No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » eccm
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author eccm
Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-05-30 07:09   
Quote:

On 2011-05-29 14:27, Reznor wrote:
So am I the only one that pings and presses E and spacebar over and over, and yet STILL can't land an alpha?

They pop up, but nothing shoots....EVER.

And then when I play luth, as a dessie no less, I get pinged and they have enough time to alpha me...TWICE.

I need to invest in fiber optics internet I guess >.> .

believe me, you're not the only one who feels like that >.<

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-30 07:13   
Quote:

On 2011-05-30 06:32, Fatal Perihelion wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-05-29 19:01, NoBoDx wrote:
with beam-sweaping, it'll take 2 beams to cover the close area around yourself, half-circle to the left, and one to the right and then you have an idea, where the luth are around you
and since almost all luth fly slow dreads, you can be sure, that he'll be there for the next few seconds, so you can blindfire an alpha or two at em

no need for eccms at all, if you know there is one luth

i already said some time ago, that beam-sweaping should be considered "a bug"

NoBo

This is interesting, cause i tried this beam-sweaping and i never had any succes with it, i also never saw an allied player doing it so that it would help detecting a Kluth Dread.

-I dont want to give other keys to my beams, i need them all on one key to do most damage in case.

-I dont want to waste energy because soon i will need it.

-I dont have the time to sweap beams around, the Kluth Dread tries to move away and i am busy turning myself and firing guns and adjusting speed. Usaly the Kluth running, already is out of Beamrange anyway.

So: Sorry for going a little off topic but i would like to know if anyone has made other expierences with Beam-sweaping.

you dont see other players doing this, cause for the server youre fireing into one place
but on your client, you can see where the beam hit the cloaked luth-ship
also, since youre fireing to the same spot (for the server), you dont do any damage with the sweeping beam

-> http://darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=50624&forum=13&start=0

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-30 07:19   
Quote:

This is interesting, cause i tried this beam-sweaping and i never had any succes with it, i also never saw an allied player doing it so that it would help detecting a Kluth Dread.

-I dont want to give other keys to my beams, i need them all on one key to do most damage in case.

-I dont want to waste energy because soon i will need it.

-I dont have the time to sweap beams around, the Kluth Dread tries to move away and i am busy turning myself and firing guns and adjusting speed. Usaly the Kluth running, already is out of Beamrange anyway.

So: Sorry for going a little off topic but i would like to know if anyone has made other expierences with Beam-sweaping.

Beam Sweeping works and works well

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-05-30 07:35   
@peri I use beam-sweeping very little, and I find it successful only when the enemy is in beam's damage range.

@space the devlogs are a concise version of what was added, changed or removed, and does not tell the whole story. Just a few minutes ago I tested the range of ECCM on a AD, and find it's maximum range to be 750 gu.
Also, 400+(level*50)=400+(7*50)=750 gu, so the practical test fits nicely in my formula.

ECCM RANGE IS NOT JUST 400 GU. EVEN A SCOUT HAS 500 GU ECCM.

@all who think eccm works only in 400 gu:
You need approximately a strength of 1 signature to do a ping, and 2 or more if you want to shoot him. On an AD,
ECCM strength=6.25, range=750
Thus, effective pinging range would be around 630 gu and less, which is almost the range of psi cannons, and also almost the range of new photon torpedoes. That is enough firepower to, if aimed correctly, make a k'luth think three and a half times about attacking you again (that is, assuming you survived the first attack and made it cloak).

Also, if ECCM had a range of 400 gu only, you'd never be able to ping a K'Luth because they'd run out of effective ping range(300 for scouts, 340 for superdreads and 360 for stations).

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-31 18:29   
ok, to find a cloaked ship, you should do so on the third thursday of every 13th month, and with both eyes closed. If you still manage to hit it, it will be changed to once every 14 months.

Keep it up with your complaining and see what you get.

But in all seriousness (meaning the previous WASN'T serious)

Ya'll have done nothing but screw the cloak system up every time ya'll have jacked with it. Period. From the "TRUE CLOAK" we were promised in .483, to the bug-called-working-as-intended called ping, to now you screwed the beacons, and shrunk in the eccm to the point of uselessness. By the time u see a cloaked ship, if you HAPPEN to ping when you don't have any reason to, that ship is already 400 off your rump. That is far from balanced. Call that what you will.

I am sure Feralwulf feels balanced most weekends, but we all know he can't walk w/o stumbling at any point on a Saturday. That's the equivelant of balance that cloak is now.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-31 22:27   

So in effect, what Az was saying is that; Cloak was nerfed, then buffed, then nerfed, then buffed again.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.020595 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR