch (the period of time where you proly didn't play) I had 1 UGTO missile cruiser in scenario flatten enemy structures in 1-2 psms, 3-4 also shuts down any nearby buildings. This was balanced out because they were easily shot down by point defense on planets, but good players time it so that pd hits your AR/IT missiles and not psms. My alt also did this to a UGTO planet in the mv. They were buffed, then nerfed with the new system capture patch as no pdd is there to stop them.

3. In Starcraft mutalisks(fast flying units, relatively expensive) tend to bunch up, which caused an aoe antiair unit to kill a whole bunch at once. Mutalisk users in response spread out their mutalisks to minimize any splash damage. Missile frigates can easily not bunch up, causing you to need 3 ships to stop 1-2 frigates while the other 2-4 could continue firing or jump out. 2 frigates was more than enough ecm to cover you up before sparrow nerf. This, plus that era's retarded point defense system, made it near impossible to completely stop them. With this current point defense however, we could try to buff the missile a bit.

EDIT: Starcraft habits, called point defense pdd.
[ This Message was edited by: SpaceAdmiral on 2011-04-24 17:23 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-04-24 18:10   
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 17:22, SpaceAdmiral wrote:

1. I did forget about pulse lasers, good point.

2. The day before the patch (the period of time where you proly didn't play) I had 1 UGTO missile cruiser in scenario flatten enemy structures in 1-2 psms, 3-4 also shuts down any nearby buildings. This was balanced out because they were easily shot down by point defense on planets, but good players time it so that pd hits your AR/IT missiles and not psms. My alt also did this to a UGTO planet in the mv. They were buffed, then nerfed with the new system capture patch as no pdd is there to stop them.

3. In Starcraft mutalisks(fast flying units, relatively expensive) tend to bunch up, which caused an aoe antiair unit to kill a whole bunch at once. Mutalisk users in response spread out their mutalisks to minimize any splash damage. Missile frigates can easily not bunch up, causing you to need 3 ships to stop 1-2 frigates while the other 2-4 could continue firing or jump out. 2 frigates was more than enough ecm to cover you up before sparrow nerf. This, plus that era's retarded point defense system, made it near impossible to completely stop them. With this current point defense however, we could try to buff the missile a bit.

I don't remember PSM being that effective, but yes, it's true I had stopped playing for a while so I don't know if they'd been altered during that time or not.

Most people had MFs in close groups because it was easier for a supply ship to reload everyone, and the ECM covered the supply ship too. Sometimes we'd just build a couple supply plats and jump back and forth for reloads if nobody wanted to fly supply, in which case we usually were spread out more, but most often we had one person volunteer to reload everyone else so there were 4-5 MFs and a supply ship all in a small area. But yeah, we would have come up with other tactics to spread out further if anyone had bothered to use ECCM/Interdictor to hunt us down but it never happened, the most we had to deal with was the occasional Scout, Frigate, or Destroyer working alone.

Page created in 0.026666 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR