No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » eccm
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author eccm
Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-05-25 17:38   
the other day i was in beta and i tried this in scenerio also. I was ugto and decided to try pinging kluth ships WOW it was so easy to hit p then e and alpha away at a cloaked ship. it didnt use to b like this u never had time to get a lock but u could c where they were. so now i know y when im cloaked i get the crap beat out of me. so now im guessing if u r using an ad u can right click on 1 eccm then another 15 seconds later then so on until u sycle through them. at one time this was illegal to do but now its not. the eccm was intended (from what i understand) to raise the signature makeing it harder to cloak and uncloak but now its just abused. ok so to wrap this up i feel u shouldn't be able to lock on to a cloaked ship bi simply pressing p. so much for talent, now there's no pointfiring just p firing is this a mistake that hasent been fixed or will this allways be this way.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]™

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-05-25 17:40   
It's aways been like this. If you're fast enough, you can get an alpha off, but it's rarely enough time to check if something is between you and that red diamond.

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-25 17:42   
sorry, i dont understand you didnt make that very clear.

your asking if auto-select can be removed so that pinging involves more manual firing and judgement calls?
(not that i use the auto thing anyway)

We are the Falix Brothers...

Rebel Retribution
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-25 17:53   
the trick is u hit eccm then as soon as u hear the ping noise when they pop up hit "e" then spam spacebar, and hopefully u can get an alpha off

Email Rebel Retribution
Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-25 17:55   
You can't lock on a ship once it's cloaked. You have to manually target the ship and preditcs its movement. If your not happy about that, just jump out.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-05-25 17:59   
in a high sig area, this is true.

out at a gate.. or somewhere else in space.. or in current version where no one bothers with sencor bases or plats anymore. Your right.

i usually request that two eccm be left running the whole time, so when we ping, we can fire at ya.

ECCM range was reduced into LOL hell. Leave it alone. You luth have complete immunity beyone 500gu?. And your weapons can hit from that far out.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-05-25 18:13   
ECCM range was reduced from around 1000 GU to 400 GU, what more do you want? Nothing larger than a Frigate has more than one EW slot with the new layouts anyway, most having 0, with the exception of the ICC Border Cruiser having 3.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-05-25 18:42   
ok let me try this again. what i'm tring to say is that u can ping then lock on to ship the n fire. no it didn't use to be like this . it was changed over a year ago when the eccm wasbuffed to make it harder to cloak. as a result when you ping for a cloaked ship and you can lock on it. at first the devs said they would fix it but then they changed there mind. i didnt know it was that easy to do un till the other day. and if u think u cant do it let me know and ill join u in beta to test this. btw i have played other faction before joining PB so i do know how to point fire but it was never this easy. i dont think you should b able to lock on to a ship that is cloaked (so will this allways be this way or will the devs test this and fix it). and this post is not ment to start bashing so if u cant b constructive with a reply then plz dont post. i didnt waste my time typing to get bashed

[ This Message was edited by: Died~2000~Deaths[+R]™ on 2011-05-25 18:53 ]

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-25 18:53   
What are you guys talking about? It is hit and miss, but fairly often it is easy to tarket a cloaked K'luth who was revealed by pinging and get an alpha off on the diamond. If you do this enough it makes it almost impossible for us to manuver anymore.....

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-05-25 18:59   
Quote:

On 2011-05-25 17:42, Marius Falix wrote:
sorry, i dont understand you didnt make that very clear.

your asking if auto-select can be removed so that pinging involves more manual firing and judgement calls?
(not that i use the auto thing anyway)

ummm the ability to lock onto a cloaked vessel when u use eccm is what im complaining about
i guess the reason i have a problem with it is i'm kluth if you were you would feel the same, it's just to easy

[ This Message was edited by: Died~2000~Deaths[+R]™ on 2011-05-25 19:03 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-05-25 19:00   
It's like Defiance said, it's possible to do if there are ECCM running while someone pings. It takes longer for your diamond to disappear after being pinged because of the active ECCM, but also limits how often we're able to ping because some of them are constantly running and not being used to ping.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-25 19:56   
Now now , stop picking on d2k.

Eccm is a pain in the arse . It is really hard to balance in large numbers. 400 gu is not good. I believe eccm range could be equal to PSI cannon range. Around 700 gu. This way you can only ping cloaked ships which is in attack range . Also you dont need someone to run eccm and another one to ping to detect a cloaked ship. In beta , ugto CD carries 3 ew slot. When you activate 3 eccm at same time , you can reveal any ship in the range around 3-4 seconds. If we increase eccm range we need to reduce cumulative effect of said device. If range reduced you can increase cumulative effect of said device.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-05-25 20:23   
Sure it's not necessary to run constant ECCM, but if you have a Cruiser or Dreadnought leave it on while a Scout/Frigate pings then you get the benefit of the higher ECCM strength from the larger ships and the faster cooldown of a Scout/Frigate.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-25 20:59   

Once you hear a ping, assume that you've been found and take evasives. Keep your range from the enemy above 400 unless you're coming in for your attack run.

As a Kluth player, I am cautious of ships that have an EW capability (especially if they're in packs) unless I'm confident that I can finish the job of destroying them (or making them run), or at least doing some damage before I have to jump out.

It's all situational.
- Is my JD fully charged? What's my energy level?
- Are there any dico cruisers in the area?
- Are there any planets with dicos nearby? ... and if so, I'll have to choose my attack vector keeping in mind factors like the target's blind arc, and if I can preferably attack FROM the direction of the planet, so I can jump out into deep space immediately if the tables are turned.

One thing though.

We know that hoonam ships can only pick us up for a second or so, depending on ECCM activity in the area, and then lose us again.

The problem is the BEAM ANIMATION. I've already posted it the Beta thread. The beam animation should cut off when the target;
- is out of range
- gets out of the firing arc
- track is lost, either due to cloaking or ECM activity

Right now, even split second targeting is enough. After the target track has been lost through cloak, the beams continue to track it or persist.

Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2011-05-25 21:38   
I think one note to consider, and perhaps point out to players that weren't around for the 1.380 days (when I originally joined DS) and beyond. Being ECCM pinged right now to try and target you is a life still easier than how it once was.
It used to be that cloak only made it VERY difficult to find you...but once you were found you could be tracked almost indefinitely even in cloak. ECCM only made this easier to be found, especially when you would think youre safe on an attack vector. OR think the same when approaching someone when no ECCM was around. I've played K'luth during that time....died more than once even from a point of considred safety.

Then again you were also able to fire while cloaked and jump out.

Just my 2 cents.

[ This Message was edited by: Entil-Zha the Starkiller on 2011-05-25 21:39 ]

\"Oh you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it,
and feed the charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.\" - Capt. John Sheridan

Email Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018237 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR