Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Is it ok to.....eat small ships?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Is it ok to.....eat small ships?
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-05 11:27   
for me:

in scenario, i leae engies for the first few minutes alone (around 30 minutes) so they can build their planets, and bring nice, big ships to kill

in meta, i follow the rule: if its red, make it dead

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-06-05 13:52   
theres nothing wrong with it, however if i get atacked ina engie or xtractor (usualy in scenerio) ill kill evry engy in the game untill theres a truce not to, then go back to building. btw when the player comes back dont run if the ship is bigger lol

[ This Message was edited by: Died~2000~Deaths[+R]™ on 2011-06-05 13:55 ]

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-05 14:42   
Unfortunately, this game involves shooting things.

Therefore:

In meta, if it's red, it's dead.

In scen, if it's red and competitive, it's dead.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-06-05 16:29   
If you build yourself then you will know how anoying it is to be killed in an engiee, therefore i dont kill engies if the planet is not just capped or defended.

You may take it as a quest to be ready to hit sift-j to escape a Dread Alpha, but when you see the Dread but still cant jump because you die of "lag" its just lame.(In Scenario you may always escape jump, since there is no lag)

Same with boarding ships, if someone has the guts to attack and if i am not outnumbered i dont drop troops, because i know how stupid it feels to escape a nice fight and then still lose your ship just because of boarding infantry. But i know many will say "So what? War is Hell, war is hell".

Its just i say: Dont do anything which REALY anoys yourself, to someone else, including interdictors.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-06-05 17:36   
From a rules perspective, if it's red, it's dead. If the enemy fields a small ship then so be it.

However, it seems to be quite easy to suffer from a form of target fixation where one will target small, easily-killed ships (and I don't just mean things that are actually wise to kill first, like supply ships or corvettes with beacons) to the exclusion of all else, such as ignoring EADs attacking from behind or the fact that the small ship is on top of a station in the middle of a fleet and thus cannot be hit.

If a smaller ship starts shooting at you, don't forget to make sure they're not distracting you from something big and nasty creeping up behind you.

Also, from a prestige perspective don't forget that using a dreadnaught to kill a scout will net you virtually no prestige and your kill count is not a stat that earns you prestige.

Kaepora
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-06 01:51   
Everybody knows that any military personel from a modernized country shoots unnarmed enemies that pose no threat.

Oh wait....

No honor these days. At the least, give them a warning shot and /tell them to stop building it. And even then only if it's a contested planet in a contested system. Someone rebuilding Earth after K'luth cap it, and you decloak in a krill? Yeah, that's just rediculous.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-06 02:04   
I have an idea - a gentle way to eat small ship. Capture it.
Capturing ship by using a dread is quite an interesting challenge and guarantees improvement of pilot skill. Besides, you need privateer badge to drive station so it worths.

Capture a scout in station, anyone?

coolestguy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-06 02:25   
Well, id like to say thanks for all the responses you guys all gave. Nice to read them all, both for or against.

The one post that kinda made me see a good point was, if the player is new, it can keep new players from wanting to play.

Just coming out of being a new player, that one struck home i guess and i wouldn't like it much either. Think ill leave engi's alone..............unless i know the player has a Dread ^.^

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-06-06 03:28   
weak...

if you dont want to be poped while building, take some precautions.

Dont build in F3, just check it to get an idea of where the planet is in its development.

Build supply plat docks... that is, build four or five supply plats in a box formation with rings interlocking. Park your arse in the middle of them and point your nose so you can jump without hitting the planet.

killing engies in scenario is so frowned upon, i actually wont even go back into scen, unless it is to kill engies.

The goal of this game is to win.. even more so in scenario.

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-06-06 03:30 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-06 03:37   

You can no longer mine without facing the planet with the new layouts, and who gives you several minutes to lay down supply plats before attacking a relatively unarmed planet?

Also currently in scen no one plays scen to win it, they play scen for engi, tranny, and bomber badge, maybe for a little bit of small ship dueling. If you really wanted to "win" scen, just set up the ultimate inf planet and tranny rush every flagged planet. But of course that would actually take effort.

[ This Message was edited by: SpaceAdmiral on 2011-06-06 03:41 ]

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-06-06 03:50   
I know how annoying it is to get killed in an engi, therefore I don't do it myself. I usually give the engi a /t message as warning to jump away.

Killing new players in supply ships is a definite no-no for me. Supplying is a very good way for new players to learn and observe the game, while at the same time participating in it. Getting killed time and again in supply ships is very morale-breaking for new players. I just don't do it. And with the new layouts supply ships will have an even lower chance of survival.

Email Alcedo
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-06 04:05   

Everybody/ship is fair game in the MV or scen.
Doesn't matter if yer an ensign or CM.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-06 04:08   
Quote:

On 2011-06-06 03:50, Alcedo wrote:
I know how annoying it is to get killed in an engi, therefore I don't do it myself. I usually give the engi a /t message as warning to jump away.

Killing new players in supply ships is a definite no-no for me. Supplying is a very good way for new players to learn and observe the game, while at the same time participating in it. Getting killed time and again in supply ships is very morale-breaking for new players. I just don't do it. And with the new layouts supply ships will have an even lower chance of survival.

Uggie suppies are priority targets. They rep the EADs and BDs making them harder to kill.
So too bad.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-06-06 04:12   
i should specify...

I /who people. If their Captain, ill kill them. If not, Ill jump in and select one weapon to fire, followed by a /t message "if i were mean, you would be dead right now." "shift J is emergancy jump"

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-06-06 07:14   
Quote:

On 2011-06-06 03:28, Defiance*XO* wrote:
weak...

if you dont want to be poped while building, take some precautions.

Dont build in F3, just check it to get an idea of where the planet is in its development.

Build supply plat docks... that is, build four or five supply plats in a box formation with rings interlocking. Park your arse in the middle of them and point your nose so you can jump without hitting the planet.

killing engies in scenario is so frowned upon, i actually wont even go back into scen, unless it is to kill engies.

The goal of this game is to win.. even more so in scenario.

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-06-06 03:30 ]

-If you want to build fast and on poles you will need F3/orbit.

-If you waste plats just to protect you, you wont serve your faction well if plats are neede elsewhere and there will be less ai on your side(in MV).

-The plats wont save you from a point jumping Dread, in fact they will atract them.

I say orbit and turn nose ready for e-jump. only under pressure circle the planet while building..quite stressy.

-Killing engies in Scenario is not good, in the old days it ruined the fun for most because time is up before the brawl/sy spawn begins.
Now killing engiees in Scenario is even worse, often new players are trying to understand how building works.
If someone like you comes along to kill them, there is nothing cool with it, you should show some greatness or go hunt ai if you want kills.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.045179 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR