Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Fraction Hopping and fleets
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Fraction Hopping and fleets
coolestguy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-02 13:11   
Now im only 2-3 weeks new to the game and i log on and off to try out the diffrent fractions ships and yes when a fraction is dead (no online players) and theres no one to team up with, i switch b/c killing AI or being killed by massive groups of online players can get old real fast.

I play this game b/c i the community won me over, you guys are super helpful, nice and friendly. Almost no trolls or flammers (almost -.-)

The sad thing is the trolls and flammers seem to find my fraction hopping annyoing and threaten to Team kill me should i ever join there fraction again. Now in all honesty, that is a game killer for me. People like that should not threaten new players, or say "Im never helping you again"

Speaking of Teamkilling, is there a way to report and get people like that banned? I hope so b/c like i said, sadly ill have to find another game should i keep being harrast in such a manner.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-06-02 13:16   
Yes, just type /report and whatever your message is and a mod will get back to you as soon as they can.

Teamkilling/intentional friendly fire is a potentially bannable offense, people who threaten to do it are morons looking for a complimentary ticket on boot to the ass airlines.

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-02 13:24   
It is also useful to have F4 open and take a screenshot to record anything a player who has said anything malicious or an action against the RoC towards you. This helps the mods to track the logs and confirm your report, plus it is additional ammunication to your cause.

Welcome to Darkspace, enjoy your stay.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-06-02 13:25   
So long as you are not abusing the system then please play which ever faction you want. If someone gets upset over it add them to your /ignore list, if they team kill you /report them.

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-02 13:43   
All of what has been said above. Ignore people like that. Darkspace did have a turn where people where Faction Hopping to Sabotage Planets etc.

Hope you have fun playing DS like I did

-Dark Valkaryie

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-02 14:21   
Faction hopping is not only allowed, it's encouraged for new players. This isn't the kind of game where you should be stuck playing one faction.

If someone intentionally teamkills you, use /report. Just make sure it's an intentional teamkill and not accidental friendly fire which happens often.

coolestguy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-02 14:27   
Thanks for your support everyone, ill be sure to use sceenshots in the future. Its good to know i can hope around b/c i do get board of some ships or i want to try other weponry of another fraction so ill bounce around try stuff out. Shame that ppl feel the need to harasses new players about it.

But thanks again for your answers, all very helpful. ^.^

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2011-06-02 16:19   
the only prob i have when ppl switch factions is that they switch from the losing factions to the winning faction i find that annoying sometimes tho i wont team kill you i wont save you when you need it i really dont like when say some one on UGTO and ICC and KLUTH are kickin UGTO butt and one person gets tired of dieing and switches to ICC and or LUTH i really dont like it when ppl do that but not much i can do bout it cept not jumpin in to save them when they say they need help mainly cuz a stat shudnt really be jumping in to save anyone espesally me cuz my JD takes like 6-8 minutes to charge but if im in a dread thats a diff story it only takes 4 mintes for my jd to charge on a dread (iv timed it all) but yea i really dont like it when say leleon is on UGTO and ugto is gettin kicked around so he switches to icc or luth i single him out cuz hes done it alot when im there idk bout other ppl im sure hes not the only one iv seen do that but hes the one that i remeber the most doing that just sayin

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-02 18:00   
Indeed, if we allow too much fraction hopping things could become irrational...we shouldn't be allowing mixed numbers of people to fraction hop around and produce a whole sum of derivative problems.

[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob on 2011-06-02 18:00 ]

Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-02 19:04   
Quote:

On 2011-06-02 18:00, Fattierob wrote:
Indeed, if we allow too much fraction hopping things could become irrational...we shouldn't be allowing mixed numbers of people to fraction hop around and produce a whole sum of derivative problems.

[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob on 2011-06-02 18:00 ]

Anyway, don't get discouraged and don't be afraid to faction hop all you want if thats how you roll.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-06-02 19:12   
sometimes when ppl hop around to diffrent factions it might b mistaken for spying or sabatage. but once ppl know ur name they'll trust u more.

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-06-02 19:16   
Yup, faction hopping is perfectly fine (unless you're doing it to cheat, spy, or otherwise be unsporting, in which case horrible things happen). People shooting at you for changing team or otherwise being mean are, amazingly, being mean and should be reported.

Change or don't change factions as you like; just because people join fleets doesn't mean you have to, and in my opinion everyone should learn how to use all faction's ships effectively regardless of their favourite faction.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-06-02 19:23   
/report players that threaten to shoot at you or kill you. Friendly Fire and/or Team Killing is totally unacceptable and players that do so will be harshly punished.

Changing factions, as another player stated, is encouraged for newer players; and whilst swapping to the winning faction can be seen as unsportsmanlike, it is not against the rules to do so.

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-06-02 19:44   
Faction hopping is fine as long as no cheating is done as stated above.

However if you stay in a faction long enough You learn how each faction works:

Their strengths, strategies, and weaknesses.

I know its boring when you are all alone, but thats when you need to get into a smaller ship and be a pest to a larger enemy force. cap their ships, call ai, drop inf on a planet being invaded, rebuild planets that are bombed or getting bombed.

Its something not everyone does but many vetran players do.

Stick with a faction and get to know people for a while.

You dont need to be in a fleet just learn your way in one faction at a time even when its slow and your outnumbered stay the course.

Give each faction a chance and learn all you can about each one.

Then you become a more complete player in DS as you can combat and defend more effectively against any faction as you are well trained in each after spending time in each one.

maybe one day there will be a time when you will choose your favorite faction and want to stay for a year or longer....
there will be moments when you may be all alone for a short time,

Learn how to fight and be effective as a solo player as well as a team player use all ships at your disposal.

... you will see many vets get whatever ship is needed from time to time. From a scout to an engineer to a station ...

The ability to attain the bigger ships will come too soon for many players... take your time and use as many ships as you can.

while takeing the time to learn to play all factions and all ships, you become a more skilled player than those who jump to the bigger ships without taking the time to learn about the smaller ones.

For example 4 or ICC destroyers can lay waste the a UGTO EAD if done properly.

But after neary a decade of playing DS

all I can really say isl have fun and make friends

I met a lot of good people here so....

Enjoy DS

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-02 22:16   
Quote:

On 2011-06-02 19:23, Pantheon wrote:
/report players that threaten to shoot at you or kill you. Friendly Fire and/or Team Killing is totally unacceptable and players that do so will be harshly punished.

Changing factions, as another player stated, is encouraged for newer players; and whilst swapping to the winning faction can be seen as unsportsmanlike, it is not against the rules to do so.

We need to clarify that it's intentional friendly fire that's totally unacceptable. Unintentional (which can often be more accurately called "absent-minded") friendly fire happens all the time, like almost every battle. You'll be doing it and receiving it a lot. It happens. Don't go /reporting people because they happen to get in your way in a battle (unless they're purposely trying to block your weapons, which has happened during alliances between factions...the #1 rule is "if it's red it's dead", so nobody can force you to obey an alliance if you don't want to).

You'll hopefully know the difference between intentional and unintentional friendly fire. Stations are particularly good at dishing out tons of unintentional friendly fire when they blow up

[ This Message was edited by: General Zod on 2011-06-02 22:18 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025654 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR