No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Thoughts
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Thoughts
P2.
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-28 08:57   
I will not raise an issue about the tactics and strategies but something I think should change in the game.

In recent weeks, has been producing a very repetitive situation.
"Kluth" and "ICC" make an alliance and capture "R33"and "Luyten", sometimes even planets "Lalande. "
UGTO comes and recapture it. Then the cycle starts again.

I'm seeing a problem which I am participating too.

It has lost the battle interesting. All limited to, "massive fleets", on one side or the other.

This theme of partnership means that many do not come to play unless they see that may be part of a large fleet.

"UGTO" do not leave their depots because the cloaking device of Kluth, you never know how many ships there.

For example: Yesterday we had "3 stations and 3 to 5 ships" and went to attack "Fargo" because we saw a similar fleet. But stations and other ships had hidden Kluth. The result not only did we lose, the bad thing is that 8 we were only staying 3. People leave when the situation becomes untenable.

Obviously all the rookies will be Kluth because the cloaking device is tempting to survive and escape.

But with these tactics of "Kluth", (very good indeed), not where we are going.

It is not only mourn for the loss, do not misunderstand me.

We are having a problem and can not think of the solution.

Email P2.
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-28 10:11   
Fleet of 8 ships and nobody tought you how to ping?

Gerlach
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-28 10:30   
There is so much to say about this I don't even know where to start.
I will give it a try and keep it as short as possible:
1. you most probably misjudged your enemy -> an equal size enemy fleet in a defensive position is most likely going to win
2. you misjudged the skills of your fleet members -> ping and blindfight
2.1 QSTs are one hell of depth charges
3. most rookies are not going to live long as K'Luth unless they are pro players with fast learning skills

[ This Message was edited by: Gerlach on 2011-04-28 10:32 ]

\"I'M HEAVY METAL \\m/>_<\\m/ !!\"

P2.
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-28 12:24   
Quote:

On 2011-04-28 10:11, Pakhos[+R] wrote:
Fleet of 8 ships and nobody tought you how to ping?

ping when you are there is to late

Email P2.
P2.
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-28 12:25   
I did not know clearly convey the idea.
The example is just that, an example

Not that I'm complaining, it is a situation that is repeated.

UGTO recovers lost very quickly when many of his players enter the game.

That is not good because it proves my point.

All the strategy is limited to occupy planets and fight loses value

[ This Message was edited by: P2_1956 on 2011-04-28 12:48 ]

Email P2.
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-28 13:42   
Quote:

On 2011-04-28 12:24, P2_1956 wrote:

ping when you are there is too late

Uh, then you want to ping and detect us from across the galaxy?

Come on... that's what ping is for. To detect us when we're near. That's what cloak is all about. Kluth may be next to you, or he may be 2 systems away. That's the whole point. If you let your guard down, that's when we strike.

Quote:

On 2011-04-28 12:25, P2_1956 wrote:
I did not know clearly convey the idea.
The example is just that, an example

Not that I'm complaining, it is a situation that is repeated.

UGTO recovers lost very quickly when many of his players enter the game.

That is not good because it proves my point.

All the strategy is limited to occupy planets and fight loses value

That's the game mechanics.

UGTO wins when you have
1) equal or overwhelming numbers
2) depots

ICC and Kluth wins when they have overwhelming numbers.

You already have the advantage of defense when at depots and station spamming, why QQ?

P2.
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-28 14:24   
Forget this thread.

We are in different universes.

I am trying to to be far beyond the miserliness of a faction. is difficult but I try, some do not even try.

Email P2.
Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-28 14:27   
These alliances are not something that is found normally nor encouraged in this game. Alliance between factions are only realistically groups of like minded individuals who decide to team up.

Personally, if I see an alliance and i'm in the faction that is in said alliance then I go out of my way to break it. Not everyone in ICC or Kluth wants some sort of friendship, we're all happy killing each other.

This is just another example of how the talk of 'alliances' can stur up too much conflict in words and not in force. Yesturday /yell erupted into moronic smack talking about who broke the alliance first resulting eventually to the childish behaviour of UGTO leaving their fleets and joining Kluth in order to shoot ICC in some sort of attempt to break the alliance that was never really in place.

How do these alliances come to pass?
Here is how, someone on K'luth who doesn't want to fight a specific faction, due to that alliance's numbers advantage, messages one of the larger ships/higher ranking players asking for some sort of ceasefire. This results in talks of a non-agression pact and eventually evolves into /yell based rage and dissapointment.

The amount of times yesturday when someone in K'luth messaged me asking for a 'alliance' was pathetic. Considering the K'luth's tactical advantage over other races it seems pointless to bicker about fake non-agression pacts.

You should all just ignore talk of alliances and shoot whatever you feel like shooting, unless it is physically in your fleet. (Team shooting is against the ROC don't forget ^^ )

All that being said however, i'm happy with taking breaks from DarkSpace in order to see how it progresses over time. From what i've seen in the day i've been back is that depo planets really need to be addressed. It isn't as if one or two people are complaining at a stupid issue but those who aren't complaining are the very people who abuse this power. A depo planet should not allow a cruiser sized vessel to solo defend the entire planetary cluster, without moving, against a much larger force and yet it can.
[ This Message was edited by: Snafu (Okkam) on 2011-04-28 14:29 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-28 17:59   
There are far more issues than alliances, and that is what P2 is getting at.

Its cyclic and repeatitive. DS is boring now. No amount of ship updates will fix it either.

Oh boy! And we have complained about that (some have anyways) since a month after the last map update. K'Luth started only fighting in Tau near luy gate, and after 4 months of it I had to leave them. I move to ICC, and they cann't seem to do much besides retake the red planets, rebuild the MI screwed planets, and sit near Tau gate.

Excursions into Luy end up being short lived, and mostly pointless. They only make ground when they outnumber RS-er-UGTO by 3 to one odds, because every cluster has a depot rock, and, well, depots just work great don't they?

So the repeatitive crap is what kills this game more than anything right now.

Why log in to play the EXACT SAME GAME, which isn't really FUN, day after day?

A map change is needed for sure.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-28 18:12   
Quote:

On 2011-04-28 17:59, Azreal (Ret) wrote:

Its cyclic and repeatitive. DS is boring now. No amount of ship updates will fix it either.

Oh boy! And we have complained about that (some have anyways) since a month after the last map update. K'Luth started only fighting in Tau near luy gate, and after 4 months of it I had to leave them. I move to ICC, and they cann't seem to do much besides retake the red planets, rebuild the MI screwed planets, and sit near Tau gate.

Excursions into Luy end up being short lived, and mostly pointless. They only make ground when they outnumber RS-er-UGTO by 3 to one odds, because every cluster has a depot rock, and, well, depots just work great don't they?

at this point i would not care if luth of uggies invade cass. Cuase it will be a heck of a lot more fun than sitting at fargo, or taking luyten only to be driven off by 5 or more shrooms

Email *FTL*Soulless
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-04-28 20:42   
Quote:

On 2011-04-28 18:12, GA Soulless wrote:
at this point i would not care if luth of uggies invade cass. Cuase it will be a heck of a lot more fun than sitting at fargo, or taking luyten only to be driven off by 5 or more shrooms

Yeah, no kidding.....I check Cass every now and then hoping I'll find someone there to fight just for a change of pace.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-28 21:46   
Quote:

On 2011-04-28 17:59, Azreal (Ret) wrote:

Map change?
A map change will solve NOTHING.

The root of the problem lies in the ship balance (both in strength and numbers) and repair rate.

Sadly, no one wants to implement class limits or to abide by any fleet structures. And even you yourself are against slowing down the repair rate because you don't want to slow down combat.

That's the thing buddy boy. As long as rep rates are unrealistically fast as they are, and ppl are allowed to fly whatever ships they choose, the problem will remain.

Feeble map changes won't solve anything.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-28 23:14   
Quote:

On 2011-04-28 20:42, Talien wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-28 18:12, GA Soulless wrote:

Yeah, no kidding.....I check Cass every now and then hoping I'll find someone there to fight just for a change of pace.

Just wondering.

Space is space. A planet is a planet.

What's the diff between fighting you at Fargo, or fighting you at Argrea, or even Cass, for that matter?

I'll still be cloaking till I'm your ass then appearing to buttshot you.
You'll still be spamming missiles. And Uggies will still be spamming stations.

It's not the map or location. It's the mechanics.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-28 23:25   
We're fighting over the same planets because the battle lines revert every day. Planets are TOO EASY TO CAPTURE.

If a planet could hold it's own, perhaps even ASSIST the allied fleet in orbit, then maybe the battlelines would be far less static.

Kenny made a suggestion a month or more ago, about giving planet's 1.5k gu missile range again. But instead of the planet physically launching a missile, it launches a "fake" auto-hit missile, much like the planetary projectiles do now. The only thing that's changed is that instead of launching a red ball at you from 1.5k, it launches a missile trail at you.

That way: planets have more range/damage potential, the server isn't tracking missile strikes/PD (they are automatic hits, can't be physically blocked, just like projectile defenses now), and can actualy support an allied fleet in defensive operations.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-04-28 23:47   
Quote:

On 2011-04-28 23:14, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Just wondering.

Space is space. A planet is a planet.

What's the diff between fighting you at Fargo, or fighting you at Argrea, or even Cass, for that matter?

I'll still be cloaking till I'm your ass then appearing to buttshot you.
You'll still be spamming missiles. And Uggies will still be spamming stations.

It's not the map or location. It's the mechanics.

Different scenery. That and ordering whatever AI are in the area to all go to a set of coordinates so they mass at one spot, then ordering them all to attack one player at a time is fun. Can't really do that in Sag because there's usually some Marshal or CM ordering every AI in sight to defend their ship.

I probably shouldn't have said anything though, because now people will realize why their shrooms were suddenly swarmed by a dozen AI and killed then complain that AI are OP and get them nerfed.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019607 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR