No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [Suggestion] Enhancement unload/detach button
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author [Suggestion] Enhancement unload/detach button
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-09 23:38   
Dunno if this has been suggested.

I wonder if it's easy for the Devs to code in a button in the SY screen for each ship to unload or detach all the enh on that particular selected ship and return them to the garage.... Of course with the durability level maintained.

Well, this will allow players to try different enh combinations on their ships. It would make the game more interesting somehow.

Also... With the upcoming changes, with some torp/cannon ship being refactored to beam ships, and etc etc, perhaps the community can better manage their enh this way. Otherwise, it'll be like the Shell/Stinger incident where players have to approach the Devs to swap over enh which were no longer valid on the new config.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-10 04:35   
Personally:

- I'd have removals cost at least a durability.

- There's been plenty of warning that changes are coming to ships, including the exact changes to the exact ships. Enhancement application is at your own risk at this point - I'd try to get the most out of any remaining durabilities now if you don't like how a ship will become in the future.

This isn't Palestar policy, but there also isn't one yet.. and my vote would be for the above when/if its discussed internally.

Email Shigernafy
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2011-05-10 06:14   
I agree with detachment at the cost of durability - even the chance for each enhancement to break totally. It's up to Faustus though.

Goto the website of Drafell
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-10 06:28   
Quote:

- There's been plenty of warning that changes are coming to ships, including the exact changes to the exact ships. Enhancement application is at your own risk at this point - I'd try to get the most out of any remaining durabilities now if you don't like how a ship will become in the future.

This isn't Palestar policy, but there also isn't one yet.. and my vote would be for the above when/if its discussed internally.

I can agree to this, if the cruiser layouts were put into beta, featuring a total change, and you mod your ship against your better judgment. But IMO, this wouldn't be fair to those who've had their ships enhanced way before the loadouts were put into beta. Some have had their blue enhs on for months.

Next point, ppl would expect that you would refactor each ship according to their purpose. An assault dread would remain an assault dread, and a cannon ship remain one.

If you redesigned a cannon boat into a beam boat, how could you possibly fault the player?

Just some food for thought.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-05-10 06:30 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-10 06:56   
A reasonable point. But how many ships have undergone such a drastic revision? I know from a different thread that you highlighted the Siphon and Mandible as seemingly counterintuitive layouts, but are there other examples where ships behave totally differently in beta compared to release?

I know a sense of fairness and getting what you paid for, etc, is important, but all MMOs (and indeed most non-console games) have the "problem" of revisions and patches that change behaviors and styles... its my opinion that players should be aware of the chance of such changes up front. And again, they're well-publicized of late, so while there are plenty of ships which were created prior to this patch, people do have noticed that changes they are a comin'.

That said, my preference would be for an enhancement recovery option at the cost of a few durability points. And that every enhancement period has durability.. even if its 1000 in some cases.

Email Shigernafy
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-10 07:34   
Quote:

On 2011-05-10 06:56, Shigernafy wrote:
A reasonable point. But how many ships have undergone such a drastic revision? I know from a different thread that you highlighted the Siphon and Mandible as seemingly counterintuitive layouts, but are there other examples where ships behave totally differently in beta compared to release?

I know a sense of fairness and getting what you paid for, etc, is important, but all MMOs (and indeed most non-console games) have the "problem" of revisions and patches that change behaviors and styles... its my opinion that players should be aware of the chance of such changes up front. And again, they're well-publicized of late, so while there are plenty of ships which were created prior to this patch, people do have noticed that changes they are a comin'.

That said, my preference would be for an enhancement recovery option at the cost of a few durability points. And that every enhancement period has durability.. even if its 1000 in some cases.

I'm not disagreeing with the cost in dura points. But remember the blue enh only has 20 pts. It wouldn't do to strike 5 points off per change would it?

That being said, so far only the Siphon and the Shell/Stinger have undergone a drastic revision. If you make special concessions for enh to be swapped out, just for those cases, it would be nice.

BTW, the dread change were a bit of a surprise. We expected "Two Weeks" after the cruisers.... taking reference from the period between dessies and cruisers.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-05-10 10:56   
I Got the enh for my ships LONG befor any knowledge of changes was made public.

As such, i too have enh that will no longer apply desired affect after update.

Am i upset? Not really.

Im just happy were getting new stuffs.

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-05-10 11:10   
i like this idea

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-05-10 12:44   
The current MR125 (ME117 in beta) Engineer and it's UGTO equivalent are another example, they lose all mining beams and get a repair drone in their place. They can no longer mine so they're a poor choice for rebuilding planets, and in ICC's case a poor choice in general since the new Command Carrier can build+mine better anyway.
[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2011-05-10 12:45 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-10 12:59   
The Siphon and Mandible are the only two ships that are drastically altered. The others are all essentially the same, including the Krill which lost some disruptors and gained some cannons.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-10 16:44   
http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=49568&forum=36&5

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-10 16:47   
I agree with this.
For those that have paid money for there enhancements, and those that have not.
We should be able to switch them around, I have may purple enhancements that I don't really want to go PVE again to try and mod another ship or 3.

There should not be a penalty for removing an enhancement, keep the durability it had once removed.

this will also work for those time you grabbed the wrong enhancement and now have to waste the credits/time where a simple uninstall function would do.

oh and when you SD you should lose more durability... J/K
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Ants (XO) on 2011-05-10 16:49 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-05-10 18:10   
Will look into this. Most likely will change "Remove Enhancement" option to "Uninstall", and simply send the enhancement to cargo with one less durability than it had when installed.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-10 18:10   
I'll assume new kluth dreads are in beta even though dev log isn't updated?

Jetstorm XF-13{Admiral Lee}
Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-10 18:14   
i agree, ships should have a option to switch enh without loseing them.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020628 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR