Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Enough of espionage and sabotage
 Author Enough of espionage and sabotage
P2.
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-06-05 00:33   

when a player chooses a faction, should remain at least 1 day.

I'm tired when a player changing it to see how are the defenses and then return to their faction to attack.

Email P2.
Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2011-06-05 00:58   
I've found something that also makes me wonder. Although it may be contributed to utterly n00bish engineering or labotomized AI. Planet structurse will drop on and off line since their power plants are replaced with solar gens....

\"Oh you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it,
and feed the charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.\" - Capt. John Sheridan

Email Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-05 01:00   
don't know why someone would need to check the planet defences first. atm planet defence is a joke anyway.

Email Borgie
P2.
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-06-05 01:15   
Quote:

On 2011-06-05 01:00, Borgie wrote:
don't know why someone would need to check the planet defences first. atm planet defence is a joke anyway.

2 weeks ago somebody build 30 platforms in the middle of nowhere.
in other cases, defenses deactivated.
bad constructions and not for "ai" engineers.
many things happend.

if not can change of faction for limited time, prevent this.

Email P2.
Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2011-06-05 01:31   
Quote:

On 2011-06-05 01:00, Borgie wrote:

Agreed. Just found it...odd.

Hmm. Bring back the 1.480+ death stars! Would take planet capping out of the camping affair it is now and turn it into something that would require alot more effort. Death star days required lots of support at times just to make sure the planet didnt kill you short of the surface (K'luth planetary ruptors of Doom)...let alone the bombs (if it had ICC defenses). Then again...bombs would need to be a bit more powerful again (but not powerful enough to wipe out the entire surface like they used to if there were enough of them).

\"Oh you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it,
and feed the charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.\" - Capt. John Sheridan

Email Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-05 06:10   
I have many alt accts. What good would it do to have somebody tagged to a single faction if they can just use an alt?

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-05 06:35   
Quote:

On 2011-06-05 06:10, Azreal (Ret) wrote:
I have many alt accts. What good would it do to have somebody tagged to a single faction if they can just use an alt?

^this

it'd be useless to try and implement a system which can be circumvented via alts

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-05 07:16   
i agree that once u log in, u should stay that faction for at least that whole day. Would prevent a lot of QQ and makes ppl focues on playing

i would also like to point out that MI, pirates and i suspect even the gaifen kill planets as well, then they get built up by ai engy, u wont see immediatly planet is screwed.

on the other hand some high ranking players have no faction loyalty and switch several times/day just for more action. first helping to cap planets, then help other faction to cap it back

those ppl have to understand that even though this isnt illegal in the game, u will have less good-will from other players to protect u, maybe even the others want to annoy u back by jumpin out when u jmup inot action. By faction hoppin u will never fully be a part of the team (at least thats how i feel). the help is welcome of course, just i notice ppl hoppin to ugto AFTER we bring the firepower and dominate

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-05 08:44   
Its why I create an account for each faction, those accounts stays on that faction. whenever I need or the desire to explore the other faction for a chage of scenery I use those. And for the people who know my alts know I always give 110%.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-06-05 17:55   
From the perspective of the RoC, spying and sabotage are bad and should be reported, using the /report function.

However, at the same time it is perfectly acceptable to change teams if you fancy a change, and in fact I recommend playing all the factions in order to get used to how they play (knowing that ICC can rotate their shields will let you take that into account when fighting them and blow them up more efficiently, for example). However, this requires a modicum of integrity if you do it mid-battle, and I strongly recommend that you stick to a single faction for a given playing session in order to avoid accusations of spying or otherwise abusing the faction-change system.

And yes, sabotage gets flagged up in the logs in big red text and no, using an alt to do it won't help you get away with it. Thank you.

[ This Message was edited by: Gejaheline on 2011-06-06 07:40 ]

Page created in 0.023779 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR