No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » (Suggestion) mine layer changes/removal
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author (Suggestion) mine layer changes/removal
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-03 18:57   
Scarab Mineslayers are extremely effective if moded and used correctly. I always keep one in my garage.
1.) Gate mineing is easy, and all players should learn how to do it. Nothing more fun than to watch ur prey gate though and become a fire ball.

2.) It's high instant dmg makes it a good Anti-Scout weapon, provided u manual detonate. This is one of kluth's best def agianst becon scouts.

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-03 22:35   
I would really like to see mines become more useful, sure they are ok for gate camping, but i would prefer it if they couldnt be seen unless you had a scanner, or maybe be like low signature missiles where you have to have eccm to beat their ecm or else you cant see them.

If not that than make their explosion radius 150gu or greater so standard pd wont save you from them, the way they are now for icc and ugto atleast is you lay mines down and no one has any care in the world because their pd WILL destroy them long before you get close enough to take damage from them.
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-03 23:50   
Quote:

On 2011-05-03 07:50, Enterprise wrote:
Mines could use a huge AoE. Its incredibly risky to use mines in active combat (you're basically putting yourself IN FRONT of a big ship), they're incredibly easy to dodge (hey look, that minelayer ship is in front of me, gee I wonder what he's going to do), and when they do actually hit, it wasn't worth the effort.

Not entirely true.

You can run at max speed, and then decloak at the very last moment to lay a string of mines just next to an enemy station who's busy shooting someone else..... then det it once you're safely away. Get a couple of Scarabs to do this to an enemy station and you'll see him go red pretty fast. The only danger comes from the enemy station giving you an alpha on the way out. If he PDs the mines, he's taking damage too.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-04 01:35   
Quote:

On 2011-05-03 23:50, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

Mines could use a huge AoE. Its incredibly risky to use mines in active combat (you're basically putting yourself IN FRONT of a big ship), they're incredibly easy to dodge (hey look, that minelayer ship is in front of me, gee I wonder what he's going to do), and when they do actually hit, it wasn't worth the effort.

Not entirely true.

You can run at max speed, and then decloak at the very last moment to lay a string of mines just next to an enemy station who's busy shooting someone else..... then det it once you're safely away. Get a couple of Scarabs to do this to an enemy station and you'll see him go red pretty fast. The only danger comes from the enemy station giving you an alpha on the way out. If he PDs the mines, he's taking damage too.

yeah but if he pd them just as you have placed them you get damaged as well and if you got friendlys doing it at the same time you get ff which actually results in a loss expecially if the friendly is hulled.

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-05-04 01:48   
Quote:

Quote:

Not entirely true.

Assuming said station isn't surrounded by depots, of course.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-04 02:35   
Quote:

On 2011-05-04 01:35, jamesbob wrote:

yeah but if he pd them just as you have placed them you get damaged as well and if you got friendlys doing it at the same time you get ff which actually results in a loss expecially if the friendly is hulled.

That's true.

Since the cloak cooldown addition, the sequence of attack has always been.

B....., Shift-J , J , Shift-B

Lay your mines, short jump a 1000gus out, cut jump, detonate mines.
Cloak and go back in to reattack.

And of course you don't attack a station solo, especially at a depot planet. You attack him when he's already being pummeled by other Siphons and Krills.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-04 03:25   
Can you get hit by mines in the middle of a jump?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-04 04:14   
Quote:

On 2011-05-04 03:25, SpaceAdmiral wrote:

Yes you definitely can.

That's why we lay mines on known jump paths between planets.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-04 04:43   
Quote:

On 2011-05-04 04:14, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-05-04 03:25, SpaceAdmiral wrote:

Yes you definitely can.

That's why we lay mines on known jump paths between planets.

I can totally imagine 5 scarabs compressing a mine field into one line along a jump path. Feel sad for any enemy ship that jumps...insta death...

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-04 06:45   
Quote:

On 2011-05-04 04:43, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
I can totally imagine 5 scarabs compressing a mine field into one line along a jump path. Feel sad for any enemy ship that jumps...insta death...

Only if we're that lucky for them to run through all of the mines.

Highly unlikely. But at least they'll arrive at the attack point with some serious damage and an empty JD. Helps to reduce their survivability and effectiveness.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-05-04 07:40 ]

0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2011-05-04 08:41   
Mines are at least semi-useful if you manually detonate them when a ship is close but as was stated above if someone sees a mine layer ship they usually just stay away from it period. So.. buffing mines would be a bonus but! what about a new type of mine as well.. say one that is attracted to enemy ships like a magnet if the ship is withing 100'ish GU's?

Just an idea.

Goto the website of 0stego
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-05-04 09:26   
Why not make all minelayer ships come standard with enough ECM to hide them, a scanner, and lots of PD? Having mines be unaffected by weapon leveling would be good too, that way damage can be regulated purely by the number of gadgets.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-04 12:46   
Quote:
Quote:

Not entirely true.

Not entirely true, again.

Mines do not and should not have huge AoE. Facts? Back to the era when Pakhos struggled through Orion with Scarab, he was most #1 FF and you can guess why.

I suggest:
Thermo-Nuclear Mine
Faction: ICC
Damage Type: Energy, Kinetic
Characteristics
  • Mines: 7
  • Interval: 0.7 second
  • Ammo: 12
  • Arm Time: 1.4 second
  • Life: 2 minutes + (level * 6 seconds)
  • Blast Range: 30 gu
  • Recharge Time: 7 seconds

EMP Mine
Faction: UGTO
Damage Type: Energy & EMP
Characteristics
  • Mines: 6
  • Interval: 0.6 second
  • Ammo: 15
  • Arm Time: 1.2 second
  • Blast Range: 35 Gu
  • Recharge Time: 6 seconds

Anti-Matter Mine
Faction: K'Luth
Damage Type: Energy & PSI
Characteristics
  • Mines: 5
  • Interval: 0.5 second
  • Ammo: 18
  • Arm Time: 1 second
  • Blast Range: 40 Gu
  • Recharge Time: 5 seconds

Why?
- Unlike human ships, K'Luth can't afford to flying ahead of ship so long, therefore the recharge time must be fastest. Same reason to have shortest interval and arm time.
- But K'Luth has the highest chance to succesffully lay mine and do damage, thus they need mines more than human's ships do.
- Small AoE to avoid FF.
- Short life to avoid spamming server but long enough to trap enemy.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-05-04 12:50 ]

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-04 15:04   
I think a much bigger AOE of the mines would be a good thing, Maybe a slight home on the mines that tracks a ship close to say 100GU (pure example). Remove the lvling of mines, That would make em all that much better.

would make a whole Shroom spam think twice of Rushing a planet

Mines Shoudl be invisible to at all time even under ECCM, Scanner would then have a goal in this

a Small ship with Scanner would detect mines from a further distance then a Big ship with the scanner. Maybe also have small ship be able to detect the mines when there very close to them( Dreads would jsut smack into them and still wouldn't see it)
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-04 17:18   
Quote:

On 2011-05-03 18:57, Delando wrote:

2.) It's high instant dmg makes it a good Anti-Scout weapon, provided u manual detonate. This is one of kluth's best def agianst becon scouts.

best way to kill a scout is point jump it with a beam hvy ship and swat it like fly.

Email Borgie
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.152871 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR