No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [Suggestion] Escape Shuttles
 Author [Suggestion] Escape Shuttles
Animyx
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-04-24 11:27   
Earlier today i had a great brainwave, what if there was an alternative to self destructing?

I pondered this question for a while and decided it would be great to have a way to "abandon ship". this option would have a 5 second timer like self destructing but instead of blowing up your ship it ejects you into space in a small vessel named an "escape shuttle".

This shuttle has 1 single SCL thats used for PD and a small sublight drive and is about the size of a corvette, it has no jump drive and has a maximum speed of 35-50 gu/s.

This "Escape shuttle" can be picked up by friendly players and can be destroyed by enemies, when its destroyed or picked up you are taken to the ship select screen and are free to spawn another ship.

however if it is not picked up or destroyed you can go to a shipyard and dock yourself, or wait out 5 minutes in which you will be automatically put into the ship select screen. It could also bemade so AIs will pick up the shuttles of friendly players.

Using the "abandon ship" option will not lose you any prestige and destroying an enemy pod will not gain you any prestige, and when you do abandon ship you will leave behind a husk that will say Abandoned-DREAD instead of UGTO-DREAD or ICC-DREAD and so on... this husk will be capturable by any faction and can also be destroyed which grants the normal amount of prestige to players attacking an enemy ship. the ship
diamond will also be yellow instead of red or green. The husk will just float in space for up to 10 minutes when it automatically self destructs or just dissapears.

But if it is captured it only gives 0.5 ships captures presige instead of the normal 1 prestige, and then it will function as a normal captured AI ship, however a husk that has been abandoned by a friendly player cannot be captured by the friendly team as they will want to destroy it, and sending infantry aboard will just make the husk blow up. it could also be possible to send AI transport to "capture" a husk and they will travel to the husk and drop infantry onto it.

And also when a frienly player picks up a friendly pod they must have one or more free cargo slots and they gain 1 normal infantry. And husks are only left behind by ships destroyer Class and above, basically any ship that costs resources to build, as activating this option in a ship that costs no resources to build will automatically self destruct the ship with the normal 10 sec timer.

Any feedback, feel free to share. Peace -Apoc-
[ This Message was edited by: -Apocalypse- (Lock N Load) on 2011-04-24 11:27 ]

Lock 'N' Load

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-04-24 11:36   
this has been talked about before and it got shot down faster then that mosk in new york

to much time that the *free* moderators and developers dont have yes i sead free nobody ever thinks about that they just snap there fingers and then go crying to mommy when backslash and the others say no

there not obligated to do shife!

this will never happen!

no your not stupid im not saying that!....altho you could look up older posts before posting about something thats been up before

and no i'm not defending the mods they dont need it i just get tired of people puting up idea that OBVIOUSLY will never happen a little ship that fly's around when your big one blows up...hmm can others kill the little pod who's doing all the codeing for that who's gonna make the ship we dont have a game designer and they alwasy tell kenny to kick rocks who's gonna keep all the other bugs in check while the entire team tries to hammer this idea out NOBODY we dont have a full teal there free FA FA FA FA FREEEEEEEEE they dont have the time for your idea they never will neva neva neva deal with it your lucky they even take the time to keep this game running and yes they go out of there way constanly for this game and all of you

but what the hell give your ideas and cry and complain when they say no because they honestly dont have the time for thangs like this

try something smaller next time you have an idea mkay?

sorry for sounding rude

and no i'm not defending anyone its just how it is your welcome for hamering it in there for the 100th time

Animyx
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-04-24 11:46   
I love you too.... this is a suggestion btw not something that i want to be done now, just something that could possibly be put into the game in the future, like if this game gets more players that buy creds so the devs can actually get paid so they actually do work (not saying they dont). this doesnt have to be implemented today, next week, next year, next decade... i dont care, its just a possiblility for the future.... thats what all suggestions are, not saying "I want this done now!!!" i know the situation the devs are in, they dont get paid, they do it for free...

[ This Message was edited by: -Apocalypse- (Lock N Load) on 2011-04-24 11:52 ]

Lock 'N' Load

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-04-24 11:57   
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 11:46, -Apocalypse- (Lock N Load) wrote:
I love you too.... this is a suggestion btw not something that i want to be done now, just something that could possibly be put into the game in the future, like if this game gets more players that buy creds so the devs can actually get paid so they actually do work (not saying they dont). this doesnt have to be implemented today, next week, next year, next decade... i dont care, its just a possiblility for the future.... thats what all suggestions are, not saying "I want this done now!!!" i know the situation the devs are in, they dont get paid, they do it for free...

[ This Message was edited by: -Apocalypse- (Lock N Load) on 2011-04-24 11:52 ]

thank you so much for seeng it bolth ways love

but to make myself more clear i remember the last post on this and it go shot down pretty damn hard even if they had the time money and drugs*ahem legal drugs :}* to do this they wouldent its just not for darkspace game play plus it would take more time for people to get another ship and you can imagine the complaints on that
but again thank you for being resonable and not starting a flame war like some people i know *couph borgie*

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-24 12:54   
sounds like someone has had a bad day... *looks at Aaron*

[ This Message was edited by: GA Soulless on 2011-04-24 12:54 ]

Email *FTL*Soulless
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-04-24 13:01   
No-one wants to get blown up, then blown up again. It won't happen because it doesn't fit well within the game's general design or gameplay.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-04-24 14:16   
Using the "abandon ship" option will not lose you any prestige and destroying an enemy pod will not gain you any prestige, and when you do abandon ship you will leave behind a husk that will say Abandoned-DREAD instead of UGTO-DREAD or ICC-DREAD

so... you... want... a press denial button?

NO! NEVOR! Death is already meaningless enuff without this craptonic shista.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2011-04-24 16:29   
Its easy enough to blow up the escape pod to make the enemy lose press, and then destroy the empty hull because it doesnt fight back anyway. That said, i think its just a bad idea. Escape pods in space makes no sense unless your ship gets destroyed by some weird malfunction and not an enemy vessel.

Cosgrove
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-24 17:14   
I support this idea, you would still gain pres from destroying it he said, so theres no pres denial. besides, the game needs SOMETHING new.

Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-24 20:46   
"All hands abandon ship!!!" the Admiral runs for the lift. The captain in her chair looks up. "Abandon to what, sir?" "Why the escape shuttle's or escape pods!?!?!" "We have none sir."

This was shot down a long time ago.

Email Admiral C. Wilson
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-24 21:25   
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 17:14, Shall'kar Yin'Gadark wrote:
I support this idea, you would still gain pres from destroying it he said, so theres no pres denial. besides, the game needs SOMETHING new.

about let let the devs just fix the current issues with the game before wasting there times with pointless ones like this.

Email Borgie
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-24 22:12   

Agree with Borg.

This would be a superfluous addition to the game. I'd rather have more weapon types and the cruisers and above refactored ASAP.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-25 03:22   
Quote:

On 2011-04-24 11:46, -Apocalypse- (Lock N Load) wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2011-04-25 03:24 ]

yes so say the 99 before you its a suggestion that has been done to death.

its about as anorying as flint12 newservices/storys (and i vomit for even considering his crap even in those status) that just flood the fourms.

The_Enforcer (The Vindicator)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-25 13:35   
I made the same idea, but it was a escape pod idea, shot down too, so welcome to the club buddy

Page created in 0.026006 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR