Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Fraction Hopping and fleets
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Fraction Hopping and fleets
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-06-03 02:07   
actualy, i was told im allowed to shoot through my allies to hit enemies

if they dont move, its their own fault (regarding alliance... i dont just go around doing this.)

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-03 05:50   
Quote:

On 2011-06-02 18:00, Fattierob wrote:
Indeed, if we allow too much fraction hopping things could become irrational...we shouldn't be allowing mixed numbers of people to fraction hop around and produce a whole sum of derivative problems.

Dang. Fattie beat me to the fraction jab.....

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-03 06:53   
Always play whichever faction you feel happiest with. Sure if you hop around people will complain, but thats what people are for.

As a newer player, as many have said - playing all factions is a good way to start the game. If you play every faction thoroughly you learn everything about them. And that knowledge can be a deadly amount of power in the right hands.

Also remember, that no matter what ship or faction you fly, if you know what you are doing you can always be a pain in the rear for an enemy fleet, even alone.

Though true that just being a pain in the rear end of your enemy isn't exactly a prestige winner in this case, just remember you're supposed to be having fun. And nothing in the world is more fun to me than using a stealth bomber to completely disable the shipyard planets in an enemy system, or even make them revolt. Thats even better.

-Ent

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-06-03 07:13   
Quote:

On 2011-06-03 02:07, Defiance*XO* wrote:

If they happen to fly into your line of fire while you're shooting it's acceptable to accidentally hit them as long as you STOP shooting at them. Even better would be to detonate your projectiles before they hit them, since you earn fewer friendly fire points.

Continuing to fire when someone is in the way and you can SEE that they're in the way suggests that you are intentionally causing friendly fire, because you know that if you fire you're going to hit your allies.

Rules of thumb:

If you don't think you're going to hit your allies but you do, that's fine, it's accidental. It's not hard to misjudge exactly where your shots will go, particularly if you're shooting at a fast enemy from a long way away. In these situations, you can press shift + space to detonate all of your fired projectiles and prevent them from hitting your friend, although it will also toggle the PD mode of all your beam weapons so pressing it twice should switch everything back.

If you think you can hit the target but one or two shots might glance off your teammates, it's somewhat acceptable but you shouldn't make a habit of it. This tends to happen if, say, the target is in front of a station or dreadnaught and shots that miss end up hitting the allied ship. In these situations, you should definitely consider changing position; your friends will be grateful and you'll earn fewer FF points. Similarly, if an allied ship is on top of an enemy ship, you should take care that you'll hit the enemy ship; I see a lot of instances where everyone just fires blindly and the allied ship takes huge amounts of damage because nobody's taking care.

If you fire in any direction and you KNOW that the majority of your volley is going to hit an ally but you still hit spacebar, that is intentional friendly fire. You knew the shots would hit an ally but you still fired, therefore you must have intended to hit the allied ship. It doesn't matter what you've targeted, be it the allied ship, an enemy ship behind them, or a point in space in front of them, if you fire your weapons knowing that their path will hit an allied ship you should not fire regardless of how stupid they're being.

As a corollary to this, if someone on your team is intentionally griefing you by flying in front of your shots you should stay calm, hold your fire, and /report them, giving names, locations, and what's happening as per usual reporting rules. You should not shoot at them; two wrongs do not make a right.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-03 10:40   
Quote:

On 2011-06-03 02:07, Defiance*XO* wrote:

if they dont move, its their own fault (regarding alliance... i dont just go around doing this.)

Allies as in faction mates ("greens") or enemies ("reds") you have a temporary alliance with?

I don't think you're ever allowed to intentionally shoot through a green, even if it's a situation where one is sitting on a red that's temporarily allied to protect him from you.

I think in a case like that it's best to use /report. Alliances cannot be enforced ingame in any way. Greens cannot intentionally block other greens from hitting reds.

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-03 14:01   
Quote:

On 2011-06-02 13:11, coolestguy wrote:

The sad thing is the trolls and flammers seem to find my fraction hopping annyoing and threaten to Team kill me should i ever join there fraction again. Now in all honesty, that is a game killer for me. People like that should not threaten new players, or say "Im never helping you again"

if this happens again, pm me and ill prim then for destruction

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
coolestguy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-04 15:18   
Well thanks for your support everyone, im happy that threats and Team killing are taken seriously around hear. Feels good to know the community wont stand for it.

Thanks everyone
[ This Message was edited by: coolestguy on 2011-06-04 15:18 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.026660 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR