Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Transfer Gates
 Author Transfer Gates
Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-04-24 12:11   
stupid idea feel free to call me stupid for it stupids....i love you backslash :}

remove the gates for a week and make it so you only loose fuel inside systems not inbetween you may have to chech the distance inbetween the systems of leave it how it is

you would imagine that people would injoy it more if nobody new where they were comeing from EVER dont get me wrong every once and a while people will sneak into a system but how often does that happen its always the gates

just remove every gate accept for home system transfer gates obviously we need those and make is how it would really be in space where you jump anywhere to attack wit the ellement of surprise why should luth have that all the time and not the other factions make it so you dont loose fuel inbetween system and makethe distance inbetween shorter so it dosent take 5 minates to cross or leave it how it is just because it might take to much time and try that out people can use the maps just fine

i just want to see gate camping destroyed puting a safe zone around gates wouldent help anythang you would just help the lag problem when people cross or whatever you want to call it when the ENTIRE GAME FREEZES BECAUSE SOME JACK HOFFS ARE SITTING RIHGT THERE LIKE A PACK OF HUNGRY PIGS READY TO EAT THERE OWN MASTER ahem and make it so factions never know where the enemy will hit EVER makeing them rethink defences and where to be at all times instead of EVERYONE TO THE GATE THERE MASSING ON THE OTHER SIDE that gets so damned old and yes i'm a complete ass for my earlier comments and then pitching this to everyone but ohwell i dont think nemesis is on today so the blowback wont be as funny as it usually is but ohwell i can take a joke bring it on

who wants gates thrown into ciber hell and make the voids inbetween the systems freeze your fuel loss

and who wats more of the same where people gate camp fargo and luyten waiting like hungry dogs for something to happen

imagine it no more fargo unless you actually need the damn planet on and my punctuation and grammer is crap so feel free to put me down for it you know who you are
[ This Message was edited by: Aaron[+R] on 2011-04-24 12:14 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-04-24 13:29   
Interesting idea, but it won't happen I'm sure. Something else equally interesting but non-feasible would be make gates a structure that you have to actively use (ctrl+u) and have people choose where they exit within a certain range.

| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-24 13:35   
so every time i want to jump 1k infront i will just CTRL point to another system and cancel my jump 1k infront ... free fuel!

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-24 13:45   
We're talking about jumps lasting proly a minute or over.

Basically it would be those text based games saying:

Jumping to Destination
00:05:28

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-04-24 14:24   
use a Worm Hole drive.

one thing though, Enemy should not be able to see enemy wormhole end exept the one thats near them.

seems to me like every time a wh appears on the screen i can see it no matter where it is, and i can see both ends of it. LAME

fix WH

problems

1. Sometimes does not work at all

2. if you WH out of an enemy dictor, your still dictored on the other side even if its in the middle of space. (3 weeks ago at least)

3. Enemy can see both ends of WH no matter how far away they are from it. This ruins suprise.

4. Enemy is free to manuver through wh with you. (only a slight irritation)

FA Nelson.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-24 16:22   
i think its a very good idea to have to jump the system void and being able to use a wh across that distance

and yes i find it a very intresting idea that should be looked into by the developers

Email FA Nelson.
Cosgrove
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-24 17:23   
it would certainly give Command Dreds a purpose, i dont see lots of players in those.

Page created in 0.030012 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR