No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » RL Darkspace merchandise
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author RL Darkspace merchandise
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-29 16:53   
Quote:

On 2011-04-28 19:05, Pakhos[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-28 19:04, Azreal (Ret) wrote:
I have a shirt and poster with the Wolf logo. But I'M an artist, so.....

Now you are taking this game too seriously.

nah a tattoo of his fleet logo would be too serious

Email Borgie
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-30 14:14   
Thinking about this.....

I know how to do moldwork for plastic injection molding. Most of the time I have a machine open to do whaterver I want to. I do all kinds of side crap. I also have a generous sized scrap heap to pull crap materials from to play with...

anyways, my point is, I wonder how hard it would be to run up a series of scaled plastic collectors models.

And then that got me thinking of something else. I am going to school for animation right now. I started thinking about this and it made me REALLY REALLY want to do a stop-motion animation series....

I am already playing around with something for one of my classes that I'm basing on my squad and the ds universe. I needed an idea for something and this was convenient for me

but I really wonder...what if DS had even an internet cartoon? Looking through the history, I can come up a thousand plotlines that would kick tail.

I'd be all over it if I knew 3d animation, but I am not there yet. A few more quarters before I learn that. Stop motion is easy, fast and economic after the initial models and sets are made though. Eh. I don't know sound yet either. But all in due time....

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-30 19:14   
Quote:

On 2011-04-30 14:14, Azreal (Ret) wrote:
Thinking about this.....

I know how to do moldwork for plastic injection molding. Most of the time I have a machine open to do whaterver I want to. I do all kinds of side crap. I also have a generous sized scrap heap to pull crap materials from to play with...

anyways, my point is, I wonder how hard it would be to run up a series of scaled plastic collectors models.

And then that got me thinking of something else. I am going to school for animation right now. I started thinking about this and it made me REALLY REALLY want to do a stop-motion animation series....

I am already playing around with something for one of my classes that I'm basing on my squad and the ds universe. I needed an idea for something and this was convenient for me

but I really wonder...what if DS had even an internet cartoon? Looking through the history, I can come up a thousand plotlines that would kick tail.

I'd be all over it if I knew 3d animation, but I am not there yet. A few more quarters before I learn that. Stop motion is easy, fast and economic after the initial models and sets are made though. Eh. I don't know sound yet either. But all in due time....

I've always viewed the Star Trek series using Models as superior to the new ones with 3D models (AFAIK, Voyager started out with a model, and Enterprise was fully 3D) .

The main problem was always scale. You want a small ship to have detail, so you make it pretty big. But that means for it to sit next to a larger ship, that larger ship has to be REALLY big. That makes it prohibitively expensive and harder to position and move. Star Trek got past this with computer editing: making the smaller ships smaller by filming further away, then compositing them in front of the bigger ship.

Regardless, I love your idea of a DS series. The universe is ripe for it.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-04-30 21:10   
I can see it now. Darkspace the animated series, coming soon to cartoon network.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-01 06:38   
Quote:

On 2011-04-29 16:53, Borgie wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-28 19:05, Pakhos[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-28 19:04, Azreal (Ret) wrote:
I have a shirt and poster with the Wolf logo. But I'M an artist, so.....

Now you are taking this game too seriously.

nah a tattoo of his fleet logo would be too serious

Cool idea. I could test that out with a Kluth logo by using a marker pen to draw some curved lines around my left nipple....

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-05-01 06:44 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-01 07:01   
I would throw all my money at a Darkspace ship collection. Just saying.

-Ent

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-01 19:43   
Quote:

On 2011-05-01 07:01, Enterprise wrote:
I would throw all my money at a Darkspace ship collection. Just saying.

-Ent

We have a 3D printer at my college, I've been trying and trying at all my friends on the staff to use it, niy they just bought it though brought it in for the CAD classes.

I attempted to take one of the classes, but I am not in the correct program.

I have been looking into 3D printers, not cheap, 10,000 dollars is a bit beyond my wallet size, but if I could find somebody with one, I have the models, would just need to slightly modify them with inner braces and thicker hulls so that they could be printed out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_printing

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-01 22:59   
I was trying to think of a way to import a model into Gibbscam or Mastercam. Would just be too damned easy. Then I just mount a couple aluminum plates to the mill, mirror z axis, hit button.

But life would be too easy then wouldn't it?

still I wonder if there is a way to have one of those programs read a 3dmax (I assume that's what ya'll use...) file and convert it to a cam. I don't know 3D yet, so I haven't the ability to hack at it yet.

I do so want a Claw to sit on the lid of my toolbox tho. And maybe an Assault Cruiser. And an old assault scout. And a nymph.

oh and I think as a model the Aggy is nice.

Don't forget fighters.

I would HAVE to have a larve. Those are awesome looking. ICC have the sweetest looking fighter tho, imho.

what scale? If a fighter was, say, 1" long, how big would a stat be? An EAD? Foot and a half long EAD? Two and a half foot tall stat?

WOW!

{<0> , <0>}

Mommy I want some!

Also, I like this idea of t-shirts and posters. They aren't expensive to produce outside of initial investment, and the returns could be pumped back into the game for server and dev work. Drive F to quit that lousey day job! It's cutting into needed DS devtime.
Also, I was wondering, whatever happened to adding ship logos?
I was thinking that if that could be done, than fleets would pay XXX to have the ability to place logos on their ships for a period of time.

Maybe a fleet treasury that is drawn from every month for certain fleet rights. An extra garage space, extra storage, or even fleet size. Maybe the bigger, the more the monthly draw. Have to give people a nice carrot or two tho for it.

Maybe enhancements that are available to fleet members only. Don't ask me what, I dunno. I am not a big fan of AOE in DS outside of the dictor, but whatever, maybe that is an idea. Maybe a bonus to fighting in some way when grouped and within a certain distance.

Long winded, I stop now.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-01 23:05   
Quote:

On 2011-05-01 22:59, Azreal (Ret) wrote:
I was trying to think of a way to import a model into Gibbscam or Mastercam. Would just be too damned easy. Then I just mount a couple aluminum plates to the mill, mirror z axis, hit button.

But life would be too easy then wouldn't it?

still I wonder if there is a way to have one of those programs read a 3dmax (I assume that's what ya'll use...) file and convert it to a cam. I don't know 3D yet, so I haven't the ability to hack at it yet.

I do so want a Claw to sit on the lid of my toolbox tho. And maybe an Assault Cruiser. And an old assault scout. And a nymph.

oh and I think as a model the Aggy is nice.

Don't forget fighters.

I would HAVE to have a larve. Those are awesome looking. ICC have the sweetest looking fighter tho, imho.

what scale? If a fighter was, say, 1" long, how big would a stat be? An EAD? Foot and a half long EAD? Two and a half foot tall stat?

WOW!

{<0> , <0>}

Mommy I want some!

Also, I like this idea of t-shirts and posters. They aren't expensive to produce outside of initial investment, and the returns could be pumped back into the game for server and dev work. Drive F to quit that lousey day job! It's cutting into needed DS devtime.
Also, I was wondering, whatever happened to adding ship logos?
I was thinking that if that could be done, than fleets would pay XXX to have the ability to place logos on their ships for a period of time.

Maybe a fleet treasury that is drawn from every month for certain fleet rights. An extra garage space, extra storage, or even fleet size. Maybe the bigger, the more the monthly draw. Have to give people a nice carrot or two tho for it.

Maybe enhancements that are available to fleet members only. Don't ask me what, I dunno. I am not a big fan of AOE in DS outside of the dictor, but whatever, maybe that is an idea. Maybe a bonus to fighting in some way when grouped and within a certain distance.

Long winded, I stop now.

The main concern with it was detail on smaller ships. But after thinking about it, DS has lower quality models the smaller the ship is, so the logic is fairly moot.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-02 00:15   
I believe DS ships get graphics from textures rather than polys.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.031460 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR